Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Pittsburgh Sports > Pittsburgh Penguins

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS
Closed Thread

Old 10-12-2008, 07:27 PM   #6501
steelpride12
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 5713
Default Re: Pens Tidbits

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityMan786 View Post
**** Philly.
AMEN!
Old 10-12-2008, 07:43 PM   #6502
SteelCityMan786
SF's Youngest Legend

Member Number: 541

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelpride12 View Post
AMEN!
What do you call a whining Flyer?

A Crier.

786 Ways To Score Touchdowns
Old 10-12-2008, 08:49 PM   #6503
X-Terminator
Mr. Wrong
Supporter

Member Number: 2550

Eh, tough loss, but it's only game 3 and their schedule has been a wreck. Once this team jells, they will be just fine. Fleury, however, was in mid-season form. He single-handedly kept the Pens in the game and definitely deserved the #1 star despite the loss. If the Pens' D gets better so that he won't have to face as much rubber, look out!

Oh, and PHUCK FILLY!
Old 10-12-2008, 08:57 PM   #6504
steelpride12
Banned
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityMan786 View Post
What do you call a whining Flyer?

A Crier.
Philly is not even worth making fun of, dirty playing bastards.
Old 10-12-2008, 09:02 PM   #6505
SteelCityMan786
SF's Youngest Legend

Member Number: 541

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelpride12 View Post
Philly is not even worth making fun of, dirty playing bastards.
I hate Philly. So I shall make fun of them as much as I want

786 Ways To Score Touchdowns
Old 10-14-2008, 10:20 AM   #6506
steelpride12
Banned
Supporter

Game tonight. Pens vs the hated flyers tonight at 7:00PM EST on Versus.
GO PENS!
Old 10-14-2008, 10:51 AM   #6507
X-Terminator
Mr. Wrong
Supporter

Member Number: 2550

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pitt.../p_135689.html

Quote:
Penguins set for 'Classic' blue debut
By Rob Rossi
TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Tuesday, October 14, 2008

A mid-November Saturday night at Mellon Arena will look a lot like New Year's Day.

The Penguins will debut their alternate uniforms Nov. 15 at home against the Buffalo Sabres, the Tribune-Review has learned.

The uniforms will mirror the retro-themed ones worn against Buffalo at the New Year's Day NHL Winter Classic. The alternate design borrows from several early uniform incarnations and consists of a predominantly baby blue sweater and socks, with navy pants, gloves and helmet.

The Penguins had no comment Monday regarding the alternate uniforms debut date. However, they are finalizing plans for a formal re-introduction, which could include players modeling the alternate uniforms sometime prior to the Nov. 15 contest.

The alternate uniform is slated to be worn at select home games throughout the season.

Local merchants will begin selling the alternate sweaters around Nov. 15. League policy is for alternate sweaters to go on sale near their debut date, but not several weeks prior.

The Penguins have not worn an alternate uniform since 2001-02, when their current home black-and-gold design served as a third uniform. The franchise has worn a variation of black-and-gold uniforms since Jan. 30, 1980, when it switched from its original color scheme of various blues.

Pittsburgh is the only city in North America with each of its professional clubs sharing a primary color scheme.
Looks like my birthday gift is going to come 2 months later this year!

I've also heard a rumor that when the Pens move into their new barn, they're going to switch to the blue uni's full-time. I would not be against this - it would be taking the team back to its roots and would give them their own identity, separate from the Steelers and Pirates.
Old 10-14-2008, 12:12 PM   #6508
stlrtruck
THE PRINCESS' Daddy
Supporter

Member Number: 2398

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Terminator View Post
http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pitt.../p_135689.html

Looks like my birthday gift is going to come 2 months later this year!

I've also heard a rumor that when the Pens move into their new barn, they're going to switch to the blue uni's full-time. I would not be against this - it would be taking the team back to its roots and would give them their own identity, separate from the Steelers and Pirates.
From a fan outside of Pittsburgh, I don't mind the blue uniforms from the past but the Black and Gold uniforms unite the city and it's fans. They are the only city whose professional teams have the same colors - I say keep it that way!!!

60 Minutes, 53 Men, 6 Trophies,1 NATION. . .STEELERS NATION!!!
Sig courtesy of STEELAX04
Old 10-14-2008, 02:52 PM   #6509
pittsburghp8baller
Head Coach
Supporter

Location: In A Place Where There Is No Other Hockey Fans!!!!!!
Member Number: 5365

Sykora to Make Season Debut

Quote:
Right winger Petr Sykora will make his season debut Tuesday night against the Philadelphia Flyers.

“He’s going to play,” said head coach Michel Therrien following the morning skate. “He feels comfortable to play. That’s his call. We’re more than happy to have him back in the lineup”

Sykora will skate on a line with Evgeni Malkin and Jordan Staal. The tandem worked all training camp together until an illness and groin injury sidelined Sykora for nearly two weeks.

“It’s always been a good chemistry with Malkin,” Therrien said. “Hopefully, we’ll find them clicking right away.”

Sykora's presence could inject some scoring power for a team that hasn’t scored an even-strength goal in two games.

“(Sykora) seems to find that goal-scoring touch at the right time,” Staal said. “Hopefully, he can come through for us (Tuesday).”

> The Penguins have shuffled all of their lines for Tuesday's match-up with Philadelphia. Sidney Crosby has been reunited with Pascal Dupuis. It should be a smooth transition since the two played a majority of last season together following his acquisition from the Atlanta Thrashers.

“I know what (Crosby’s) going to do,” Dupuis said. “I played with him in preseason. The only game I didn’t play with him was in Europe. I’ll play my game, do my role. That’s what they want me to do.”

Dupuis started training camp on Crosby’s line along with Miroslav Satan, but was replaced by Ruslan Fedotenko. Dupuis was re-paired with Crosby late in New Jersey’s 2-1 overtime win on Saturday.

Sykora’s return will push Tyler Kennedy to the third line, with Fedotenko and Max Talbot.

“Obviously, TK’s (Tyler Kennedy) turbo is ready to go,” Talbot said. “He had a great start of the year. He’s been battling really hard. He worked out hard this summer. I’m pretty excited he’s a part of the line (Tuesday).”

> He said it: Michel Therrien on the passing of New York Rangers’ Alexei Cherepanov.

“I’m thinking more about the family more than anything. Those young athletes, their family is proud of their son. They wish them the best. They put a lot of sacrifice as parents, as brother and sister. Your first thought is the family.

“The hockey side is way behind as far as I’m concerned. It's sad news for everyone involved. It’s sad for our game too, losing a young man. We heard a lot of good things. He was supposed to be a great player. It’s just a sad day.”
i know it was a matter of time till Tank dropped down to the third line
Old 10-14-2008, 03:45 PM   #6510
steelpride12
Banned
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pittsburghp8baller View Post
Sykora to Make Season Debut

i know it was a matter of time till Tank dropped down to the third line
My Boy Sykora returns GREAT NEWS!
I figured Tyger Kennedy would drop down, Sykora has the speed and firepower the second line needs and the third line needed the extra speed, and Kennedy is young and has many years to develop into a second or even first liner someday in his career.

For now.....LETS GO PENS, Kick some Flyer ass!
Closed Thread