Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Pittsburgh Sports > Pittsburgh Penguins

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Closed Thread

Old 07-22-2006, 12:46 PM   #51
X-Terminator
Mr. Wrong
Supporter

Member Number: 2550
Default Re: Penguins Reject Cuban/Marino Group

But you know the fans are going to want to hang Lemieux anyway, whether or not it's all his fault. He was the face of the team, and because of that, he's going to take all of the heat. That's just the way it is.
Old 07-22-2006, 12:47 PM   #52
Jeremy
Banned

Member Number: 2579

It's not his fault and that's not what I'm saying. It's his right to make as much money off of the pens as he can. He is Canadian after all and shouldn't have been trusted in the first place. He can do whatever he wants with the Pens.

But I like what someone said earlier. If the Pens are moved to Kansas City, I'll be done with the NHL. I'll watch college hockey, my Nittany Lions, and my Steelers and that will be that.
Old 07-22-2006, 12:52 PM   #53
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Member Number: 1009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy
It's not his fault and that's not what I'm saying. It's his right to make as much money off of the pens as he can. He is Canadian after all and shouldn't have been trusted in the first place. He can do whatever he wants with the Pens.

But I like what someone said earlier. If the Pens are moved to Kansas City, I'll be done with the NHL. I'll watch college hockey, my Nittany Lions, and my Steelers and that will be that.
Your correct, it is his right. He's a businessman. He's not supposed to lose money, he supposed to make money. That's normally how the business world works. After saving this teams ass on a few occasions, I would sell to the highest bidder and say "Later and thanks for screwing me over in the past!".

Afterall he's Canadian? What does Lemieux being Canadian have to do with anything? Was he an American and to be trusted when he saved the team the first time?

Why do you like what that other person said when you stated you are going to root for the Flyers if the Penguins leave?
Old 07-22-2006, 12:56 PM   #54
Jeremy
Banned

Member Number: 2579

Because his idea was better than mine.

The Candian thing is kind of an inside joke between me and a few friends. It just kind of slipped out there. Sorry about that.
Old 07-22-2006, 01:04 PM   #55
X-Terminator
Mr. Wrong
Supporter

Member Number: 2550

Well, despite what's going on, I'm still going to enjoy this upcoming season and support the team on the ice, and just pray that I will be able to renew my season tickets next year and beyond. That's all I can do at this point.
Old 07-22-2006, 01:07 PM   #56
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy
Because his idea was better than mine.

The Candian thing is kind of an inside joke between me and a few friends. It just kind of slipped out there. Sorry about that.
Ummmm...ok?

Anyways................

First it was Murstein when he first showed up on the radar who talked how he wouldn't be the highest bidder and wanted a hometown discount.

I'm not saying Murstein is lying but on this board people are running Mario out of town by taking this guy's word for it. Why does he get the benefit of the doubt and Mario not?

Again this Murstein has failed (admitted he failed once, been reported he failed numerous times) to own franchises. However when he talked about going after the Raptors he spun it in true political fashion. It wasn't that he came up short in the bidding it was he bailed out because of a tv deal in Canada.

We don't know much about Murstein but the little history we know about him is when he fails to own a team he finds an excuse as to why he didn't get the team. It's never he didn't have the funding, it's well I didn't want to own that team (like he admitted doing with the Blues recently.)

So here he is again out of the running and he's trying to make it look like it's Mario's fault when it very well could be his group that simply doesn't have the funding to get it done.
Old 07-22-2006, 01:08 PM   #57
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Terminator
Well, despite what's going on, I'm still going to enjoy this upcoming season and support the team on the ice, and just pray that I will be able to renew my season tickets next year and beyond. That's all I can do at this point.
Amen brother. Good conversation though.
Old 07-22-2006, 02:06 PM   #58
Prosdo
Banned

Member Number: 86

Blah not the news I was hoping to hear. I'm praying that our Pens will stay in Pittsburgh!
Old 07-23-2006, 08:06 AM   #59
SteelCityMan786
SF's Youngest Legend

Member Number: 541

WHAT THE HELL?!?!?!?!? The Penguins are making a huge mistake, I don't think they understand, they sell it to Cuban/Marino's Group, THE PENGUINS ARE HERE TO STAY. Well I hate hear this that it happens on my vacation day. See you guys in a week.

786 Ways To Score Touchdowns
Old 07-23-2006, 02:01 PM   #60
cbalke
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 2602

if it does happen that they move, this house will quickly be on the market. anyone got a couple million bucks laying around?

http://www2.county.allegheny.pa.us/R...00%20%20%20%20
Closed Thread