Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Pittsburgh Sports > Pittsburgh Penguins

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

An important history lesson for you TRUE Steelers fans!

Closed Thread

Old 03-28-2009, 05:11 PM   #8521
OneForTheToe
Living Legend

Member Number: 2408
Default Re: Pens Tidbits

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Terminator View Post
No ties, unfortunately - every game must have a winner. So out of the two, obviously you root for Buffalo. I think NJ will beat Carolina but the Flyers will beat the Isles, cuz they suck. Florida at Dallas should be interesting - the Stars need this game to stay within striking distance of the 8th seed in the West.

Yea I know we could always root for ice melt at the end of regulation. Kind of like I root for the blimp to hit the Stadium if the Browns are playing the Cowboys.

I would like to see Carolina cooled off before the playoffs start. Funny thing is I'd rather see the Pens play Boston in the first round than Phili or NJ (unless we could get home ice against Phili). Although, I don't want to see the Pens cool off, and you have beat the great teams to win it all. Still, Phili is a tough first round match-up.
Old 03-28-2009, 05:51 PM   #8522
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

The Pens played a very physical game again today - I'm liking this new aggressiveness! I especially loved seeing Avery's body smashing against the boards and hearing the ka-bang!

The first two Rags goals were pretty soft but Fleury settled down after that for the most part. Max was all over that ice today and had the Pens first goal - very nice! I was happy to see Tank get a goal - he's been in a bit of a drought lately.

I don't know what it is lately with missing the empty nets. Even in the waning seconds, you take advantage of those opportunities because until the final sec ticks off that clock, you just never know!

Tough game and a must win for the Pens against the Devs on Wednesday night. XT and I will be going to the game.

Eric - Angie and I had a great time today and wouldn't you know it - the biggest beefalo in the arena had to sit his fat ass right in front of me.

The Anti-Wahoo
Old 03-28-2009, 10:17 PM   #8523
X-Terminator
Mr. Wrong
Supporter

Member Number: 2550

Quote:
Originally Posted by HometownGal View Post
The Pens played a very physical game again today - I'm liking this new aggressiveness! I especially loved seeing Avery's body smashing against the boards and hearing the ka-bang!

The first two Rags goals were pretty soft but Fleury settled down after that for the most part. Max was all over that ice today and had the Pens first goal - very nice! I was happy to see Tank get a goal - he's been in a bit of a drought lately.

I don't know what it is lately with missing the empty nets. Even in the waning seconds, you take advantage of those opportunities because until the final sec ticks off that clock, you just never know!

Tough game and a must win for the Pens against the Devs on Wednesday night. XT and I will be going to the game.

Eric - Angie and I had a great time today and wouldn't you know it - the biggest beefalo in the arena had to sit his fat ass right in front of me.
I don't know what it is with these empty nets either - I mean, they have Crosby and Malkin out there, and they can't hit an empty net? Now granted, both times today they were held up and tripped, and should have been awarded a goal after Malkin's attempt, but still...someone has to put it in!

I'm glad you and Angie had a great time, and sorry about the big fat ass who sat in front of you! Why does that always seem to happen to you? LOL! They really ought to make those fat asses pay for 2 seats. But it isn't fair - the last 5 games I've been to, they haven't had one fight, but they've had 3 in the 2 games I missed. Wednesday is our last game of the season - I better see some gloves hitting the ice, dammit!

And of course, we got absolutely NO help tonight - the Flyers and Canes both won, so the Pens are still in 6th place. They keep winning all these games, but they can't move up in the standings. It's getting frustrating!
Old 03-29-2009, 12:23 PM   #8524
Fire Haley
Banned

Member Number: 763
Thanked 1,098 Times in 768 Posts

The Final Stretch

Eastern Conference
Rk Team Pts Gms remaining

4 PHI 92 (8) BOS @TOR TOR @OTT FLA @NYR @NYI NYR

5 CAR 91 (5) NYR PIT NYI BUF @NJD

6 PIT 90 (6) NJD @CAR @FLA @TB NYI @MTL

7 NYR 87 (6) NJD @CAR @BOS MTL PHI @PHI

8 MTL 86 (7) CHI @NYI @TOR OTT @NYR @BOS PIT

9 FLA 85 (6) OTT ATL PIT @PHI @ATL WAS

10 BUF 82 (7) @ATL @WAS NJD DET @TOR @CAR BOS
Old 03-29-2009, 12:51 PM   #8525
X-Terminator
Mr. Wrong
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer View Post
The Final Stretch

Eastern Conference
Rk Team Pts Gms remaining

4 PHI 92 (8) BOS @TOR TOR @OTT FLA @NYR @NYI NYR

5 CAR 91 (5) NYR PIT NYI BUF @NJD

6 PIT 90 (6) NJD @CAR @FLA @TB NYI @MTL

7 NYR 87 (6) NJD @CAR @BOS MTL PHI @PHI

8 MTL 86 (7) CHI @NYI @TOR OTT @NYR @BOS PIT

9 FLA 85 (6) OTT ATL PIT @PHI @ATL WAS

10 BUF 82 (7) @ATL @WAS NJD DET @TOR @CAR BOS
Yeah, the Canes WOULD have 4 of their last 5 games at home

I really hope the Habs don't make it in their 100th anniversary season. I'd my ass off!

The Flyers have a brutal schedule - 8 games in 14 days with 5 of those on the road and an odd travel schedule. If the Pens can stay hot, they may still catch them.

Buffalo is toast.
Old 03-29-2009, 11:06 PM   #8526
Fire Haley
Banned

None of the teams have easy schedules left.

It'll be a fight down to the wire, just like I predicted.
Old 03-29-2009, 11:29 PM   #8527
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

Boston beat the Flyers tonight 4-3. Pens are now just 2 points out of the 4th slot. (GO BEANTOWN!)

I think you're 100% spot on, Killer. This is all going to go down to the wire. Oh well - time for a manicure anyway.

LETS GO PENS!

The Anti-Wahoo
Old 03-30-2009, 12:01 AM   #8528
Fire Haley
Banned

Rags fans should be shaking in their boots at their remaining schedule.
Old 03-30-2009, 09:10 AM   #8529
X-Terminator
Mr. Wrong
Supporter

Yeah, their schedule is brutal. I can easily see them not making it, which of course would make me giggle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HometownGal View Post
Boston beat the Flyers tonight 4-3. Pens are now just 2 points out of the 4th slot. (GO BEANTOWN!)

I think you're 100% spot on, Killer. This is all going to go down to the wire. Oh well - time for a manicure anyway.

LETS GO PENS!
The Flyers still have a game in hand, but that loss really hurts them. Both the Canes and Pens can overtake them, and as I mentioned, they don't exactly have a cakewalk in their remaining games. They'll still make it, but I wouldn't be shocked if they ended up 6th or 7th.

The Pens' magic number is 7, so any combination of the Pens gaining 7 points and the Panthers losing 7, they will clinch a berth. Basically, if the Pens win their next 2 games and the Panthers lose 1 in regulation and one in either regulation or OT, they're in.
Old 03-31-2009, 10:31 PM   #8530
X-Terminator
Mr. Wrong
Supporter

Well, thanks to the Panthers and Habs winning their games tonight, the Pens are just 3 points away from being out of the playoffs entirely, despite all of the games they've won over the past 5+ weeks. I'm starting to get just a wee bit nervous over here. Obviously tomorrow night's game is absolutely critical, and it is definitely looking like the games against Carolina and Florida this weekend will ultimately decide whether or not they get in.