Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Pittsburgh Sports > Pittsburgh Penguins

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS
Closed Thread

Old 03-02-2010, 09:09 PM   #10481
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413
Default Re: Pens Tidbits

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneForTheToe View Post
Well this is crazy. I found this article when searching for news about the trade.
http://tsn.ca/columnists/bob_mckenzie/?id=312137

Me thinks somebody got themselves some souvenirs.
That totally sucks. Unfortunately, I doubt the RCMP is going to find the thief unless someone rats him/her out.

The Anti-Wahoo
Old 03-02-2010, 09:11 PM   #10482
OneForTheToe
Living Legend

Member Number: 2408

Quote:
Originally Posted by HometownGal View Post
That totally sucks. Unfortunately, I doubt the RCMP is going to find the thief unless someone rats him/her out.

Or it ends up on Ebay.
Old 03-02-2010, 09:15 PM   #10483
SteelCityMom

Member Number:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneForTheToe View Post
Well this is crazy. I found this article when searching for news about the trade.
http://tsn.ca/columnists/bob_mckenzie/?id=312137

Me thinks somebody got themselves some souvenirs.
Haha, yeah I heard them talking about that during the game. They joked that maybe Orpik took them. I can't believe they're going to launch a full investigation on it though...I mean, c'mon, he's got more lol.

Interesting articles on the trade talks too...not sad to see Skoula go at all, but I'll miss Caputi. Great player, excellent name and he wasn't too hard on the eyes either.

Old 03-02-2010, 09:20 PM   #10484
Petesburgh66
Team Captain

Member Number: 1988

Have fun with Ponikarovsky. He is inconsistent and doesn't play to his size. At least he will get Malkin's scraps around the net.

Skoula? The Leafs have enough D to begin with.
Old 03-02-2010, 09:22 PM   #10485
X-Terminator
Mr. Wrong
Supporter

Member Number: 2550

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityMom View Post
Haha, yeah I heard them talking about that during the game. They joked that maybe Orpik took them. I can't believe they're going to launch a full investigation on it though...I mean, c'mon, he's got more lol.
Not those, though. I mean, he scored the GWG in the game using that stick and those gloves - those should be keepsakes. I know I wouldn't want that stuff ripped off, I'd want it back. I have no problem with the investigation, but I also agree with HTG that it'll be damn tough for the RCMP to find the thief.
Old 03-02-2010, 09:31 PM   #10486
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityMom View Post

Interesting articles on the trade talks too...not sad to see Skoula go at all, but I'll miss Caputi. Great player, excellent name and he wasn't too hard on the eyes either.

I wouldn't put it past MAF to play a prank like that on Sid. He's quite the prankster around that locker room.

Caputi is definitely a cutie, but look what we're gettin' in return!

The Anti-Wahoo
Old 03-02-2010, 09:45 PM   #10487
X-Terminator
Mr. Wrong
Supporter

Lost in all of this excitement about the Pens being back in action, the trades and the win, the Pens right now are in 1st place. The Devils are playing the Sharks right now on Versus, so let's go Sharks!
Old 03-02-2010, 10:01 PM   #10488
Fire Haley
Banned

Member Number: 763
Thanked 1,098 Times in 768 Posts

LEAFS TRADE PONIKAROVSKY TO PENGUINS FOR SKOULA, CAPUTI

The Toronto Maple Leafs have traded forward Alexei Ponikarovsky to the Pittsburgh Penguins for defenceman Martin Skoula and forward Luca Caputi.

Ponikarovsky was kept out of Tuesday's line-up as a healthy scratch for Toronto's home game against the Carolina Hurricanes.

Ponikarovsky will be an unrestricted free agent at the end of the season and is earning $2.5 million this year. The 29-year old native of Kiev, Ukraine, has 19 goals and 22 assists in 61 games this season and is on pace to eclipse his career-high 23 goals set in 2008-09.

Drafted by the Maple Leafs in the 4th round (87th overall) in the 1998 NHL Entry Draft, Ponikarovsky had 114 goals, 143 assists and a plus-56 rating in 477 games with the blue and white.

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=312141
Old 03-02-2010, 10:27 PM   #10489
X-Terminator
Mr. Wrong
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petesburgh66 View Post
Have fun with Ponikarovsky. He is inconsistent and doesn't play to his size. At least he will get Malkin's scraps around the net.

Skoula? The Leafs have enough D to begin with.
I know all about Poni's history, but still...the guy has managed to score 19 goals playing on the worst team in the league, and is already the 2nd leading goal scorer on the Pens behind Crosby. He's also never played with a center the likes of Geno or Sid - Sundin was the best center he ever played with in Toronto. I'm worried about his penchant for disappearing for stretches at a time and having limited playoff experience, but I think he'll do well here. I still am not happy they gave up Caputi, though. He was the Pens' 2nd best wing prospect, and considering the absolute lack of talent at wing in the organization, that is a big loss. This had better mean Shero is planning on spending his 1st rounder on a winger, because after Eric Tangradi, the Pens have nobody who can be a top-6 forward.
Old 03-02-2010, 10:49 PM   #10490
Fire Haley
Banned

Member Number: 763
Thanked 1,098 Times in 768 Posts

With 19 goals he's already our #1 winger in scoring....he can talk Russian with Malkin on his line
Closed Thread