Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Pittsburgh Sports > Pittsburgh Penguins

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS
Closed Thread

Old 01-03-2009, 12:14 PM   #7001
steelpride12
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 5713
Default Re: Pens Tidbits

Pens look on fire early in the third getting turnovers, shots on net and already a break away shot from Dupuis. This is the Pens we all loved. There back!
Old 01-03-2009, 12:17 PM   #7002
steelpride12
Banned
Supporter

Tyler Kennedy has just coming out hitting and shooting the puck and bringing that sense of speed and agility we have missed. Without him the third line has just been torn apart and now with Whitney, Letang, and Kennedy now back the Pens are starting to get back to Pittsburgh hockey and i feel in a few weeks the Pens will be close if not to full strength!
Old 01-03-2009, 12:19 PM   #7003
pittsburghp8baller
Head Coach
Supporter

Location: In A Place Where There Is No Other Hockey Fans!!!!!!
Member Number: 5365

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Terminator View Post
BTW, Gaborik did decide to have the surgery and will be out 10 weeks, which means he's pretty much done for the season. I've also heard from Wild fans that he's not exactly the most popular guy up there - he's all about himself and he's been pretty much a dick to the fans, not to mention that he turned down a 10-year, $80 million offer from the Wild. Put that with his injury problems, and I don't want him anywhere near the Pens despite his talent.
most of that is because he jus simply doesnt want to be there anymore. he doesnt get the playing time he wants, and he doesnt like the system he plays in. thats the only reason he turned down the 10 year deal cause he jus doesnt want to be there. put him a more wide open system then im sure he would be a lot happier
Old 01-03-2009, 12:41 PM   #7004
pittsburghp8baller
Head Coach
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pittsburghp8baller View Post
oh well, lets move towards Florida. the Panthers are getting Nathan Horton back, i watched some of the their game the other night, and he looked a little out of sync, he is def a guy the Pens got to watch out for. He is a nightmare for a defense that has been struggling with physical play
i hate when im right sometimes, Whitney gets caught up ice and Horton makes him pay. Orpik did jus about all he could do, and Fleury actually stopped that shot except his shot is so hard it squeezed through
Old 01-03-2009, 12:42 PM   #7005
steelpride12
Banned
Supporter

Once again the game just not going the Pens way as they came out strong and the goal tender stayed strong and a few kinks and Florida is up 2 to 0 early in the game. Lets hope the Pens finally get some breaks in the second period and win this game against a slacking team 0-5 is not good.
Old 01-03-2009, 12:44 PM   #7006
steelpride12
Banned
Supporter

Good to see his skating so early and hopefully we can have him back and ready around early March.

http://penguins.nhl.com/team/app/?se...ticleid=401499

Quote:
Penguins Report: Gonchar Back on the Ice
Sam Kasan
Jan 2, 2009, 10:12 AM EST

Gonchar
Penguins defenseman Sergei Gonchar is back on the ice for the first time in three months. The All-Star blueliner skated with strength and conditioning coach Mike Kadar prior to Pittsburgh's practice on Friday afternoon.

Gonchar has not played a regular-season game this year due to a shoulder injury he suffered after absorbing a hit from David Koci Sept. 20 against the Tampa Bay Lightning in the team's preseason opener.

"It's been a while," Gonchar said. "It's been tough for me. To finally step on the ice it's a step forward for me. I feel great about it. It's exciting."

Gonchar, who ranked second in scoring among NHL defensemen in each of the past two seasons, had arthroscopic surgery Oct. 2 to repair cartilage and ligament damage to his shoulder and needed four to six months to recover.

It's the first step. We're on the right track and we're doing everything we're supposed to do. - Sergei Gonchar
"It's the first step," he said. "We're on the right track and we're doing everything we're supposed to do. The doctors said before the surgery that this was the time where we were going to start skating. It seems like everthing is going along."

