Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Pittsburgh Sports > Pittsburgh Penguins

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Closed Thread

Old 09-21-2008, 11:54 AM   #6431
steelpride12
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 5713
Default Re: Pens Tidbits

Quote:
Originally Posted by pittsburghp8baller View Post
holy crap he got hurt? i didnt hear about that. first whitney (ehh, could do without him) but if Gonchar goes down we are in trouble
Ya we have Eaton back and all, but Gonchar is our bread and butter lets hope he will be back and ready for the pre season
Old 09-21-2008, 04:15 PM   #6432
pittsburghp8baller
Head Coach
Supporter

Location: In A Place Where There Is No Other Hockey Fans!!!!!!
Member Number: 5365

they said he will be re-evaluated today, hope all is well.

i watch the highlights, some nice goals by the Pens, Fleury looked like he was a little rusty even with the short off-season. two goals were from unlucky bounces and one was a direct result of a sydor turnover (he wont play much)

Eric Godard came in and did what we expect him to do, and it worked i got pumped from watching it.

Fedotenko is gonna play tommorrow, i wonder if they will play the Crosby and Malkin line again?
Old 09-21-2008, 08:51 PM   #6433
steelpride12
Banned
Supporter

Quote:
they said he will be re-evaluated today, hope all is well.

i watch the highlights, some nice goals by the Pens, Fleury looked like he was a little rusty even with the short off-season. two goals were from unlucky bounces and one was a direct result of a sydor turnover (he wont play much)

Eric Godard came in and did what we expect him to do, and it worked i got pumped from watching it.

Fedotenko is gonna play tommorrow, i wonder if they will play the Crosby and Malkin line again?
I wanna see if when the regular season starts in the first line will be Satan, crosby and Dupuis or Fedotenkov. The first line needs this pre season to figure who fits better and where.
Old 09-22-2008, 05:25 PM   #6434
X-Terminator
Mr. Wrong
Supporter

Member Number: 2550

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelpride12 View Post
I wanna see if when the regular season starts in the first line will be Satan, crosby and Dupuis or Fedotenkov. The first line needs this pre season to figure who fits better and where.
From what I've seen, Satan-Crosby-Dupuis will be the top line going into the season, which I do not like. I'd rather see Fedotenko up there as he is very good around the net and has a better scoring touch. Crosby is not playing tonight, however, so Fedotenko won't get a chance to play with him. If Crosby is serious about taking more shots this season, I really believe he'll come close to scoring 50 goals. The guy scored 36 and 39 goals in his first 2 seasons while not having much of a scoring touch. Shooting more will just make him that much more deadly.

As for Gonchar, he got hurt on a hit by David Koci which may have been a tad late. I just pray it isn't serious, because losing him would be killer to their already depleted D corps with Whitney and Scuderi out of the lineup. It would almost certainly open the door for Goligoski if Gonchar does miss any time.
Old 09-22-2008, 07:44 PM   #6435
steelpride12
Banned
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Terminator View Post
From what I've seen, Satan-Crosby-Dupuis will be the top line going into the season, which I do not like. I'd rather see Fedotenko up there as he is very good around the net and has a better scoring touch. Crosby is not playing tonight, however, so Fedotenko won't get a chance to play with him. If Crosby is serious about taking more shots this season, I really believe he'll come close to scoring 50 goals. The guy scored 36 and 39 goals in his first 2 seasons while not having much of a scoring touch. Shooting more will just make him that much more deadly.

As for Gonchar, he got hurt on a hit by David Koci which may have been a tad late. I just pray it isn't serious, because losing him would be killer to their already depleted D corps with Whitney and Scuderi out of the lineup. It would almost certainly open the door for Goligoski if Gonchar does miss any time.
We will see how Fedotenko does tonight, but without Crosby he may not look that great, but i prefer him over Satan as well on that line. Crosby i feel is going to be more aggressive this season because he can be. He can score goals anyway anyhow and he will prove that.

