Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Pittsburgh Sports > Pittsburgh Penguins


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-03-2009, 08:50 PM   #7021
Pittsburghfan
Banned
 

Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,384
Member Number: 5129
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Pens Tidbits

I'm not a member on this TIOPS site but I got this from a message board.

Quote:
depaoli(he runs the site)
had a wedding to attend all day and I'm currently typing from my phone and a full update on the latest rumblings will be up when I get back. Just a couple quick ones. Penguins been talking to four teams exclusively. Two of them are EDM and TOR. Don't want to type a lot in the comments box for non members to see.
01/03/2009 6:07pm

Toronto? Antropov for Bissonnette + something...?
Pittsburghfan is offline  
Old 01-03-2009, 10:29 PM   #7022
pittsburghp8baller
Head Coach
Supporter
 
pittsburghp8baller's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: In A Place Where There Is No Other Hockey Fans!!!!!!
Posts: 1,874
Gender: Male
Member Number: 5365
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Pens Tidbits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pittsburghfan View Post
I'm not a member on this TIOPS site but I got this from a message board.
http://insidepittsburghsports.com/

Quote:
Updated: 10:52 p.m: Frustrations in the locker room and in the front office continue as the Penguins were embarrassed at home today losing 6-1 to the Florida Panthers. Michel Therrienís job is safe for now. Letís get that out of the way off the bat. If the Penguins were to continue to plummet in the standings then as always the coach could take the fall but to this point ownership has no interest in making a switch.
Ray Shero has been very active in the past 72 hours but donít expect to wake up in the morning and see the Penguins make a major trade or see Jordan Staal get traded. Those kind of trades donít happen overnight and as of this morning the Penguins were not involved in any serious talks that would land the Penguins a top 6 winger. What I mean by a top winger is a Marty St. Louis type of winger.
What the Penguins front office is trying to do is change the culture of the team. Callups and dressing seven defensemen will no longer get it done.
The Penguins are trying to acquire a forward or two that could provide some short term help and give Michel Therrien the option of sitting a player like Miroslav Satan.
Penguins are interested in Maple Leafs forward Nik Antropov but talks are not in the serious stages. Toronto doesnít want any contracts beyond this year going their way and the Leafs asking price needs to come down a bit according to sources. A source told me they were asking for Alex Grant, 2nd round pick/Paul Bissonnette.
Penguins have talked to the Oilers and Blues about unloading Satan. Penguins looking at two forwards from Edmonton. One on the NHL roster, another in Springfield.
More to come within the hour (inside access only) and a update on teams the Penguins have been talking too. One Western Conference team showing strong interest in Alex Goligoski.
pittsburghp8baller is offline  
Old 01-03-2009, 10:37 PM   #7023
pittsburghp8baller
Head Coach
Supporter
 
pittsburghp8baller's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: In A Place Where There Is No Other Hockey Fans!!!!!!
Posts: 1,874
Gender: Male
Member Number: 5365
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Pens Tidbits

i was on hockeybuzz (not reliable but i still like going there) one of them said a Penguin trade is possibly coming.

im guessing that AHL Oiler player is Rob Schremp and the NHL is maybe Dustin Penner (prob not, too high of a salary 4+ million). i guess if we unloaded Satan to Edm.

or could we trying to get Brad Boyes? that would prob be the team going after GoGo then.

i dont know, i would like to see something done but wouldnt be devestated if it didnt. it was kind of a hiccup year for the farm year. next year we will have a lot of people to choose from to play wing.
pittsburghp8baller is offline  
Old 01-03-2009, 10:55 PM   #7024
steelpride12
Banned
Supporter
 

Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 7,435
Gender: Male
Member Number: 5713
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Pens Tidbits

Wow truly looks like it wont be a surprise anymore to watch Staal get traded. I agree 7 defensemen is old news and trading down for a speedy wingers( St. Louis), and picking up Antronpov would be sick!
steelpride12 is offline  
Old 01-03-2009, 10:56 PM   #7025
X-Terminator
Mr. Wrong
Supporter
 
X-Terminator's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 6,881
Gender: Male
Member Number: 2550
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Pens Tidbits

Quote:
Originally Posted by pittsburghp8baller View Post
i was on hockeybuzz (not reliable but i still like going there) one of them said a Penguin trade is possibly coming.

im guessing that AHL Oiler player is Rob Schremp and the NHL is maybe Dustin Penner (prob not, too high of a salary 4+ million). i guess if we unloaded Satan to Edm.

or could we trying to get Brad Boyes? that would prob be the team going after GoGo then.

