Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Pittsburgh Sports > Pittsburgh Penguins

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Browns Bills
September 7, 2014, 1:00pmET

CBS
Closed Thread

Old 03-24-2008, 08:56 PM   #4901
X-Terminator
Mr. Wrong
Supporter

Member Number: 2550
Default Re: Pens Tidbits

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityMan786 View Post
This game was just a pathetic night. Let's forget it and get ready for them Devils.
And if they play like they did tonight, they'll lose that one too. Let's face it, the Pens just cannot beat division teams on the road, and if they can't find a way to do it, they will not win the division. There is NO EXCUSE for losing to the Islanders. NONE.
Old 03-24-2008, 08:59 PM   #4902
SteelCityMan786
SF's Youngest Legend

Member Number: 541

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Terminator View Post
And if they play like they did tonight, they'll lose that one too. Let's face it, the Pens just cannot beat division teams on the road, and if they can't find a way to do it, they will not win the division. There is NO EXCUSE for losing to the Islanders. NONE.
I could not agree more. No reason they lose games like this. I hope Coach T gives them a piece of his mind before they leave for Newark. Right now for me the Penguins MUST win at least 4 or 5 of the final games.

786 Ways To Score Touchdowns
Old 03-24-2008, 09:21 PM   #4903
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Terminator View Post
Well even though you deleted that part, it turns out that I was absolutely correct...again. Beat the hell out of NJ and then they can't beat the friggin Islanders. This is the thing that pisses me off about this team. How can you NOT beat a pathetic Islanders team even with Crosby and Dupuis out??? Do they want to win the damn division or don't they??? And to make matters worse, Montreal is leading Ottawa 3-0 after 2, so they're going to be 3 points ahead of us for the top seed in the conference. Ridiculous.

EDIT - make it 6-1 Montreal over Ottawa. Talk about a team that's red hot. Looks like THEY can keep winning...
Bravo. Here's your cookie. You can take the word "again" out of your post, as you've had to chew on that crowburger more often than not.

Though I am disappointed in tonight's loss, being the realist I am, I didn't believe they were going to be perfect going down the stretch. I hoped they would win tonight and I believed they could, but they didn't, so I move on to tomorrow night's game in NJ and get behind them for the W instead of crying over tonight's L. No they didn't play well as a team, and I give all the credit in the world to the Isles and particularly Dubielewicz who was outstanding in the net.

EDIT: Final score Habs 7, Sens 5. THEY almost blew the game.

The Anti-Wahoo
Old 03-24-2008, 11:18 PM   #4904
X-Terminator
Mr. Wrong
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by HometownGal View Post
Bravo. Here's your cookie. You can take the word "again" out of your post, as you've had to chew on that crowburger more often than not.

Though I am disappointed in tonight's loss, being the realist I am, I didn't believe they were going to be perfect going down the stretch. I hoped they would win tonight and I believed they could, but they didn't, so I move on to tomorrow night's game in NJ and get behind them for the W instead of crying over tonight's L. No they didn't play well as a team, and I give all the credit in the world to the Isles and particularly Dubielewicz who was outstanding in the net.

EDIT: Final score Habs 7, Sens 5. THEY almost blew the game.
Sorry, but as I said above, there is absolutely no excuse for losing to the Isles. Period. If they're supposed to be a playoff team and want to win the division, you DO NOT lose to a team like that, especially within your own division. It doesn't matter how well Dublielewicz played, good teams find ways to win, plain and simple.

They had better bring their A game tonight, because if they don't beat NJ, they can forget about the division. I'm sick to death of seeing them lose game after game after game on the road to division opponents. They may have to play a division opponent in the first round playoffs - how the hell can I expect them to win the series if they can't beat them on the road?

One more thing - for the love of all that's holy, Michel Therrien, NO MORE DAYS OFF. Get the boys in practice, work them and keep them focused. There's no reason why the team should have ANY lackluster performances at this point in the season.

Last edited by X-Terminator; 03-24-2008 at 11:29 PM.
Old 03-25-2008, 12:24 AM   #4905
X-Terminator
Mr. Wrong
Supporter

And speaking of Therrien, he obviously wasn't pleased with the team's performance either and had this to say, which pretty much sums up how I feel about last night's game:

Quote:
"It was an emotional game last game. Maybe that was one of the reasons why we were flat. It's unacceptable. Excuses are for losers."
For the rest of the story, click here: http://www.nhl.com/nhl/app?service=p...008&gameType=2
Old 03-25-2008, 07:41 AM   #4906
Lord Stiller
Banned

Member Number: 7087

Everytime we dress 7 defensemen we lose

stop it!

Scuderi played well last night in his first game back.

Last edited by Lord Stiller; 03-25-2008 at 08:12 AM.
Old 03-25-2008, 04:27 PM   #4907
SteelCityMan786
SF's Youngest Legend

Member Number: 541

1 Less Defensemen tonight, ok Coach T?

786 Ways To Score Touchdowns
Old 03-25-2008, 04:54 PM   #4908
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityMan786 View Post
1 Less Defensemen tonight, ok Coach T?
I'm OK with one less D'man tonight, Matt. Hopefully Coach T gave them all a huge kick in the arse at practice today.

The Anti-Wahoo
Old 03-25-2008, 05:52 PM   #4909
X-Terminator
Mr. Wrong
Supporter

No Sid or Dupuis again tonight. Biggest game of the year and we're going into it without our best player again. Just friggin great. I know, I know, we want Sid to be healthy come playoff time, but this is getting really frustrating seeing him up in the owner's box.

Connor James has been recalled from WBS, but Therrien has said he may go with 7 D again. Well Mike, that didn't work out too well for you last night, did it?

Crosby may return to Penguins' lineup Thursday
By Rob Rossi
TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Tuesday, March 25, 2008

NEWARK, N.J. -- Following a lengthy and trying morning practice session, captain Sidney Crosby said he may return to the Penguins' lineup Thursday for a game against the New York Islanders at Mellon Arena.

"That's definitely a possibility," Crosby said. "As long as everything goes well, I'd definitely like to play that game."

Crosby will miss his seventh consecutive game against the New Jersey Devils at Prudential Center tonight. He has missed 28 of the past 31 games due to a high right ankle sprain.

The Penguins 43-26-7 with 93 points, can move four points ahead of the Devils in the Atlantic Division with a regulation win tonight. New Jersey would move into an advantageous tiebreaker position with a regulation victory.

The Penguins will again play without forward Pascal Dupuis, who remains in Atlanta with family after the birth of his son Monday. Forward Connor James was recalled from Wilkes-Barre/Scranton of the AHL and could play tonight, though coach Michel Therrien left open the possibility that he will again dress seven defensemen and only 11 forwards.

Goaltender Marc-Andre Fleury will start tonight.

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pitt.../s_558955.html
Old 03-25-2008, 06:52 PM   #4910
Lord Stiller
Banned

Member Number: 7087

Minard is out with a groin pull

Ryan Whitney is playing LW on the 4th line

Good first period, gotta keep it up!
Closed Thread