Savran on sports beat said the Pens are being quiet about Gonchars injury which can be a bad thing most likely. He said he will prob. miss the opening game and possibly more after that, the Pens are going to evaluate the press tom. so lets pray for good news!
Old 09-22-2008, 09:41 PM   #6436
pittsburghp8baller
Head Coach
Supporter

looking at the box score the game seems to be getting out of hand. four fights and paul bissonnette got a game misconduct after his second fight

Kris Letang and Alex Goligoski have two assist on the power play, Pens lead 3-2
Old 09-22-2008, 09:41 PM   #6437
X-Terminator
Mr. Wrong
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelpride12 View Post
We will see how Fedotenko does tonight, but without Crosby he may not look that great, but i prefer him over Satan as well on that line. Crosby i feel is going to be more aggressive this season because he can be. He can score goals anyway anyhow and he will prove that.

Savran on sports beat said the Pens are being quiet about Gonchars injury which can be a bad thing most likely. He said he will prob. miss the opening game and possibly more after that, the Pens are going to evaluate the press tom. so lets pray for good news!
Well according to NHL.com, Tank has an assist and a boarding major. And I prefer him over Dupuis, not Satan - he'll be fine as Crosby's RW.

Rumor has it that Gonchar may be out 3-4 weeks. If that's the case, he'll be out until mid-to-late October and at least 8 games. I just hope that ends up being right - if it's any longer than that, the Pens will be in trouble.

BTW, there have been 5 fights and 101 PIMs so far in tonight's game, with the Pens leading 3-2.
Old 09-22-2008, 09:53 PM   #6438
pittsburghp8baller
Head Coach
Supporter

all the fights are the younger people trying to make a name for themselves

scratch that they must of changed the scoring because they had Bill Thomas with the goal and assist from Letang and Goligoski and now it says jus Letang with the goal.

looks like letang is gonna fill that role jus fine (jus like i knew he could and eventually would)
Old 09-22-2008, 09:56 PM   #6439
steelpride12
Banned
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Terminator View Post
Well according to NHL.com, Tank has an assist and a boarding major. And I prefer him over Dupuis, not Satan - he'll be fine as Crosby's RW.

Rumor has it that Gonchar may be out 3-4 weeks. If that's the case, he'll be out until mid-to-late October and at least 8 games. I just hope that ends up being right - if it's any longer than that, the Pens will be in trouble.

BTW, there have been 5 fights and 101 PIMs so far in tonight's game, with the Pens leading 3-2.
Ya the game is out of control and hope it ends with no injuries on either side. Agreed though because i was never a fan of Dupuis he never showed his greatness and thats sad when your on a line with Crosby.

Crosby Tank and Satan would be a pretty sick line, but they would have to prove that of course and it will take time for them all to get used to each other.

Ya if Gonchar is out that long good let him heal up. Any longer and im looking for Flower to have a rough start he needs the defense to step up big this season.
Old 09-22-2008, 10:00 PM   #6440
X-Terminator
Mr. Wrong
Supporter

Quote:
all the fights are the younger people trying to make a name for themselves

scratch that they must of changed the scoring because they had Bill Thomas with the goal and assist from Letang and Goligoski and now it says jus Letang with the goal.

looks like letang is gonna fill that role jus fine (jus like i knew he could and eventually would)
I don't think so, because Bissonnette was trying to get at David Koci before their first fight, which is likely a direct result of his hit that caused Gonchar's injury. The others likely were the case of younger guys trying to make an impression, including Zenon Konopka for the Bolts with his hat trick of fights tonight.

The Pens want Letang to be more aggressive offensively and shoot more, because he has a great shot. I agree that he'll be just fine if he does step up his offensive game. And with the way Goligoski apparently has been playing, the kid needs to be up here right now. Let Scuderi sit in the press box - this kid is the real deal. Don't think it's going to happen though.