Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Pittsburgh Sports > Pittsburgh Penguins

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS
Closed Thread

Old 03-14-2007, 12:09 PM   #1401
LarryNJ
Starter

Member Number: 2857
Default Re: Pens Tidbits

That's good to hear that the Buffalo fans aren't a bunch of jag-offs. If the Pens don't make the finals I'll be pulling for them.

I'm looking forward to tonights game. It's not often I get to see the Pens 2 games in a row. I think they will play hard the whole game. Crosby has broken out of his slump. (if that's what you want to call it) The thing that scares me is Thibault vs Brodeur. Let's hope we can keep their shots down.
Old 03-14-2007, 12:29 PM   #1402
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Member Number: 1009

IMO, shooting the puck should be particularly stressed tonight. Every chance they get they should put bodies in front of Marty, bring it back to the point and shoot. At times this team tries to setup the "perfect goal". Against the Devils (Brodeur) your better off putting traffic in front of the net and letting it rip from the point.

Three examples from last night:

1) Ryan Malone goal: Deflected it off a Gonchar shot.

2) Sidney Crosby goal: Deflected it off a Recchi shot.

3) Sergei Gonchar goal: Deflected it off a Buffalo defenseman (Lydman).

Just my opinion when it comes to offense tonight.

Last edited by 83-Steelers-43; 03-14-2007 at 01:03 PM.
Old 03-14-2007, 12:43 PM   #1403
Jeremy
Banned

Member Number: 2579

Quote:
Originally Posted by 83-Steelers-43 View Post
There were. They were cool fans (unlike the Toronto jagoffs). The Buffalo fans I spoke with congratulated us on our new arena. Buffalo fans and Pittsburgh fans can relate to a degree. Both support small market teams and if I recall correctly there were strong rumors out of Buffalo before the lockout that they may have been relocated.

As for the game. We looked alot better than we have been looking over these past 8-10 games. We put 59 minutes together and came away with two points. I was very happy to see this team come out of the gates and play physical. We went down a goal and struck back immediately. We did not lay down for the first two periods while giving up two or three more goals. Fleury played solid. No cheap goals and he controlled his rebounds.

Now on to NJ. We need to come out and play the way we did last night. Physical from the start, get the puck down low, cycle it and take advantage of the very few PP chances NJ will give us. We can ill afford to go down by two or three goals against this team. They play boring but effective drain the clock type of hockey when they have a lead. While I would love to grab two points tonight, I'll be content with taking one point on the road against NJ.
Not only the relocation rumors, but Buffalo has had a lot of down seasons in the past few years. I still won't cheer for a Buffalo team anytime soon, but at least they were cool.

I think Pittsburgh/Toronto has a chance to become a very marketbale rivalry for the NHL. You can bet Don Cherry would push for that to get some more TV time.
Old 03-14-2007, 12:45 PM   #1404
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post
You can bet Don Cherry would push for that to get some more TV time.
Mark Madden...whoops!...I mean Don Cherry would kill his own mother in order to be heard.
Old 03-14-2007, 04:39 PM   #1405
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Confirmed: Laraque will not play tonight and Thibualt will get the start: http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pitt.../s_497691.html
Old 03-14-2007, 04:43 PM   #1406
Jeremy
Banned

Quote:
Mark Madden...whoops!...I mean Don Cherry would kill his own mother in order to be heard.
True. But it makes them that much more fun to listen to. Their bluster and ego make them such tools that it's actually fun to hear them talk.
Old 03-14-2007, 04:51 PM   #1407
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Quote:
True. But it makes them that much more fun to listen to. Their bluster and ego make them such tools that it's actually fun to hear them talk.
Well I guess it comes down to personal preference. I'll take contructive sports talk over his worn out shock value/shtick. Just my opinion/preference. To each their own.
Old 03-14-2007, 05:29 PM   #1408
Jeremy
Banned

Quote:
Well I guess it comes down to personal preference. I'll take contructive sports talk over his worn out shock value/shtick. Just my opinion/preference. To each their own.
No such thing. Evereyone from ESPN to Mark Madden are nothing but a drain on our collective IQs in this country. Our obsession with sports is very unheathly.
Old 03-14-2007, 07:42 PM   #1409
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Quote:
No such thing. Evereyone from ESPN to Mark Madden are nothing but a drain on our collective IQs in this country. Our obsession with sports is very unheathly.
Once again, I'll take constructive sports talke over some fat slob hanging up on callers if they do not agree with his opinion while making idiotic comments. I'm not stating I agree with the folks I listen to, but it's better than listening to Madden scream, degrade and then hang up on every other caller. Then again, the morons who actually call in are no better. They are lacking just as much class and self respect as Madden. Go figure.

Like I said, it's a preference.
Old 03-14-2007, 07:43 PM   #1410
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Wow, after the first both Talbot and Bob stated that this team should put traffic in front of the net and shoot away against Marty. We are not doing that right now.