Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Pittsburgh Sports > Pittsburgh Penguins

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Closed Thread

Old 04-01-2010, 01:47 PM   #11031
Fire Haley
Banned

Member Number: 763
Thanked 1,093 Times in 764 Posts
Default Re: Pens Tidbits

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Terminator View Post

I see you still believe the Sens are going to be a cakewalk despite all of the evidence to the contrary. .
I didn't say cakewalk - I'd just rather play them than the Habs. Ottawa is getting hot again too.

Not that it means much, Pens are #11 in the power rankings this week - Sens are #16.

http://tsn.ca/fantasy_news/feature/?ID=548
Old 04-01-2010, 02:28 PM   #11032
stlrtruck
THE PRINCESS' Daddy
Supporter

Member Number: 2398

Last night was one of the worst games I've seen in a long time. And what sucks even more is I only get to see the Pens on TV about once a month until the playoffs.

The Lightning announcer had it right when he said that the Pens looked flat and out of sequence. But I also give credit to the Lightning, they played a hell of a game last night. They out muscled the Pens all night long.

I hope they take this beating and use it to their advantage as we bring the regular season to a close.

60 Minutes, 53 Men, 6 Trophies,1 NATION. . .STEELERS NATION!!!
Sig courtesy of STEELAX04
Old 04-01-2010, 05:24 PM   #11033
Fire Haley
Banned

Like I said 4 or 5 pages ago - they're just playing to stay healthy. winning is irrelevant now.

We won't have home ice playing the Caps not matter what happens - they know that's they're biggest rival.

Of course, that kind of thinking could send them home early too.
Old 04-01-2010, 06:49 PM   #11034
X-Terminator
Mr. Wrong
Supporter

Member Number: 2550

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer View Post
Like I said 4 or 5 pages ago - they're just playing to stay healthy. winning is irrelevant now.

We won't have home ice playing the Caps not matter what happens - they know that's they're biggest rival.

Of course, that kind of thinking could send them home early too.
Judging by their 17 minute players-only meeting, I don't think they are just playing to stay healthy. They clearly want to win the division and get that 2nd seed. No, they wouldn't have home ice against the Caps, but if you can delay playing them for the first 2 rounds, why not go for it? Assuming both teams make it to the East Final, the Caps may be beat up, making them ripe for the picking, and their home ice advantage won't mean a thing.
Old 04-01-2010, 06:55 PM   #11035
WH

Member Number:

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Terminator View Post
Judging by their 17 minute players-only meeting, I don't think they are just playing to stay healthy. They clearly want to win the division and get that 2nd seed. No, they wouldn't have home ice against the Caps, but if you can delay playing them for the first 2 rounds, why not go for it? Assuming both teams make it to the East Final, the Caps may be beat up, making them ripe for the picking, and their home ice advantage won't mean a thing.
I hope they spend 1/17th of that meeting talking about why the PP is so horrible. With or without Gonchar.

The Pens need more toughness in front of the opposing net.

Old 04-01-2010, 07:10 PM   #11036
X-Terminator
Mr. Wrong
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by WH View Post
I hope they spend 1/17th of that meeting talking about why the PP is so horrible. With or without Gonchar.

The Pens need more toughness in front of the opposing net.
Ponikarovsky is your guy, but for some reason, they don't put him in front of the net. He needs to be there on every PP. It also doesn't help when your $14 million dollar "defenseman" misses the net 7 times in one game. The PP is clearly better with Gonchar in the lineup, because even if he doesn't score, more often than not he is going to get his shot on goal. Plus, as I mentioned earlier, the numbers do not lie - the Pens' PP is 3 percentage points better with Gonchar than without.
Old 04-01-2010, 07:32 PM   #11037
Fire Haley
Banned

Poni has shown absolutely nothing yet.
Gonchar has a SHOT - Letang is a limp wrister - Leopold is the best we got without Malkin or Gonch out there.
Sid still seems to pass too much. He's got to take it to the net, the Pens have become predictable.
Or maybe he's just saving it.
Old 04-01-2010, 07:40 PM   #11038
X-Terminator
Mr. Wrong
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer View Post
Poni has shown absolutely nothing yet.
Gonchar has a SHOT - Letang is a limp wrister - Leopold is the best we got without Malkin or Gonch out there.
Sid still seems to pass too much. He's got to take it to the net, the Pens have become predictable.
I wouldn't call Ponikarovsky a "*****" - he is being misused. Sid is reverting back to the playmaker that he really is, and is looking to pass first rather than shoot. He needs to get back to shooting the puck as much as he was earlier in the season when he was in the top 5 in shots to keep teams honest. That, plus a healthy Gonchar and Malkin, will go a long way toward fixing the PP. Firing Mike Yeo wouldn't hurt either.
Old 04-01-2010, 08:17 PM   #11039
Fire Haley
Banned

Just shoot the damn puck.

that is all

I sometimes get the feeling they are too defensive - Therrien's ghost most likely

Turnovers don't give much confidence - Sid's' dainty little passes and Gogo scare me around the blue line
Old 04-02-2010, 08:09 AM   #11040
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

Wednesday night's game against the Bolts was disheartening and XT and I couldn't wait to get out of that arena. For the most part, the entire team looked like they were sleepwalking on skates. Fleury didn't play badly - I don't think there is a goalie out there who would have stopped either of those scores. The PP just flat out stunk and Serg and Geno can't get back soon enough for me.

As for the 14 million dollar man - I think it best to reserve my comments.

I'm looking ahead, not behind, as I look forward to tomorrow night's game against the Thrashers. The Sabes lost last night to the Leafs and the Debs play tonight against the Hawks. Tomorrow night's game is an absolutely MUST win.

LETS GO PENS!

The Anti-Wahoo
Closed Thread