Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Pittsburgh Sports > Pittsburgh Penguins

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Closed Thread

Old 06-03-2008, 09:44 AM   #6311
X-Terminator
Mr. Wrong
Supporter

Member Number: 2550
Default Re: Pens Tidbits

Quote:
Originally Posted by TackleMeBen View Post
neither could all the wings fans. lol.. that is the longest game i have sat thru. at least it was exciting and over all good hockey.

i did hear that the sports radio talk host here in detroit are fussing about how nbc does nothing but talk about sidney crobsy.. one guy said that NBC now stands for Nothing But Crosby.
Riiiiiiiight...

After 4+ games of those announcers slurping the Wings' nutsacks and all but proclaiming them the champs, how dare they talk about Crosby and the Pens? They can all take a long walk off a short pier for all I care.
Old 06-03-2008, 10:05 AM   #6312
Mosca
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 1751

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBMelBlount View Post
It will be crazy. I hope 2 days is enough rest after last night.
You know what, though? The Wings looked really tired at the end, too. The high-sticking call, Hudler's stick came up because he was too arm-weary to control it. If you have the game taped, watch and you can see; he was just being sloppy, and Scuderi was standing in the way.

And, we're coming off the high of a win, and going home; they, on the other hand, are leaving home, where they had the champagne and the cup already wheeled into their dressing room!
Old 06-03-2008, 10:14 AM   #6313
TackleMeBen
Southern Belle
Supporter

Location: where all the cute men are(especially the one in my avatar)
Member Number: 4435

How do the Wings shake this one off?

"We got no choice," Henrik Zetterberg said. "We're still confident. Game 6s have been very good for us. We just have to get fluids in, get our bodies ready and regroup."

Maybe the size of the moment hit the Red Wings flush in the face. Or maybe thoughts of parades and trophies danced too early in too many heads.

Or more likely, Fleury was just magnificent. The puck bounced crazily all night, off sticks, off crossbars, off skates. And yes, again and again, it hit Fleury, as the Joe Louis Arena crowd shrieked and gasped

http://detroitnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll...ON03/806030405

In memory of my brother Michael, who gave me my love of sports. I will miss you!
Old 06-03-2008, 10:51 AM   #6314
X-Terminator
Mr. Wrong
Supporter

Member Number: 2550

All I know is that if the Wings are going to win the Cup, they'd better do it tomorrow night, because if they don't, and they have to go back to Detroit for Game 7, I really believe the Pens are going to pull it out.
Old 06-03-2008, 10:59 AM   #6315
rbryan
Team President

Member Number: 5196

Uh Oh Detroit. A little tight around the collar today????

Lets see if that little prick gets an octupus onto the ice tomorrow night. I'd break his freakin arm blocking that attempt if he was anywhere near me. Dirty little squid boy.

Note to all Pens fans.....If the grubby little turd wearing the Wings jersey next to you smells like low tide....keep an eye on him......lol
Old 06-03-2008, 11:03 AM   #6316
PisnNapalm
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 1225

Speaking of long games..... I remember watching this one...

April 24, 1996 — Pittsburgh 3, Washington 2, conference quarterfinal, 79:15, Petr Nedved.

That time there of 79:15 means that the winning goal was scored at 79 minutes and 15 seconds INTO overtime. They played a total of 139 minutes and 15 seconds of hockey. That's more than 2 games worth.

Also of note: Mario Lemieux was tossed from the game for fighting!! I think it was in the second overtime when he was booted.

The Pens went on to win that series but lost in the next round.
Old 06-03-2008, 11:05 AM   #6317
PisnNapalm
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 1225

Fleury is the one reason why the Pens are still alive in this chase for the cup. Even if the Pens lose I think that Fleury should be the series MVP. He has just played out of his mind.
Old 06-03-2008, 12:33 PM   #6318
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

Quote:
Originally Posted by PisnNapalm View Post
Fleury is the one reason why the Pens are still alive in this chase for the cup. Even if the Pens lose I think that Fleury should be the series MVP. He has just played out of his mind.
I totally agree PNP. That young man has been phenomenal and listening to his post-game interview, so mellow and modest.

I can't help but to laugh at these "diehard" *cough* *cough* Wings fans crying foul against NBC for daring to mention Sid when the NBC commentators haven't been able to remove their lips from the Wings' ying yangs throughout this series. The same Wings fans who were booing their own team after the Pens second goal in the first period last night. I loved seeing the s all over those commentators' faces when Sykora scored the winning goal.

Gee - it was so quiet in the Joe when Sykora banged in that goal, you could hear a pin drop.

I agree XT - if the Pens win tomorrow night at Mellon Arena, which I believe they will, I'm putting my money on them to win the Cup. Last night, the pendulum totally swung in their direction and the momentum going into Game #6 is all black and gold.

The Anti-Wahoo
Old 06-03-2008, 12:59 PM   #6319
OneForTheToe
Living Legend

Member Number: 2408

That game lasted so long that if it had gone more overtime period there would have had to have been a break so that some of the Wings players could deposit their Social Security checks.
Old 06-03-2008, 01:13 PM   #6320
stlrtruck
THE PRINCESS' Daddy
Supporter

Member Number: 2398

It's time the Pens muster up all their strength and take the beatings to the wings. Detroit has been bashing the Pens left and right - just like against the cryers, the Pens need to take the punishment to them.

60 Minutes, 53 Men, 6 Trophies,1 NATION. . .STEELERS NATION!!!
Sig courtesy of STEELAX04
Closed Thread