Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Pittsburgh Sports > Pittsburgh Penguins

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Closed Thread

Old 04-02-2008, 11:41 PM   #5021
X-Terminator
Mr. Wrong
Supporter

Member Number: 2550
Default Re: Pens Tidbits

Well, we did it. And honestly, I did not have any doubt that we would win and clinch tonight, even when we were down 2-1, because we've been so good at home this season. Now, all we need is a little help from our Winter Classic opponent tomorrow night, and we clinch the top seed in the East.

Congratulations, Pens! You've made this Penguins fan proud!
Old 04-03-2008, 02:22 AM   #5022
Edman
Living Legend

Member Number: 3261
My Mood: Brooding

Congratulations to the Penguins! First Division Title in a decade. This has been a wonderful season thus far. Simply unbelieveable.

Oh, and Philadelphia sucks.
Old 04-03-2008, 04:30 AM   #5023
X-Terminator
Mr. Wrong
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by HometownGal View Post
Great game! Gonchar got his mean on tonight - plastered that jagoff Hartnell into next week - LOL! Very un-Sergei like but me likey!

Damned Devils scored late in the 3rd to tie the Bruins 2-2. 4:20 into OT now.
I actually had to look twice to see if that was Gonchar, because I couldn't believe I saw him lay someone out like that! Great hit on a big-time jackass in Hartnell. I was so hoping Laraque or somebody would throw him a beating for all of the crap he pulled tonight, but I guess I'll settle for Gonchar's butt-end in the nose when he tried to get him back for that hit - LOL! He looked great tonight overall and did the things I expect of him on the PP. The goal he scored, he just pushed it toward the net and it went in, and his passes were as crisp as can be. The one to Crosby on his second goal was awesome - there aren't too many players in the league who are better at the shot-pass than him. That's the kind of game I'm used to seeing from him, and the game he's brought just about every night all season long.
Old 04-03-2008, 04:32 AM   #5024
X-Terminator
Mr. Wrong
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edman View Post
Congratulations to the Penguins! First Division Title in a decade. This has been a wonderful season thus far. Simply unbelieveable.

Oh, and Philadelphia sucks.
I will laugh SO hard if they don't end up making the playoffs. I will laugh even harder if it's the Penguins who knock them out of the playoffs on Sunday!
Old 04-03-2008, 07:49 AM   #5025
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Terminator View Post
I actually had to look twice to see if that was Gonchar, because I couldn't believe I saw him lay someone out like that! Great hit on a big-time jackass in Hartnell. I was so hoping Laraque or somebody would throw him a beating for all of the crap he pulled tonight, but I guess I'll settle for Gonchar's butt-end in the nose when he tried to get him back for that hit - LOL! He looked great tonight overall and did the things I expect of him on the PP. The goal he scored, he just pushed it toward the net and it went in, and his passes were as crisp as can be. The one to Crosby on his second goal was awesome - there aren't too many players in the league who are better at the shot-pass than him. That's the kind of game I'm used to seeing from him, and the game he's brought just about every night all season long.
Hey - if you can find Sarge's hit and Hartnell's proper introduction to Sarge's stick anywhere on video, can you please post them? Sergei wasn't brought here for his physical play, but it was awesome to see him step up like that and smear that SOB Hartnell for all of the cheap shots he laid on Sid.

Yes, Sarge looked awesome and clearly demonstrated why he is considered one of the top d-men in the league.

The Anti-Wahoo
Old 04-03-2008, 08:47 AM   #5026
X-Terminator
Mr. Wrong
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by HometownGal View Post
Hey - if you can find Sarge's hit and Hartnell's proper introduction to Sarge's stick anywhere on video, can you please post them? Sergei wasn't brought here for his physical play, but it was awesome to see him step up like that and smear that SOB Hartnell for all of the cheap shots he laid on Sid.

Yes, Sarge looked awesome and clearly demonstrated why he is considered one of the top d-men in the league.
You can view the hit at NHL.com's highlights for the game, along with the fight between Laraque and Cote. As soon as I find anything on the butt-end, I'll be sure to post it. I'm sure someone will at least have the hit on YouTube at some point.
Old 04-03-2008, 11:33 AM   #5027
Counselor
Starter

Member Number: 5075

What a game! Crosby's second goal was just sick! The flyers had the Penguins wound up---but they all channeled their anger in the right direction-scoring on the power play.
Part of me would like to see a Pens/Flyers series the first round----but I'm afraid someone will get hurt----especially if we're up 3 games to 0.

Congrats on the Patrick Div . . I mean Northeast . .. I mean Atlantic Division Crown. Go Pens!
Old 04-03-2008, 03:06 PM   #5028
Edman
Living Legend

Member Number: 3261
My Mood: Brooding

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Terminator View Post
I will laugh SO hard if they don't end up making the playoffs. I will laugh even harder if it's the Penguins who knock them out of the playoffs on Sunday!
The bitter Philthy fans deserve nothing less. Make it happen, Pens!
Old 04-03-2008, 03:12 PM   #5029
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

If you think last night's game was physical, you ain't seen nothing yet. I expect the Flyers to come out with a huge chip on their shoulders on Sunday and dare the Pens to knock it off. We will probably see more of the same dirty pool by Hartnell and their other cheap shot artists to try to throw the Pens off of their game. This is their final curtain call and I'd love nothing more than to see the Pens kick their asses all over that ice.

I really don't want to have to play the Flyers in the first round - I'd much rather play the Bruins, but let the chips fall where they may. I have complete confidence in this team!

LETS GO PENS!

The Anti-Wahoo
Old 04-04-2008, 06:55 AM   #5030
X-Terminator
Mr. Wrong
Supporter

And of course, we got absolutely no help from the Sabres last night, and Montreal is now tied with the Pens for the conference lead. I'm not expecting the Leafs to help us out on Saturday either, because they absolutely friggin suck. So the Pens are going to have to beat the Flyers on Sunday in order to get the top seed.

Speaking of the Flyers, if the season ended today, they would be out of the playoffs. Ottawa, Washington and the Rags all won last night, dropping the Flyers to 9th. So if they lose tonight, Carolina and Boston win and the Sens and Caps win on Saturday, the Flyers will NOT make the playoffs. Here's hoping, cuz I need a good laugh at their expense!