Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Pittsburgh Sports > Pittsburgh Penguins

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC
Closed Thread

Old 04-07-2008, 01:53 PM   #5081
Counselor
Starter

Member Number: 5075
Default Re: Pens Tidbits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Stiller View Post
anyone know how the playoff seeding works? i.e. do they re-seed after the first round? If they did then Montreal would play the lowest seed left after round 1 right?
Yes, and we would play the second lowest.
Old 04-07-2008, 07:17 PM   #5082
SteelCityMan786
SF's Youngest Legend

Member Number: 541

[YOUTUBE]Rb38nxdzB1A[/YOUTUBE]

Let's Raise Hell On these Senators(Thought I'd bring up a video from last years playoff.)

786 Ways To Score Touchdowns
Old 04-07-2008, 07:54 PM   #5083
X-Terminator
Mr. Wrong
Supporter

Member Number: 2550

And right on schedule, here comes Bryan Murray to stir the pot:

Ottawa coach questions Penguins' effort against Flyers

By Rob Rossi
TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Monday, April 7, 2008

Ottawa coach Bryan Murray suggested today the Penguins gave less than their best effort in a 2-0 loss to the Philadelphia Flyers on Sunday.

"I knew what was going on... they wanted to play Ottawa," Murray said. "It was fairly obvious from the first drop of the puck."

The Penguins entered their regular-season finale needing only a win in Philadelphia to secure the Eastern Conference's top playoff seed and an opening-round date against the Flyers.

However, captain Sidney Crosby did not play despite coach Michel Therrien's claim that his previously injured right ankle was healthy, and the Penguins went 0-for-8 on the power play in defeat.

Murray thinks the Penguins, aware they would draw Ottawa with a loss to the Flyers, willingly opted to face a Senators squad that has won only 19 of 42 previous games.

In fact, he suggested the Penguins were ducking the Flyers.

"The physical nature of the game against the Flyers last Wednesday was certainly the first thing I thought of," Murray said. "In a seven-game series, if you don't like way that the Flyers played, you're probably better to go elsewhere.

"They think we're a better team to play against at this moment, which is fine. It's a challenge."

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pitt...rce=rss&feed=8

I have to be honest, guys, and you can go ahead and bash me, but after reading this and other negative stories/comments elsewhere, I'm not as confident about this series as I was yesterday. The Sens even with a depleted lineup are certainly capable of beating the Pens if they are not on top of their game. I still think we'll win, but don't be surprised at an upset.
Old 04-07-2008, 08:27 PM   #5084
Lord Stiller
Banned

Member Number: 7087

Bryan Murray is the biggest crybaby in the league (along with Cryer fans). He is always whining about something. He is trying to say something to get his team going.

We can't let the Senators gain any confidence or hope. Their confidence is really low right now. We have to come out of the gates playing aggressive hockey on Wed. No mercy!
Old 04-07-2008, 10:38 PM   #5085
BettisFan
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 5206

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/playof...ott&id=3333311

preview of the pens vs. sens matchup

Vist My blog at www.moesportsblog.com
Old 04-08-2008, 08:46 AM   #5086
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Terminator View Post
In fact, he suggested the Penguins were ducking the Flyers.

"The physical nature of the game against the Flyers last Wednesday was certainly the first thing I thought of," Murray said. "In a seven-game series, if you don't like way that the Flyers played, you're probably better to go elsewhere.
First - to Bryan Murray - If you even watched last Wednesday's game, you big boob - you would have clearly seen that the Pens played just as physical a game as the Flyers did, if not more. The Pens didn't want to risk anyone getting injured in the last game of the season and headed into the playoffs so they slacked off a bit - sounds like a smart strategy to me.

Quote:
I have to be honest, guys, and you can go ahead and bash me, but after reading this and other negative stories/comments elsewhere, I'm not as confident about this series as I was yesterday. The Sens even with a depleted lineup are certainly capable of beating the Pens if they are not on top of their game. I still think we'll win, but don't be surprised at an upset
Don't believe what you read on blogs and in the media, XT. Have a little faith in a team that was left for dead when Sid went down and came back to win the Atlantic Division and the second seed in the conference. That speaks volumes about the character of these Pens and their insatiable hunger and desire to win.

I don't take any team lightly and I don't believe the Pens will either. They need to come out of the gate on fire tomorrow night and play with that same intensity throughout this series. They know what's at stake here and what needs to be done to be successful in this series. I believe Therrien and Yeo will have them totally prepared. I'm going to believe in them, cheer them on and hope they take this series and move on to the next, but if for whatever reason they don't, this is a fairly young and extremely talented hockey team that is going to be playoff bound for a lot of years and we as fans are damned fortunate.

The Anti-Wahoo
Old 04-08-2008, 09:02 AM   #5087
Counselor
Starter

Member Number: 5075

This is Murray's way of trying to motivate his team. The fact is, neither team on Sunday was particularly inspired.

The Pens won't be taking the Sen's lightly, and there is the revenge factor as well (for last year). I think our boys will be just fine.

As for the flyers----they didn't want to play us either. They got their wish in playing the caps, lets see if its a "becareful what you wish for" situation. That should be an interesting series as well-----in fact I think all of the Eastern Conference match-ups should be fun.
Old 04-08-2008, 09:55 AM   #5088
lilyoder6
locked behind Xanax bars

Member Number: 2568

just resting up ppl for the series... smart move and he's mad b/c they have to play the pens

Beer is proof God loves us and wants us to be happy ~ Ben Franklin
Freedom: some use it, Everyone enjoys it, A few defend it.
Old 04-08-2008, 01:42 PM   #5089
rbryan
Team President

Member Number: 5196

The days of the Pens being a finesse team thats afraid to mix it up are in the past.

Lets see how physical they think the Pens are this time next week. Murray knows they're about to get thier ass kicked and is grasping at straws to motivate his team. If he was smart he would have kept his thoughts in house because this only serves to motivate the Pens.
Old 04-08-2008, 07:36 PM   #5090
X-Terminator
Mr. Wrong
Supporter

Member Number: 2550

Quote:
Originally Posted by HometownGal View Post
Don't believe what you read on blogs and in the media, XT. Have a little faith in a team that was left for dead when Sid went down and came back to win the Atlantic Division and the second seed in the conference. That speaks volumes about the character of these Pens and their insatiable hunger and desire to win.

I don't take any team lightly and I don't believe the Pens will either. They need to come out of the gate on fire tomorrow night and play with that same intensity throughout this series. They know what's at stake here and what needs to be done to be successful in this series. I believe Therrien and Yeo will have them totally prepared. I'm going to believe in them, cheer them on and hope they take this series and move on to the next, but if for whatever reason they don't, this is a fairly young and extremely talented hockey team that is going to be playoff bound for a lot of years and we as fans are damned fortunate.
Yeah, you're right, and as of right now, I'm cutting myself off from reading those stories/blogs/message boards until either the Pens are eliminated or the playoffs are over. I had a good feeling going into this series, and I don't want anything putting doubt in my head.

Thanks for the positive vibes - I've gotten that confidence back that we're going to win this series, and now I'm ready for them to drop the puck.

LET'S GO PENS!!!!