It's been three months since Gonchar's surgery and he still has many steps in his rehab before he can even practice. Gonchar is only skating and passing. His shoulder is still a month away from being able to absorb contact or even take a slap shot.

"By the books, you're not supposed to have contact for four months," Gonchar said. "The ligaments not going to heal until four months. That's why I'm only skating. There are no slap shots, no one-timers, just passing the puck and that stuff. That's all that I'm doing."

While Gonchar's recovery is progressing on time, there has been no set date for his return to the lineup. Still, it's a good sign for the Penguins, who have battled through numerous injuries this season.

"With injuries you don't want to set up a timetable," he said. "You're going by how you're feeling, how you're recovering. It's going to be up to doctors and my muscles."

* Off-Day: Sidney Crosby (1/2/09)
* Off-Day: Ruslan Fedotenko (1/2/09)
* Off-Day: Kris Letang (1/2/09)
* Off-Day: Tyler Kennedy (1/2/09)
* Off-Day: Coach Therrien (1/2/09)

Forward Tyler Kennedy returned to practice for the Penguins on Wednesday, four weeks to the day after he sprained his knee against the New York Rangers Dec. 3. Kennedy, who signed a two-year extension with Pittsburgh this season, has not been ruled out of playing Saturday against the Florida Panthers at Mellon Arena at 1 p.m.

"It's still up in the air so I'm not really sure," Kennedy said. "I'll probably make my decision (Friday). I listen to (the trainers and doctors) but I have to make my own call. I know how it feels. It feels great but I don't want to be a dragging force on the team."

Even if Kennedy feels he's ready to play, ultimately the decision will be made by Penguins head coach Michel Therrien.

"It's going to be a game-time decision," Therrien said. "He looks good on the ice. We'll make a decision (Saturday) probably after warm ups."

If Kennedy returns, he would likely be re-paired with Jordan Staal and Matt Cooke. The trio was the Penguins most consistent line before Kennedy suffered his injury.

"They were a good line," Therrien said. "They brought a lot of energy and gave us some depth offensively. They created some momentum the way they were forechecking. Since that line's been broken, we've been struggling a little bit."

Defenseman Philippe Boucher did not practice with the team and is listed as day-to-day with an undisclosed injury. The injury caused him to miss Pittsburgh's previous game in Boston on Thursday.
Old 01-03-2009, 12:48 PM   #7007
pittsburghp8baller
Head Coach
Supporter

All-Star game voting officially needs to change

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=4...id=DL|NHL|home

East Starting Lineup
F Sidney Crosby
F Evgeni Malkin
F Alexei Kovalev
D Andrei Markov
D Mike Komisarek
G Carey Price

West
F Jonathan Toews
F Patrick Kane
F Ryan Getzlaf
D Scott Niedermayer
D Brian Campbell
G Jean Sebastian Giguere

No Dan Boyle or Shea Weber? Steve Mason has hands down been the best goaltender since his call-up and Giggy has been benched a few times. Mike Komisarek?!! i can deal with every1 except him. Canadien fans lost all creditbility when they selected him. And Kovalev over Kessel, Parise or Ovechkin!!!! Price i can handle but Tim Thomas should of been the starter
Old 01-03-2009, 01:02 PM   #7008
steelpride12
Banned
Supporter

GOOALLL! Fedotenko(11)
He has come up big for the Pens and is on fire as of late. Lets hope this is the bounce the Pens needed.
Old 01-03-2009, 01:19 PM   #7009
steelpride12
Banned
Supporter

Well Pens down 4-1 second period. Penalty Kill just has nothing right now and is giving goals left and right. The D has to cover every man and it seems someone is always open right in front of the net.
Old 01-03-2009, 01:34 PM   #7010
steelpride12
Banned
Supporter

Wow 2 fights in a row Talbot and Sid the Kids kicking some ass! Talbot whooped ass and Crosby just ragged dolled a panther. They may not win this game, but it shows the leadership these players have showing that the Pens won't give up hope yet.
Closed Thread