Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Pittsburgh Sports > Pittsburgh Penguins

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC
Closed Thread

Old 03-03-2010, 12:28 PM   #10521
Fire Haley
Banned

Member Number: 763
Thanked 1,098 Times in 768 Posts
Default Re: Pens Tidbits

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlrtruck View Post
It means Canada will not win Gold in the next winter olympics.
that's what I needed to hear

Poni and Malkin

Old 03-03-2010, 12:34 PM   #10522
Fire Haley
Banned

Craig Adams - healthy scratch?

That's my bet

Kunitz - Crosby - Guerin
Fedotanko - Malkin - Ponikarovsky
Cooke - Staal - Kennedy
Dupuis - Rupp - Talbot
Adams

Gonchar - Orpik
Eaton - Letang
Goligoski - Leopold
Mckee

Fleury
Johnson
Old 03-03-2010, 01:05 PM   #10523
X-Terminator
Mr. Wrong
Supporter

Member Number: 2550

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petesburgh66 View Post
I am sure Burke was happy to get the draft pick instead of being stuck with another stiff. However, Burke has a few more stiffs to get rid, namely Lee Stempniak and Garnet Exelby in the next few hours for picks. Tomas Kaberle isn't going any where.

Caputi and 5th round pick for Poni sounds like a win for the Maple Leafs, considering Burke wasn't going to sign Poni anyways. Poni is not a Burke type player.
Kaberle isn't going anywhere...yet. My money's on Burke trading him this summer, when he's free to trade him to any team. I'm sure there will be plenty of them lined up to offer a mint for him.

Yeah, I'd say the Leafs win this trade. They win the trade even if the Pens win the Cup just because of the impact it will have on the team's depth. If Shero drafts another winger with his 1st rounder, it'll take some of the sting off it, but still...the chance of having 3 legit wing prospects is better than 2. BTW, Kessel isn't a Burke-type player either, yet he gave up a lot to get him. But hey, someone has to put the puck in the net. He's been more inconsistent than Poni has, and he's making a hell of a lot more money...not to mention the fact that he was invisible during the entire Olympic tournament.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer View Post

That's my bet

Kunitz - Crosby - Guerin
Cooke - Staal - Kennedy
Dupuis - Rupp - Talbot
Adams

Gonchar - Orpik
Eaton - Letang
Goligoski - Leopold
Mckee

Fleury
Johnson
Talbot and Adams will be HS based on the opponent. When the playoffs roll around, though, something tells me Talbot will be getting the bulk of the playing time. The rest of the lineup is spot-on, except Orpik has been playing with Letang and Gonchar has been with Eaton.
Old 03-03-2010, 01:07 PM   #10524
steelpride12
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 5713

Quote:

That's my bet

Kunitz - Crosby - Guerin
Cooke - Staal - Kennedy
Dupuis - Rupp - Talbot
Adams

Gonchar - Orpik
Eaton - Letang
Goligoski - Leopold
Mckee

Fleury
Johnson
I like the look of that lineup. Adams has been a huge disappointment, but I guess he is not a goal scorer, but is huge for the Pens on the penalty kill.
Old 03-03-2010, 01:24 PM   #10525
OneForTheToe
Living Legend

Member Number: 2408

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Terminator View Post
Caputi is scheduled to join the Leafs in Boston. So much for "taking many more seasons until he was a starter." The only reason the kid wasn't playing was because they insisted on putting Fedotenko out there every night even though he's struggled mightily this season. You're telling me they couldn't have gotten more than 9 goals out of Caputi this season playing with Malkin?

Yea, but Fedotenko is pretty solid in the playoffs. Hell, he even fights - sort of. Granted, Fedotenko and even Talbot aren't guys that do a whole lot offensively during the season, but both are guys you want on the ice in the playoffs - especially Max. I would think we will see Talbot some on Geno's line come playoff time.
Old 03-03-2010, 02:44 PM   #10526
steelpride12
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 5713

Pens aquire s 2010 6th Round Pick

Got the pick from Toronto in trade for Defense men Chris Peluso a Senior @ Bemidji State.

Ill take another player in the draft.

No like, I got it from my Pens updates from their website on my phone.
Old 03-03-2010, 03:43 PM   #10527
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneForTheToe View Post
Yea, but Fedotenko is pretty solid in the playoffs. Hell, he even fights - sort of. Granted, Fedotenko and even Talbot aren't guys that do a whole lot offensively during the season, but both are guys you want on the ice in the playoffs - especially Max. I would think we will see Talbot some on Geno's line come playoff time.
Exactly. Tank and Max due a whole helluva lot more out on that ice than score goals. Sure, I'd love to see more scoring out of both of 'em, but they are good fits for the team and solid players that are crucial to this team's success, particularly in the playoff run.

I hated losing Luca, but I'm not going to cry over spilled milk and look forward to seeing what Ponikarovsky can bring to the lineup. I have a feeling we aren't going to be disappointed.

The Anti-Wahoo
Old 03-03-2010, 08:57 PM   #10528
Fire Haley
Banned

Ryan Whitney just got dealt to the Oilers.

Whitney still has three seasons remaining on the six-year, $24 million deal that Whitney signed with the Pens back in July of 2007.
Old 03-03-2010, 09:42 PM   #10529
Shea
Head Coach

Member Number: 5066

Wow, busy couple days in Pens' land leads to a busy thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HometownGal View Post
I heard that too, and was very disappointed in that lack of class and appreciation for one of our own - our captain! I shouldn't be surprised, though - XT can tell you how many classless fans we encounter when we're at the games. Dollars to donuts sez these ignoramuses didn't even know that Pittsburgh had a hockey team until the 2005 season.

I heard boos when Lindy Rupp's name was announced, too, which was just plain ignorant.

What I really loved, though, was hearing the loud cheers and applause when Ryan Miller's name was announced to the crowd and he seemed genuinely touched by his reaction from the runway.

LETS GO PENS!

I also thought it was cool the Pens' fans showed some love for Miller and was surprised that Sid got the boo-birds.

I've also seen a fair amount of animosity shown towards Sid on the internet, and not at all for the first time, from staunch Geno fans in the form of "of course it had to be Sid ", irritated that Sid succeded and it had nothing to do with their country being beat but about the attention not being on Evgeni - hell some of these sentiments were coming from Canadian fans of the team.

Sad to see fans of the team pitting the two against each other instead of feeling fortunate that we have them both. Yes, Sid gets so much more attention but grow-up people and appreciate them both like I do.
Old 03-03-2010, 10:06 PM   #10530
Shea
Head Coach

Member Number: 5066

Quote:
Caputi was a 4th rd pick and is still a "prospect". People just liked him because of his name.
Well it is a bitchin' name but don't demean people's points of view on losing him on that simple irrelevant, non-factoring issue.

Of course the Pens' fans around here aren't going to hold value due to a name and what's on the back of a player's jersey but on what they see on the ice and some are wondering what might be lossed with this guy being traded.
Closed Thread