Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Pittsburgh Sports > Pittsburgh Penguins


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-26-2008, 10:07 PM   #6021
SteelCityMan786
SF's Youngest Legend
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Hollidaysburg PA
Posts: 19,587
Gender: Male
Member Number: 541
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: Pens Tidbits

Right now I have to deliver for the 2nd straight my kick in the arse to every last one of these guys. No excuse for not scoring at least 1 goal between each of these games.

Oh well, we might be down, but we're not out.

Maybe a little home cooking is what they need.
__________________

786 Ways To Score Touchdowns
SteelCityMan786 is offline  
Old 05-26-2008, 10:11 PM   #6022
Edman
Living Legend
 

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 5,558
Gender: Male
Member Number: 3261
Thanks: 88
Thanked 323 Times in 169 Posts
My Mood: Brooding
Default Re: Pens Tidbits

Another game. Another Goose Egg. Another embarrassment. What a joke.

At this point I just want the Wings to put us out of our misery. What a pathetic, embarrassing display by the Penguins in the Stanley Cup Finals. I don't know if returning to Mellon will help at this point. This team just seems lifeless, defeated and deflated of all emotion once the first period of Game 1 ended. No, this is no jitters, they just have no answers for Detroit. They're out of their league against a far superior team.

Can anyone name another Stanley Cup Finals team that didn't score in it's first two games?

I bet the Wings are planning the parade route right now, and how can you not blame them? They've stopped the Pens at every opportunity and have basically done whatever they wanted. The Pens have not given any reason for them to worry.

Last edited by Edman; 05-26-2008 at 10:21 PM.
Edman is online now  
Old 05-26-2008, 10:27 PM   #6023
Godfather
Living Legend
Supporter
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 3,140
Member Number: 547
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Pens Tidbits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edman View Post
Can anyone name another Stanley Cup Finals team that didn't score in it's first two games?
Anaheim Mighty Ducks, 2003.

They pushed the series to 7 games.
Godfather is offline  
Old 05-26-2008, 10:43 PM   #6024
Edman
Living Legend
 

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 5,558
Gender: Male
Member Number: 3261
Thanks: 88
Thanked 323 Times in 169 Posts
My Mood: Brooding
Default Re: Pens Tidbits

Well, I hope the Penguins can channel that energy from their fellow bird species and get back in this.
Edman is online now  
Old 05-26-2008, 11:09 PM   #6025
X-Terminator
Mr. Wrong
Supporter
 
X-Terminator's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 6,881
Gender: Male
Member Number: 2550
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Pens Tidbits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edman View Post
Another game. Another Goose Egg. Another embarrassment. What a joke.

At this point I just want the Wings to put us out of our misery. What a pathetic, embarrassing display by the Penguins in the Stanley Cup Finals. I don't know if returning to Mellon will help at this point. This team just seems lifeless, defeated and deflated of all emotion once the first period of Game 1 ended. No, this is no jitters, they just have no answers for Detroit. They're out of their league against a far superior team.

Can anyone name another Stanley Cup Finals team that didn't score in it's first two games?

I bet the Wings are planning the parade route right now, and how can you not blame them? They've stopped the Pens at every opportunity and have basically done whatever they wanted. The Pens have not given any reason for them to worry.
Please tell me you're not giving up. If you are, you can turn in the colors right now. You DO NOT give up until the final second ticks off the clock in the elimination game.
__________________
X-Terminator is offline  
Old 05-26-2008, 11:36 PM   #6026
Edman
Living Legend
 

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 5,558
Gender: Male
Member Number: 3261
Thanks: 88
Thanked 323 Times in 169 Posts
My Mood: Brooding
Default Re: Pens Tidbits

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Terminator View Post
Please tell me you're not giving up. If you are, you can turn in the colors right now. You DO NOT give up until the final second ticks off the clock in the elimination game.
No, I'm not giving up. But good lord the Penguins are getting handled.

So I'm being a bit negative, but the Pens have shown very little life in this series. They're in trouble right now.

But no, I'm not giving up. Not after looking at the 2003 Ducks.
Edman is online now  
Old 05-26-2008, 11:53 PM   #6027
X-Terminator
Mr. Wrong
Supporter
 
X-Terminator's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 6,881
Gender: Male
Member Number: 2550
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Pens Tidbits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edman View Post
No, I'm not giving up. But good lord the Penguins are getting handled.

So I'm being a bit negative, but the Pens have shown very little life in this series. They're in trouble right now.

But no, I'm not giving up. Not after looking at the 2003 Ducks.
It's tough to play when the home team is being allowed to revert to pre-lockout, clutch-grab-hold hockey, and their goaltender gets away with a clear-as-day dive. But I digress...

Don't forget the 1991 Penguins either. They lost the first 2 games of the Conference finals to Boston that year on the road, and then won the next 4 games to advance to the SCF.

It ain't over.
__________________
X-Terminator is offline  
Old 05-27-2008, 04:18 AM   #6028
jjpro11
Living Legend
 
jjpro11's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Near Cleveland
Posts: 4,044
Member Number: 3559
Thanks: 0
Thanked 148 Times in 69 Posts
Default Re: Pens Tidbits

we need to get that first goal, hopefully that will settle them down a bit and things will come easier. we have had home ice all throughout the playoffs and gotten off to 2-0 starts each time heading into the other team's arena.

all i know is we gotta win game 3.. a win there and it will put a bounce in their step and some confidence heading into another home game in game 4. going down 3-0 in this series would be the kiss of death. we are banking on home ice to shift the momentum in the series.
jjpro11 is offline  
Old 05-27-2008, 05:19 AM   #6029
TackleMeBen
Southern Belle
Supporter
 
TackleMeBen's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: where all the cute men are(especially the one in my avatar)
Posts: 4,854
Gender: Female
Member Number: 4435
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Pens Tidbits

the pens are looking overhelmed right now. maybe going back to pittsburgh they will figure out how to stop detroit's defense. i know alot of the wings fans are ticked off b/c they are saying the pens were taking cheap shots at franzen's head.
__________________

In memory of my brother Michael, who gave me my love of sports. I will miss you!
TackleMeBen is offline  
Old 05-27-2008, 06:27 AM   #6030
HometownGal
Living Legend
 
HometownGal's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: The Burgh
Posts: 21,479
Gender: Female
Member Number: 2413
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Pens Tidbits

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Terminator View Post
It's tough to play when the home team is being allowed to revert to pre-lockout, clutch-grab-hold hockey, and their goaltender gets away with a clear-as-day dive. But I digress...

Don't forget the 1991 Penguins either. They lost the first 2 games of the Conference finals to Boston that year on the road, and then won the next 4 games to advance to the SCF.

It ain't over.
No, it ain't over. The Wings are coming to our house and I believe the Pens are going to rock that house. They're 8-0 in the playoffs at home.

TMB - the Wings fans can kiss my hiney. The Pens don't resort to cheap shotting - it's not in their makeup and Therrien wouldn't have it. If they are referring to Roberts' check on Franzen where he knocked him on his ass, that was a clean hit and as much as the refs were calling ticky tack penalties on the Pens last night (not the reason why they lost, however), they surely would have nailed Scary Gary if they thought it was even remotely dirty.

As far as the Pens "stopping" the Wings D - they're going to have to dump the puck and try to score from down low as they were trying to do in the 2nd and 3rd periods last night. Keep shooting the puck and eventually, something is going to go in.

LETS GO PENS! Give the Wings a proper welcome to the Burgh on Wednesday night!
__________________


The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:59 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts