Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Pittsburgh Sports > Pittsburgh Penguins

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Bucs

Closed Thread

Old 10-08-2009, 08:04 AM   #8911
steelpride12
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 5713
Default Re: Pens Tidbits

Well we knew the Guins wouldn't go 82 and 0. Just came out flat footed tonight and had 4 minors in the first period and around 10 in the game. That is no successful game plan and it took the crowd out early.
The Coyotes defense reminded me of the 2008 Red Wings, the ones we lost to in the final, they played physical like us and stuffed you in the neutral zone, which worked to perfection when it was 5 on 5.
Well the Pens don't get a break they are heading into Philly tonight against an improved defense and still tough offense. Im not afraid of Emery though so lets get plenty of shots and take this one!
LETS GO PENS!
Old 10-08-2009, 08:04 AM   #8912
The_WARDen
Head Coach

Member Number: 7628

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunWillieRun View Post
I'm not sure what else the fans could have done. I recall multiple 'lets go pens' chants when they were down 0-2 and 0-3.

The players are supposed to be professionals and they clearly mailed it in last night. They should be giving the fans something to cheer about but the pathetic performance last night was an insult to the fans.
yeah some people think it's like high school...these guys are pros.

Anyway, hockey has started? Wow! See ya in February...when the players start to care and the games start to mean something.
After reading the idiotic threads over the past couple of weeks, I ask the question - "Who is worse...Steeler fans or Eagles fans?" Keep in mind that Eagle fans do not know what it's like to win a SB much less 6 and 2 this decade.
Old 10-08-2009, 08:16 AM   #8913
Fire Haley
Banned

Member Number: 763
Thanked 1,098 Times in 768 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_WARDen View Post
yeah some people think it's like high school...these guys are pros.

Anyway, hockey has started? Wow! See ya in February...when the players start to care and the games start to mean something.
They had some shots of Talbot in the pregame show - shooting and skating around - hey - he's on the ice! Our youngins didn't have much last night. Kennedy would go busting balls in the corner, fighting and clawing - and no support.

No support - they mentioned that quite a few times last night. Just couldn't get it up for the Coyotes, I guess - who came to play.
Old 10-08-2009, 09:32 AM   #8914
X-Terminator
Mr. Wrong
Supporter

Member Number: 2550

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer View Post
The Pens just didn't have it - of course the fans didn't have much to cheer about - they got SHUT OUT - you want them to be happy and jump up and down?

Oh I bet NOBODY is as good a fan as you....rah rah siss boom bah

I really really hate all the holier-than-thou "true fans" that think they're better than everyone else.
You know something dude? You need to get an effing grip. All I was TRYING to say was that MAYBE a little more cheering for the team when they were down could have helped. THAT'S ALL. Why the hell would you go to a game and sit on your damn hands all night, and ESPECIALLY when you pay all that money? You go there to cheer for your team, whether they are ahead or behind. It didn't have a damn thing to do with being a good fan or a bad fan...it had everything to do with being a FAN.

But whatever. Believe whatever the hell you want.
Old 10-08-2009, 09:37 AM   #8915
X-Terminator
Mr. Wrong
Supporter

Member Number: 2550

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunWillieRun View Post
I'm not sure what else the fans could have done. I recall multiple 'lets go pens' chants when they were down 0-2 and 0-3.

The players are supposed to be professionals and they clearly mailed it in last night. They should be giving the fans something to cheer about but the pathetic performance last night was an insult to the fans.
I don't disagree that they played poorly last night. I believe I already said that. Still though, I would have liked to see a little bit more enthusiasm in the building last night. Can you or Killer tell me what the hell is so wrong about that?

It's ONE game in an 82 game season, a season after they WON THE STANLEY CUP. Game number three. I think they've earned a little bit more leeway than that. But I can see that if they get off to a slow start...which I'm predicting will happen...it'll be like the Steelers forum in the last 3 weeks around here.

EDIT: OK look guys, I'm willing to bury this if you are. Let's just move on to the Flyers game. I have full confidence that the team will bounce back and play well tonight - there is mucho hatred between the two teams, and that emotion alone will have them ready to go.

Last edited by X-Terminator; 10-08-2009 at 10:01 AM.
Old 10-08-2009, 11:49 AM   #8916
Fire Haley
Banned

Stop kicking my chair and I'll stop putting gum in your hair.

Hey - that rhymed.

After last year I can't get too excited about the early play, till, at least January.

Just no major injuries please
Old 10-08-2009, 12:11 PM   #8917
KeiselPower99
Living Legend

Member Number: 8552

Sky is falling!!!!! Pens were shut out against the Coyotes. NO!!!!!! Seasons over. Trade Malkin! Trade Crosby! Time to rebuild. Wow. Sorry about that I mustve been reading some of them Week 2 & 3 Steelers threads.
Old 10-08-2009, 12:25 PM   #8918
Fire Haley
Banned

lookie

more parrots

bawk
Old 10-08-2009, 01:25 PM   #8919
OneForTheToe
Living Legend

Member Number: 2408

Definitely not on their game last night. At one point I thought maybe there was a poll to see who could get the most penalty minutes. Oh well, onto the next game.
Old 10-08-2009, 01:55 PM   #8920
Fire Haley
Banned

The last time they met - Game 6
04/19

http://www.nhl.tv/team/console.jsp?hlg=20082009,3,146
Closed Thread