i dont know, i would like to see something done but wouldnt be devestated if it didnt. it was kind of a hiccup year for the farm year. next year we will have a lot of people to choose from to play wing.
I'd be pretty pissed off if GoGo is traded, because I just spent over 100 bucks on his jersey. At any rate, while I'd love Brad Boyes coming here, his, ahem, "commitment to defense" is something I'd rather live without - he's currently -22 on the season. Yeah, yeah, he plays for a struggling team, but when you're a scorer like him, you should be better than minus-fricking-22. As for Edmonton, I don't think Penner is the guy they're after, but rather Erik Cole, at the NHL level, along with Rob Schremp in the minors. And there's no way I give up that much for Nik Antropov. Save that kind of deal for someone else. But I do feel that some kind of deal is imminent.
__________________
X-Terminator is offline  
Old 01-03-2009, 11:11 PM   #7026
Pittsburghfan
Banned
 

Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,384
Member Number: 5129
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Pens Tidbits

I read possibly NHL Pouilet (I forget how to spell it) and AHL Rob Schremp.

Unloading Satan would be good possibly. But Orpik and Erik Cole in the same locker room may be distracting.
and I would do that Antropov trade in a heart beat.

One more thing I heard while watching Subway Night Sports Call. Rumour of
To Columbus Staal, Whitney
To Pittsburgh: Nash +. Not too reliable though.
Pittsburghfan is offline  
Old 01-03-2009, 11:17 PM   #7027
X-Terminator
Mr. Wrong
Supporter
 
X-Terminator's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 6,881
Gender: Male
Member Number: 2550
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Pens Tidbits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pittsburghfan View Post
I read possibly NHL Pouilet (I forget how to spell it) and AHL Rob Schremp.

Unloading Satan would be good possibly. But Orpik and Erik Cole in the same locker room may be distracting.
and I would do that Antropov trade in a heart beat.

One more thing I heard while watching Subway Night Sports Call. Rumour of
To Columbus Staal, Whitney
To Pittsburgh: Nash +. Not too reliable though.
Marc Pouliot? Um, no. And yes, Cole and Orpik in the same room would be pretty awkward, but then again, this is the same team that acquired Rick Tocchet 3 months after he broke Troy Loney's jaw in 1992, much to Loney's chagrin. All they did was win the Stanley Cup.

Columbus wouldn't trade Rick Nash for all of the gold in Ft. Knox, so forget that.

EDIT: You'd really give up a D prospect in Grant + a 2nd round pick or Biz Nasty for Antropov, who BTW is a center? No way.
__________________

Last edited by X-Terminator; 01-03-2009 at 11:31 PM.
X-Terminator is offline  
Old 01-03-2009, 11:38 PM   #7028
Pittsburghfan
Banned
 

Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,384
Member Number: 5129
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Pens Tidbits

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Terminator View Post
Marc Pouliot? Um, no. And yes, Cole and Orpik in the same room would be pretty awkward, but then again, this is the same team that acquired Rick Tocchet 3 months after he broke Troy Loney's jaw in 1992, much to Loney's chagrin. All they did was win the Stanley Cup.

Columbus wouldn't trade Rick Nash for all of the gold in Ft. Knox, so forget that.

EDIT: You'd really give up a D prospect in Grant + a 2nd round pick or Biz Nasty for Antropov, who BTW is a center? No way.
I got the name wrong. maybe it is marc. The guy I was thinking of plays for Minnesota Wild.

and I know Grant his a big D prospect just that seems like so little to give up ( except the 2nd ) for Antro. I normally can't watch many other games then Pens games but I read a while back Antropov has been playing wing mostly.
Plus, I guess I am over looking Grant as a prospect.
Pittsburghfan is offline  
Old 01-04-2009, 11:43 AM   #7029
X-Terminator
Mr. Wrong
Supporter
 
X-Terminator's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 6,881
Gender: Male
Member Number: 2550
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Pens Tidbits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pittsburghfan View Post
I got the name wrong. maybe it is marc. The guy I was thinking of plays for Minnesota Wild.

and I know Grant his a big D prospect just that seems like so little to give up ( except the 2nd ) for Antro. I normally can't watch many other games then Pens games but I read a while back Antropov has been playing wing mostly.
Plus, I guess I am over looking Grant as a prospect.
You're thinking of Benoit Pouliot - he's the one who plays for Minnesota. Marc Pouliot plays for Edmonton.

Yes, Antropov has mostly been playing wing as Dominic Moore has been centering his line with Alex Ponikarovsky on the other wing. So yeah, maybe they should go after him. The Pens have 2 other D prospects in Carl Sneep and Brian Strait, so maybe they can afford to give up Grant.
__________________
X-Terminator is offline  
Old 01-04-2009, 12:03 PM   #7030
X-Terminator
Mr. Wrong
Supporter
 
X-Terminator's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 6,881
Gender: Male
Member Number: 2550
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Pens Tidbits

[YOUTUBE]c53DZ9iHrJE[/YOUTUBE]
__________________
X-Terminator is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:29 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts