Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Pittsburgh Sports > Pittsburgh Penguins

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS
Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2006, 07:59 AM   #181
cbalke
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 2602
Default Re: Pens Tidbits

what are you talking about? we had barnaby for a couple years. just kidding. lol
Old 10-16-2006, 08:07 AM   #182
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Member Number: 1009

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Terminator View Post
Ruutu is going to take penalties, some of them of the undisciplined variety - it's the product of the type of game he plays. Those who were so excited about him coming here should have expected and understood that. We can only hope that when he does get involved in physical play, that he keeps his head and draws a penalty, something he's very adept at doing, or at the very least take a player with him to the box. But I like having a guy like him in the lineup - it's something we haven't had since Darius Kasparaitis left.
And once again, he has a tendency of letting them get out of control. As long as he keeps it under control, I have no problem. As for Kaspar, I liked his intensity but he tended to take bonehead penalties. That's why NYR benched him a few games when he first arrived and now he still plays a physical game, but doesn't take himself completely out of the play by going for a hit on a guy who is at center ice completely away from play. I know what I was expecting from Ruutu, as long as he doesn't take stupid penalties and put us on the PK on a regular basis I'm happy. As already stated on two occasions, that goes for the rest of the team, unless we want Fleury facing 40 shots a night?
Old 10-16-2006, 08:09 AM   #183
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbalke View Post
what are you talking about? we had barnaby for a couple years. just kidding. lol
Bring back McKenna!!!

Talk about a waste of a 6'7" hockey player. I've never seen an individual so big, do so little.
Old 10-16-2006, 11:43 AM   #184
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Penguins' Malkin will play Wednesday
Monday, October 16, 2006

Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Penguins center Evgeni Malkin will make his NHL regular season debut Wednesday night against the New Jersey Devils at Mellon Arena, the team said today.

Malkin, 20, has been out of the lineup since his left shoulder was dislocated in a collision with teammate John LeClair in an exhibition game Sept. 20.

Malkin, the second overall pick in the 2004 NHL draft, joined the team late in the summer after a dispute over whether he had signed a new contract to play for his Russian team. Malkin said he was pressured into signing the contract.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/06289/730452-100.stm
Old 10-16-2006, 01:59 PM   #185
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

Quote:
Originally Posted by 83-Steelers-43 View Post
Penguins' Malkin will play Wednesday
Monday, October 16, 2006

Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Penguins center Evgeni Malkin will make his NHL regular season debut Wednesday night against the New Jersey Devils at Mellon Arena, the team said today.

Malkin, 20, has been out of the lineup since his left shoulder was dislocated in a collision with teammate John LeClair in an exhibition game Sept. 20.

Malkin, the second overall pick in the 2004 NHL draft, joined the team late in the summer after a dispute over whether he had signed a new contract to play for his Russian team. Malkin said he was pressured into signing the contract.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/06289/730452-100.stm

I just got this notice a little while ago in my Inbox from the Pens - this is fantastic news! XT and I will be at the game, 83 - are you going?

Just had to tell you this - at the opener against the Flyers, I had taken everything out of my purse and put it all on my lap while searching for my cell phone during the game. I thought I put everything back in my purse and obviously I didn't, as I realized when I got home that I lost my glass case and glasses. They must have still been on my lap when I jumped up during one of the Pens' scores that night. I called the Pens' lost and found office the next day and left a detailed message. A very nice lady called me the following day and told me that my glasses were turned into her that morning and for me to come down to Gate #2 where the players come in and they would be at the guard's station.

I went down the next day around 11 AM and parked where the players park, as the woman had instructed me to do. As I was opening the door, who comes walking out the door - Evegni Malkin - LOL! I recognized him immediately. He was talking on his cell phone. I went in, got my glasses, thanked the guard and went back out the door. Evegni was standing against one of the concrete barriers with his cell phone held open and as I passed him, I looked directly at him and he turned his head and looked back at me. I didn't know what to say, as he doesn't understand much English, so I smiled at him and gave him a little wave. To my pleasant surprise, he smiled back and returned the wave. What a nice young man!

Malkin is listed at 6'3 - no way. He is at least 6'5" tall and is as skinny as a rail. I know at the Pens' rookie skate, he was standing next to Jordan Staal and he was taller than Jordan. He had nylon shorts on and his legs were about as big as straws and quite long. I hope the Pens are working to get some meat on those bones - LOL! Just had to share this story - it made my day! My daughter, who was with me and waited in my car, got on my shit because I always raz her about wearing white socks with sandals and that is exactly what Malkin had on his feet - LMAO!

The Anti-Wahoo
Old 10-16-2006, 07:25 PM   #186
X-Terminator
Mr. Wrong
Supporter

Member Number: 2550

I read the email on this as well - talk about having a game land in your lap! Wednesday can't get here soon enough for me!
Old 10-17-2006, 08:22 AM   #187
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Announced yesterday that Malone, Malkin and Recchi will be the second line.......
Old 10-17-2006, 08:57 AM   #188
X-Terminator
Mr. Wrong
Supporter

Member Number: 2550

They played together during camp and looked good...according to the team. But I'd much rather see Staal on that line - time to give the kid a shot with the big boys. I think he's earned it.
Old 10-17-2006, 08:38 PM   #189
cbalke
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 2602

Quote:
Originally Posted by 83-Steelers-43 View Post
Bring back McKenna!!!

Talk about a waste of a 6'7" hockey player. I've never seen an individual so big, do so little.
One of my favorites was big #33, Jim McKenzie. I don't know why exactly, but I LOVED watching that dude play.

uh-oh...feeling the urge to pull out all the old hockey fight tapes. must...resist...urge...to...transfer...all...vhs.. .fight...tapes...to...dvd....
Old 10-17-2006, 09:17 PM   #190
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Terminator View Post
They played together during camp and looked good...according to the team. But I'd much rather see Staal on that line - time to give the kid a shot with the big boys. I think he's earned it.
I think Staal has played remarkably well, but I agree with the Pens' decision in not putting him on that second line just yet. I like the Recchi-Malkin-Malone combo - let's see what transpires there. No sense in putting 2 rooks on the same line right off the bat if the Pens have other options which they do. Time will tell, but I think Staal will work his way up to that line by mid-season if he keeps playing as well as he has.

The Anti-Wahoo
Closed Thread