Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Pittsburgh Sports > Pittsburgh Penguins

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC
Closed Thread

Old 03-03-2010, 10:06 PM   #10531
steelerdude15
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 15774
Default Re: Pens Tidbits

Yeah I'm happy to have both, plus Staal, Dupuis, Gonchar, and Fleury.
Old 03-04-2010, 04:00 AM   #10532
WH

Member Number:

The same people that booed Sid are the people that wear Steelers Jersey's and bring Terrible Towels to Hockey games.

Old 03-04-2010, 07:34 AM   #10533
SteelMember
Team Owner

Member Number: 8745

Quote:
Originally Posted by WH View Post
The same people that booed Sid are the people that wear Steelers Jersey's and bring Terrible Towels to Hockey games.
Nice generalization. Maybe these folks aren't real hockey fans.

"Before you can win a game, you have to not lose it." -- Chuck Noll

Last edited by SteelMember; 03-04-2010 at 08:29 AM. Reason: typo
Old 03-04-2010, 07:45 AM   #10534
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

Quote:
Or maybe they simply can't afford a hockey jersey - they're not cheap ya know?

The Anti-Wahoo
Old 03-04-2010, 08:40 AM   #10535
Fire Haley
Banned

Member Number: 763
Thanked 1,098 Times in 768 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shea View Post
Well it is a bitchin' name but don't demean people's points of view
You are right - saying Caputi is skinny and weak on the boards and can't skate is what I should have said.
Old 03-04-2010, 08:56 AM   #10536
WH

Member Number:

Mard Andre Fleury can get a pass, he's French Canadian, he doesn't know any better.

There were a group of obnoxious fans at the last Pens game I was at (Pens-Flyers November 2007), they sat behind me. All sporting their terrible towels and Steelers jersey's.....all of which yelled for ''That guy'' to be pulled because ''Hines Ward should be put in instead, because Hines Ward would be a better player'' and yelling for Renegade to be played between the Second and Third period. It drove me nuts.

Because of their poor behavior, all those other poor schmoes in Steelers gear at Pens games get generalized. I really should have gotten their first names though. Then 3 years later we could have avoided this go'round.

I really should learn to think ahead.

Old 03-04-2010, 08:59 AM   #10537
WH

Member Number:

Quote:
Originally Posted by HometownGal View Post
Or maybe they simply can't afford a hockey jersey - they're not cheap ya know?
I know, HTG, I had to sacrifice putting a name on mine in order to get one. It's insane how much they cost.

I can't decide if I want to leave it blank for 15 years in case my son plays hockey or until I learn to skate well enough to play in a pickup game.

Old 03-04-2010, 09:57 AM   #10538
X-Terminator
Mr. Wrong
Supporter

Member Number: 2550

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shea View Post
Wow, busy couple days in Pens' land leads to a busy thread.

I also thought it was cool the Pens' fans showed some love for Miller and was surprised that Sid got the boo-birds.

I've also seen a fair amount of animosity shown towards Sid on the internet, and not at all for the first time, from staunch Geno fans in the form of "of course it had to be Sid ", irritated that Sid succeded and it had nothing to do with their country being beat but about the attention not being on Evgeni - hell some of these sentiments were coming from Canadian fans of the team.

Sad to see fans of the team pitting the two against each other instead of feeling fortunate that we have them both. Yes, Sid gets so much more attention but grow-up people and appreciate them both like I do.
Yeah, there is a fan like that on another board I'm a member of - hockey-related. She is a staunch Geno fan and says she doesn't hate Sid, but is pissed because he gets all of the attention while Geno barely gets any. Like I told her and all of the other Crosby haters, don't blame him for all of the attention he gets, blame the NHL and the media hype machine. He didn't ask to be the face of the league, he didn't ask for a million microphones in his face every day and he didn't ask for his face to be plastered all over the internet. If you ask him, he'd probably tell you he'd rather stay out of the spotlight and just play hockey. Look at the reaction the media had during the Final last season, when Bylsma dared give Sid a day off from talking to the media. There was also a fan (another Malkin fan) who actually said that the Pens should consider trading Sid since he was struggling at the time and that it shows that Malkin clearly is the better player. And this was in November! There is a small but loud anti-Crosby, pro-Malkin crowd among Pens fans, and I just don't understand it. You're absolutely right - they should just be thankful that 2 of the best players in the world wear the Skating Penguin on their chests, and that they were instrumental in bringing us another championship.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wirels3 View Post
I just saw on TV at the place I was eating about how Sid was booed but Miller was cheered for. Why do fans have to be like this? What did we expect Sid to do? Lose for his own country because he plays for a US Hockey team. So I should go and burn my jersey now? HELL NO!! I am VERY proud of our USA Hockey team and I am VERY proud of Sid because he just rocks for us and is a nice guy over all. SUCK IT FANS that booed Sid.

