Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Pittsburgh Sports > Pittsburgh Penguins

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Browns Bills
September 7, 2014, 1:00pmET

CBS
Closed Thread

Old 05-27-2008, 07:01 PM   #6041
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413
Default Re: Pens Tidbits

Quote:
Originally Posted by TackleMeBen View Post
“We are happy to take the Pittsburgh money,” Davidson said. “Maybe, Mr. Ilitch will use the money to buy a new free agent next year.”
And we'll be more than happy to take Detroit's money. What a stupid ass. Doesn't he think our beautiful city is going to be swarming with Wings fans over the next couple of days?

Yep - go ahead and thump your chests Wings fans - you know who you are. It isn't over by a long shot and if the Pens come out on the short end of this Stanley Cup final, they will have the last laugh for many years to come with a talented, YOUNG, competitive team.

The Anti-Wahoo
Old 05-28-2008, 06:24 AM   #6042
TackleMeBen
Southern Belle
Supporter

Location: where all the cute men are(especially the one in my avatar)
Member Number: 4435

Quote:
Originally Posted by HometownGal View Post
And we'll be more than happy to take Detroit's money. What a stupid ass. Doesn't he think our beautiful city is going to be swarming with Wings fans over the next couple of days?

Yep - go ahead and thump your chests Wings fans - you know who you are. It isn't over by a long shot and if the Pens come out on the short end of this Stanley Cup final, they will have the last laugh for many years to come with a talented, YOUNG, competitive team.
probably not since ticketmaster and mellon arena isnt going to let anyone outside of a certain area buy tickets to the game. anyone from michigan cant get tickets to the game thru ticketmaster. they are only selling tixs to pa, delware, ny/nj and a few other states. i just heard it on the radio. the sports media here are peed about that.. but i noticed when i wanted to get tix last yr to the steelers/panthers game i couldnt get them on my credit card b/c i didnt live in nc or sc. so i had to get my mom to order them for me.

In memory of my brother Michael, who gave me my love of sports. I will miss you!
Old 05-28-2008, 10:21 AM   #6043
HometownGal
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TackleMeBen View Post
probably not since ticketmaster and mellon arena isnt going to let anyone outside of a certain area buy tickets to the game. anyone from michigan cant get tickets to the game thru ticketmaster. they are only selling tixs to pa, delware, ny/nj and a few other states. i just heard it on the radio. the sports media here are peed about that.. but i noticed when i wanted to get tix last yr to the steelers/panthers game i couldnt get them on my credit card b/c i didnt live in nc or sc. so i had to get my mom to order them for me.
There are a ton of other sources out there for Wings fans to purchase their tix and I guarantee you there will be at least 500-600 Wings fans in attendance at Mellon Arena tonight.

I never heard that Ticketmaster only sells to certain areas but if that is true, that just isn't right. One thing I do know for certain, though, is that the NHL does make a certain number of tickets available for each game to non-Pens fans, as a friend of mine in Chicago got tickets to tomorrow night's game here in the Burgh and she is a Blackhawks fan.

The Anti-Wahoo
Old 05-28-2008, 11:21 AM   #6044
BettisFan
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 5206

600 wings fans! Really like from detroit becuase there cant be that many wings fans in the burgh!

Vist My blog at www.moesportsblog.com
Old 05-28-2008, 11:56 AM   #6045
HometownGal
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BettisFan View Post
600 wings fans! Really like from detroit becuase there cant be that many wings fans in the burgh!
I didn't mean Wings fans from Pittsburgh, Bettis. That was just a guestimate, but my point was that there are a lot of other places to purchase tickets other than Ticketmaster and I'm sure a lot of Wings fans have done just that.

The Anti-Wahoo
Old 05-28-2008, 12:06 PM   #6046
BettisFan
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 5206

Quote:
Originally Posted by HometownGal View Post
I didn't mean Wings fans from Pittsburgh, Bettis. That was just a guestimate, but my point was that there are a lot of other places to purchase tickets other than Ticketmaster and I'm sure a lot of Wings fans have done just that.
Lets hope not

Vist My blog at www.moesportsblog.com
Old 05-28-2008, 01:36 PM   #6047
Counselor
Starter

Member Number: 5075

So, I was sitting there when that kid got interviewed by the Free Press---I don't know him, but groups of Pens fans congregated at Hockeytown . . . anyway, the reporter misquoted him. The article read this way:

Quote:
“If the Penguins decide to let the Red Wings win the Cup,” Davison said, “we will congratulate every Red Wings fan in this place.”
The real quote was this:

Quote:
"If Gary Roberts decides to let the Red Wings win the cup, we will congratulate every Red Wings fans in this place"
The true quote is infinately bettler!
Old 05-28-2008, 01:52 PM   #6048
Edman
Living Legend

Member Number: 3261
My Mood: Brooding

Mellon Arena will be rocking tonight. The Penguins must win. An 0-2 hole is bad. An 0-3 hole is worse. Come on, Pens.
Old 05-28-2008, 01:56 PM   #6049
HometownGal
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edman View Post
Mellon Arena will be rocking tonight. The Penguins must win. An 0-2 hole is bad. An 0-3 hole is worse. Come on, Pens.
AMEN! I think we are going to see an emotionally charged group of guys tonight. I hope the fans show their support and scream their lungs out from start to finish.

LETS GO PENS!

The Anti-Wahoo
Old 05-28-2008, 03:03 PM   #6050
TackleMeBen
Southern Belle
Supporter

Location: where all the cute men are(especially the one in my avatar)
Member Number: 4435

the detroit sports talk host are saying that the pens dont have the heart to win this series anymore since they are already down 2-0, and that they have no leadership on the team that can lead.

please win tonight so these people will shut up on the radio.

In memory of my brother Michael, who gave me my love of sports. I will miss you!
Closed Thread