Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Pittsburgh Sports > Pittsburgh Penguins

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Closed Thread

Old 03-25-2010, 09:48 PM   #10951
X-Terminator
Mr. Wrong
Supporter

Member Number: 2550
Default Re: Pens Tidbits

Leafs win 2-1...in OT. So the Pens will have to get at least 1 point against the Flyers to clinch a playoff berth. The Devils, BTW, lost 4-3 in a SO, so they get a point and regain the division lead.
Old 03-25-2010, 11:13 PM   #10952
Shea
Head Coach

Member Number: 5066

We'll make the playoffs. I'm not worried about that.

Although I hate that the end of the season is so near - because I'm already feeling how much I'll miss hockey - but I'm anticipating and looking forward to the teams response, and hopefully improved play in the playoffs. They need a wake-up call and I see that happening when all is on the line.

Nothing in sports beats playoff hockey, and I truely believe the Pens have another big run within them and that this best of sports will be fun for us Pens fans.

Repeat anyone? I personally can see it!
Old 03-26-2010, 08:35 AM   #10953
steelpride12
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 5713

Well on a good note: Happy 46th Birthday to Ulf Samuelsson!

Old 03-26-2010, 09:19 AM   #10954
steelpride12
Banned
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wirels3 View Post
Well ladies and gents... We have 6 games and 6 ways to feel good about it.

We have 87, 71, 17, 13, 29 and the whole Pen's kickazz team on Igloo ice.. I know we will go out with a HUGE bang being this the last stand in the Igloo... Are you with me on this?!!
Just to be a smart ass we have 8 games remaining

Yes I do believe and I believe the Pens will kick these last games strong and enter the playoffs firing on all cylinders! Lets Go Pens!
Old 03-26-2010, 10:40 AM   #10955
X-Terminator
Mr. Wrong
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shea View Post
We'll make the playoffs. I'm not worried about that.

Although I hate that the end of the season is so near - because I'm already feeling how much I'll miss hockey - but I'm anticipating and looking forward to the teams response, and hopefully improved play in the playoffs. They need a wake-up call and I see that happening when all is on the line.

Nothing in sports beats playoff hockey, and I truely believe the Pens have another big run within them and that this best of sports will be fun for us Pens fans.

Repeat anyone? I personally can see it!
Absolutely we can repeat as champs...as long as someone knocks off New Jersey first

Seriously though, if they are clicking on all cylinders and Fleury plays the way he did in the playoffs last year, there isn't a team in the league that the Pens couldn't beat in a 7-game series.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wirels3 View Post
Well ladies and gents... We have 6 games and 6 ways to feel good about it.

We have 87, 71, 17, 13, 29 and the whole Pen's kickazz team on Igloo ice.. I know we will go out with a HUGE bang being this the last stand in the Igloo... Are you with me on this?!!
What about some love for 9, 11, 44 and 55?

Since this is the Pens' last homestand at Mellon, I hope the fans are louder than ever, and the team sends the building out in style (for the regular season, anyway).

Speaking of arenas, HTG and I will be getting our season ticket info pack next week, so we'll finally know where our seats will be in Consol next year and what the pricing will be. They are also going to send a link to a 3-D rendering of the arena so that we'll be able to see what the view will be like from anywhere in the building. I'll post the link here so that everyone can have a look. Can't wait to see where they put us - I just hope it isn't the last row in the upper deck or something like that. We should be getting our playoff tickets pretty soon as well.
Old 03-26-2010, 11:12 AM   #10956
steelpride12
Banned
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Terminator View Post
Absolutely we can repeat as champs...as long as someone knocks off New Jersey first

Seriously though, if they are clicking on all cylinders and Fleury plays the way he did in the playoffs last year, there isn't a team in the league that the Pens couldn't beat in a 7-game series.

What about some love for 9, 11, 44 and 55?

Since this is the Pens' last homestand at Mellon, I hope the fans are louder than ever, and the team sends the building out in style (for the regular season, anyway).

Speaking of arenas, HTG and I will be getting our season ticket info pack next week, so we'll finally know where our seats will be in Consol next year and what the pricing will be. They are also going to send a link to a 3-D rendering of the arena so that we'll be able to see what the view will be like from anywhere in the building. I'll post the link here so that everyone can have a look. Can't wait to see where they put us - I just hope it isn't the last row in the upper deck or something like that. We should be getting our playoff tickets pretty soon as well.
Great that link would be appreciated when you receive it. I hope you guys get great seats too and since Ive been on the waiting list forever I know that I get first dibs on tickets before the general public and for sure will at least be at the opening game.

Also will be attempted to go to at least 3 playoff games this year and one during the finals. Ugh I hope I get the chance at season tickets soon been on the list for 5 seasons now!
Old 03-26-2010, 11:37 AM   #10957
X-Terminator
Mr. Wrong
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelpride12 View Post
Great that link would be appreciated when you receive it. I hope you guys get great seats too and since Ive been on the waiting list forever I know that I get first dibs on tickets before the general public and for sure will at least be at the opening game.

Also will be attempted to go to at least 3 playoff games this year and one during the finals. Ugh I hope I get the chance at season tickets soon been on the list for 5 seasons now!
If you've been on the list that long, you should be one of the first in line to buy season tickets because I'm sure they will make more seats available since there will be about 1100 more seats in the building (Mellon seats 16,958; Consol 18,087). They cut them off at 14,000 the past 3 seasons, so they may increase that to 15,000 or more, while leaving them plenty of seats to sell to the general public.
Old 03-26-2010, 11:50 AM   #10958
steelpride12
Banned
Supporter

I sure hope so I got the money and so ready. It's been too long!
Old 03-26-2010, 02:04 PM   #10959
X-Terminator
Mr. Wrong
Supporter

Evgeni Malkin is Dapper Dan Sportsman of the Year! Congrats Geno on this well-deserved honor!

http://penguins.nhl.com/club/news.ht...id=DL|PIT|home
Old 03-26-2010, 03:42 PM   #10960
X-Terminator
Mr. Wrong
Supporter

And now for some bad news - no Malkin for sure and perhaps no Gonchar tomorrow against the Flyers. Malkin is still dealing with bruised foot and Gonchar is sick.

http://penguins.nhl.com/club/news.ht...id=DL|PIT|home