Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Pittsburgh Sports > Pittsburgh Penguins

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS
Closed Thread

Old 10-21-2009, 05:08 AM   #9121
pittsburghp8baller
Head Coach
Supporter

Location: In A Place Where There Is No Other Hockey Fans!!!!!!
Member Number: 5365
Default Re: Pens Tidbits

Quote:
Originally Posted by pittsburghp8baller View Post
Sorry misread what you wrote. I think Lundy is right behind Fleury 2nd/3rd right now behind Ilya Bryzgalov. That defenseman Michael Del Zotto has been really impressive, at 19 already has 4 goals in the first couple of weeks, great Power Play Player.

Watching the Kings/Stars game last night, dam the Kings looked good. That top line of Smyth/Kopitar/Williams are on an absolute tear, that Av's/Kings trade has really worked for both teams so far.
Man, i was messing everything up yesterday, got to far ahead of myself meant Bryz and Lundy are close behind Fleury.

didnt catch the game but just saw the highlights, dam we owned that game. NHL on the Fly just showed how the third line has 10 goals in 9 games so far, incredible.
Old 10-21-2009, 05:11 AM   #9122
pittsburghp8baller
Head Coach
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer View Post
This sucks

Gonchar injured in Penguins' win

Teammates were told Gonchar has a broken bone near his hand or wrist, and he will be re-evaluated today to find its precise location. He is expected to miss at least a month

"Obviously you can't replace what he brings to the power play," coach Dan Bylsma said of Gonchar, who would be replaced in the lineup, if necessary, by Martin Skoula, a longtime league veteran with his name on the Cup.

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pitt...rce=rss&feed=8
dam, i was just wondering why he only had 16 minutes of ice time last night. Im mad not even Errey mentioned it on NHL on the Fly.
Old 10-21-2009, 05:13 AM   #9123
pittsburghp8baller
Head Coach
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Terminator View Post
BTW, this also means that Martin Skoula will be inserted into the lineup in Gonchar's place. I'm not exactly giddy at that prospect. The guy sucks balls - why else would he end up being with 3 different teams in the preseason?
he has an incredible -28 the last two years with Minnesota, maybe we get a Ben Lovejoy callup?
Old 10-21-2009, 06:24 AM   #9124
X-Terminator
Mr. Wrong
Supporter

Member Number: 2550

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer View Post
This sucks

Gonchar injured in Penguins' win

Teammates were told Gonchar has a broken bone near his hand or wrist, and he will be re-evaluated today to find its precise location. He is expected to miss at least a month

"Obviously you can't replace what he brings to the power play," coach Dan Bylsma said of Gonchar, who would be replaced in the lineup, if necessary, by Martin Skoula, a longtime league veteran with his name on the Cup.

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pitt...rce=rss&feed=8
Beat you by an hour and a half posting this story, but it doesn't suck any less.

Quote:
Man, i was messing everything up yesterday, got to far ahead of myself meant Bryz and Lundy are close behind Fleury.

didnt catch the game but just saw the highlights, dam we owned that game. NHL on the Fly just showed how the third line has 10 goals in 9 games so far, incredible.
It was by far their most dominant performance of the season - the complete opposite of how bad they looked against the Coyotes. They were all over the Blues from the drop of the puck - it really looked like the Pens had 7-8 guys on the ice every time. The Blues only started getting more pressure after Gonchar went down, but even then, it wasn't a whole lot.

Quote:
he has an incredible -28 the last two years with Minnesota, maybe we get a Ben Lovejoy callup?
Lovejoy is still injured right now, so it looks like they're going to plug him in there. Ugh. I've a feeling he's going to make Lt. Dan sorry he made that decision in short order. Wild fans were so glad to be rid of him. You have to work pretty damn hard to be -28 in Jacques Lemaire's defensive system.
Old 10-21-2009, 07:19 AM   #9125
SteelMember
Team Owner

Member Number: 8745

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4xSBChamps View Post
I decided to get his sweater after this
Now, you too might get the SuperStar treatment.

You can get a T-shirt.

Great to see Tank and our leading goal scorer get another goal. No, not Crosby. Not Malkin...Tyler Kennedy (5). It's great getting points from guys like TK and Cooke. I would love for Kunitz to put one in the twine and get it going.

Bad news about Gonchar. If this were a Steelers thread, someone would inevitably call him "injury prone".

"Before you can win a game, you have to not lose it." -- Chuck Noll
Old 10-21-2009, 07:43 AM   #9126
4xSBChamps
Head Coach

Member Number: 1911

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelMember View Post

Great to see Tank and our leading goal scorer get another goal. No, not Crosby. Not Malkin...Tyler Kennedy (5). It's great getting points from guys like TK and Cooke. I would love for Kunitz to put one in the twine and get it going.
Mr. Kennedy's greatest attribute (besides playing bigger than his physical-size) is that he often fires shots at the net, which lead to rebounds or goals..... sometimes Crosby & Malkin try one-too-many passes, resulting in nothing:
I don't think anybody within the organIzation is upset with Kunitz not getting goals..... he is tenacious on th forecheck, opening ice for Guerin & Crosby, and he takes the body, too, so I got no-complaints with Kunitz' play.
Old 10-21-2009, 08:18 AM   #9127
SteelMember
Team Owner

Member Number: 8745

I'm not saying I have any problem with Kunitz' play. I don't know how you arrived there, so I'll just say this...

Everyone likes to score goals.

and I'm sure he's not the exception.

It's guys like TK that bring that energy and extra effort that make watching hockey a little more exciting. I will always cheer for guys like that. ALWAYS!

LET'S GO PENS!

"Before you can win a game, you have to not lose it." -- Chuck Noll
Old 10-21-2009, 08:25 AM   #9128
4xSBChamps
Head Coach

Member Number: 1911

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelMember View Post
I'm not saying I have any problem with Kunitz' play. I don't know how you arrived there, so I'll just say this...

Everyone likes to score goals.
I didn't think you were upset with Kunitz' play (but he gets lotsa flack about his lack of goal-scoring)

Kunitz' hard-work will deliver scoring opportunities for his linemates & himself..... guy appears to place team-goals ahead of personal accomplishments, and his skills fit Lt. Dan's style of play
Old 10-21-2009, 08:29 AM   #9129
steelpride12
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 5713

Losing Gonch for at least a month is a huge blow, but I think if there is any time for the Pens to lose a player for sometime it is now. The Pens are getting goals from all 4 lines and the defense is scoring as well. I don''t see losing Gonch to totally effect the Pens a whole lot, but in someway it will. Well here's to a speedy 100% recovery Gonch!
Old 10-21-2009, 08:41 AM   #9130
X-Terminator
Mr. Wrong
Supporter

Member Number: 2550

Malkin had 12 SOG last night and Crosby was setting people up left and right. I think they're going to be just fine.