Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Pittsburgh Sports > Pittsburgh Penguins

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS
Closed Thread

Old 03-31-2010, 11:16 AM   #11001
X-Terminator
Mr. Wrong
Supporter

Member Number: 2550
Default Re: Pens Tidbits

You gotta love the Flyers fans and their paranoia.

Hey "Lefty" - the league is not out to get the Flyers. Your team is where it is because they effing SUCK, and they're undisciplined as hell. And if you really think the Flyers are the only team that gets the shaft from the referees, you need to stop smoking that wacky tobacky and come back to the real world. Or talk to Bill McCreary and ask him what he thinks about the Pens, given that he has royally screwed them multiple times in the past, including game 2 of the SCF last year when he missed a blatant hook right in front of him that led directly to a goal by the Wings.

In other words, cry me a river.
Old 03-31-2010, 11:21 AM   #11002
X-Terminator
Mr. Wrong
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelpride12 View Post
Team website reporting both Gonch and Malkin will be out for tonight's match up against the Lightning. Looks like we have to do it without them again against this pesky bolts team that gives the Pens hassle def. St. Louis and Lecavier.
Big game for the Pens now that the Devils have no games in hand and down one this is a chance to go up 3 points tonight. Come on boys!
Well that's just wonderful. I can understand Geno not playing, but I'd like to know what illness Gonchar had that has kept him out of the lineup for damn near 2 weeks. Oh well, here's hoping at least one of them will be ready to go on Saturday. In the meantime, I just hope they can stop Stamkos and beat Tampa tonight. They have a history of blowing opportunities to expand their division lead in the past.
Old 03-31-2010, 11:48 AM   #11003
steelpride12
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 5713

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Terminator View Post
Well that's just wonderful. I can understand Geno not playing, but I'd like to know what illness Gonchar had that has kept him out of the lineup for damn near 2 weeks. Oh well, here's hoping at least one of them will be ready to go on Saturday. In the meantime, I just hope they can stop Stamkos and beat Tampa tonight. They have a history of blowing opportunities to expand their division lead in the past.
Gonch has strept throat, I guess I can see because that is a nasty illness, but yes just need to bottle Stamkos, Lecavier, and St. Louis. Maybe get Rupp to beat the hell out of Downie who I hate with a passion! Go Pens!
Old 03-31-2010, 12:12 PM   #11004
X-Terminator
Mr. Wrong
Supporter

Quote:
Gonch has strept throat, I guess I can see because that is a nasty illness, but yes just need to bottle Stamkos, Lecavier, and St. Louis. Maybe get Rupp to beat the hell out of Downie who I hate with a passion! Go Pens!
Yeah, just read the update about Gonchar. Yeah, that would explain why he was bedridden for a few days. He's probably still weak a bit from not being able to eat much of anything and needs to regain it before he can play again.

Someone had better make Downie answer for that cheap shot on Crosby in the last meeting. I was pretty disappointed when no one went after him.
Old 03-31-2010, 12:24 PM   #11005
steelpride12
Banned
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Terminator View Post
Yeah, just read the update about Gonchar. Yeah, that would explain why he was bedridden for a few days. He's probably still weak a bit from not being able to eat much of anything and needs to regain it before he can play again.

Someone had better make Downie answer for that cheap shot on Crosby in the last meeting. I was pretty disappointed when no one went after him.
Agreed. I was surprised no Pens jump all over Downie when that happened or even took a shot at him some point in the game, but tonight were at home and the crowd will sure amp the Pens up.
Old 03-31-2010, 03:18 PM   #11006
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

Obviously, Letang's outrageous contract was not a precursor to Serg leaving or the Pens not working to extend his contract. The Pens FO, Bylsma and the entire team know how vital Serg's contributions are to the success of this team.

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pitt...rce=rss&feed=8

Quote:
Although many have assumed the Penguins would lose either Letang or unrestricted free-agent-to-be Sergei Gonchar this summer, the team emphasized that Gonchar's departure is hardly imminent despite the Letang signing.

The $3.5 million salary cap hit that Letang's contract will produce is not enough for the Penguins to alter their plans of re-signing Gonchar this season.

"This doesn't affect Sergei at all," Penguins GM Ray Shero said. "We still want to sit down with him this summer and get a deal done."

Letang would have been a restricted free agent this summer, but the Penguins wanted to lock him up in a long-term deal. The defenseman admitted in January that the contract situation was on his mind, and that family members brought the subject up daily.

"I'm just really happy about this," Letang said. "I want to be here. I think this is a special place."

Letang made it clear that he wants Gonchar to remain in Pittsburgh. Although Letang is an offensively gifted player, he has never displayed Gonchar's unique ability to quarterback the power play.

"I hope Gonch stays," Letang said. "We aren't the same team without Gonch."

Penguins coach Dan Bylsma also hopes Gonchar stays beyond this season. He doesn't believe Letang's contract will prohibit the Penguins from making a legitimate offer to Gonchar, who turns 36 the same week the playoffs begin.

"I don't think that was the intention or the ramification of the contract," Bylsma said.

Gonchar has been ill, missing the team's past three games. He admitted that, because he has been sick, his contract situation hasn't exactly been prominent in his mind.

The veteran made it clear that he would prefer to remain with the Penguins.

"I really don't know what their cap situation is," he said. "I don't know all the numbers. But Ray has always been honest with me."

The Anti-Wahoo
Old 03-31-2010, 04:19 PM   #11007
Fire Haley
Banned

Member Number: 763
Thanked 1,098 Times in 768 Posts

Quote:
Big game for the Pens now that the Devils have no games in hand and down one this is a chance to go up 3 points tonight. Come on boys!
Yep!

I wish we could stuff Martin St-Louis in a duffle bag and take him home with us.

Yay! the game is on Versus

Hot race for the last spot in the East.

Atlanta is on a 6-2 run

Philly, Boston and the Habs are all tied with 82 pts - Atlanta is 2 back at 80.
Old 03-31-2010, 06:33 PM   #11008
steelpride12
Banned
Supporter

Here we go boys time to take a 3 point division lead and keep the Sabres in the third spot GO PENS!
Old 03-31-2010, 06:42 PM   #11009
steelpride12
Banned
Supporter

Ugh Lashoff slams Fedotenko into the boards and he still has not gotten back up in over a minute! He got a game mis-conduct, but injuries NO!

I hope to see a suspension for that one!
Old 03-31-2010, 06:48 PM   #11010
steelpride12
Banned
Supporter

Dang! PP just doesn't look that great without Gonch or Malkin No goals on a 5 minute PP.
Closed Thread