I was at the Philly airport yesterday and I was sitting by a lady from Canada. I turned and said congrats for having such an awesome Olympics. She said thanks and also said sorry for the other night. I replied and said why as I grabbed my laptop and showed her my Stanley Cup sticker. I said I am very proud of Sid and that is why I have his jersey. She then handed me the front page of the Ontario paper which had Sid on the whole front page. She said I could have it. That was awesome!! I then in turn reached in my suit jacket and pulled out a Pen's lottery ticket and said this is for you. She ended up winning $4. Memories are made!!
Like I said earlier, there were MANY Pens fans who felt that Sid shouldn't get any accolades and that the Americans should be the ones honored since of course this is America. Baloney. Sid is the captain of your team - show some respect and love for the man.

And that was an awesome story about the Canadian fan!

Quote:
Mard Andre Fleury can get a pass, he's French Canadian, he doesn't know any better.

There were a group of obnoxious fans at the last Pens game I was at (Pens-Flyers November 2007), they sat behind me. All sporting their terrible towels and Steelers jersey's.....all of which yelled for ''That guy'' to be pulled because ''Hines Ward should be put in instead, because Hines Ward would be a better player'' and yelling for Renegade to be played between the Second and Third period. It drove me nuts.

Because of their poor behavior, all those other poor schmoes in Steelers gear at Pens games get generalized. I really should have gotten their first names though. Then 3 years later we could have avoided this go'round.

I really should learn to think ahead.
Dude, HTG and I deal with lunkheads like this all season. So I definitely feel your pain.
Old 03-04-2010, 10:03 AM   #10539
supa_fly_steeler
Banned

Member Number: 15332

Improving Rangers host Crosby and Penguins
Wednesday, 03.03.2010 / 9:24 PM
Dave Lozo - NHL.com Staff Writer
http://www.nhl.com/ice/preview.htm?i...vid=sb:preview

PENGUINS (37-22-4) at RANGERS (29-27-7)

Last 10 -- Pittsburgh 5-2-3; New York 5-5-0.

Season series -- This is the sixth and final meeting between the Atlantic Division foes. The Penguins won the first four matchups, but the Rangers came away with a 3-2 overtime win Feb. 12 in Pittsburgh.

Big story -- The Rangers went to the Olympic break playing well and returned from the layoff in the same fashion. They won two in a row before the two-week break, then scored four unanswered goals to beat the Senators in Ottawa on Tuesday. Meanwhile, the Penguins have loaded up for another Stanley Cup push, acquiring forward Alexei Ponikarovsky and defenseman Jordan Leopold in separate deals before the trade deadline.

Team Scope :

Penguins -- After going into the break losers of two straight, the Pens started the homestretch with a 3-2 win Tuesday in Buffalo. They did so with Marc Andre-Fleury getting the night off and an admittedly tired Sidney Crosby. Both players won gold medals with Team Canada at the Vancouver Olympics.

"It's not bad, [despite] going on a long flight and getting here and getting right back in the swing of things," Crosby said. "I'll try to manage my rest as we go along here, but I felt all right considering all that."

Rangers -- Down a goal on the road, the Rangers not only didn't crumble -- they stormed back behind U.S. Olympian Ryan Callahan's two goals.

"I think right when I jumped on the ice I was still competing at that speed and that level, and I found it helped me out a lot," said Callahan, who had one assist in six games at the Olympics. "I think that's one of the biggest things I tried to bring back, was not to have that sudden letdown where you don't keep your speed up and your game up, and I think that was one of the reasons I was successful (Tuesday)."

Who's hot -- Callahan started hot with his two-goal game, and goaltender Henrik Lundqvist stopped 24 of 25 shots against the Senators. … Penguins left wing Ruslan Fedotenko had a goal and an assist against the Sabres on Tuesday, and defenseman Sergei Gonchar also scored his 200th career goal in that win.

Injury report -- Penguins tough guy Eric Godard is still out with a groin injury. .. Rangers defenseman Michael Del Zotto (abdomen) may return tonight, but winger Marian Gaborik (leg) is questionable.

Stat pack -- The Rangers rank 18th in the NHL on the power play with an 18 percent success rate, but have a 22.7 percent success rate at home, fourth-best in the League.

Puck drop -- "He's a good, hard-working winger who drives to the net hard, he has good size, he's a good player. I feel like he's a good addition for us." -- Fedotenko, on Ponikarovsky.
Old 03-04-2010, 10:12 AM   #10540
supa_fly_steeler
Banned

Member Number: 15332

Fans that booed Crosby have no appreciation for the game and for the team itself.

He was representing his country and the highest possible level. And too boo your franchise player that was one of the players that turned the misfortunes of the franchise around to a forunate franchise to of picked him? Atrocious fans and should be ashamed of themselves. He's also the captain.

We never boo Joey Porter or Ron Woodson for winning that championship with the the Ratbirds

-- Also Chicago Booed Jonathan Toews.

Dissapointing fan support.
Closed Thread