Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Pittsburgh Sports > Pittsburgh Penguins

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Closed Thread

Old 11-18-2009, 03:40 PM   #9441
X-Terminator
Mr. Wrong
Supporter

Member Number: 2550
Default Re: Pens Tidbits

Well, I figured McKee would be the next to go down - he's been injury-prone most of his career. We are now down 5 of our 6 defenseman, and let's just hope Eaton isn't going to join him on that list.

*sighs* It just never ends.
Old 11-18-2009, 10:57 PM   #9442
Shea
Head Coach

Member Number: 5066

I give up on trying to wrap my mind around the injury situation, and I'm beginning to just expect the worse.

In fact, I've gotten a crappy attitude about it all. I expect when we finally do get everyone back then the flu will find it's way into the locker room and wipe everyone out for another week or two.

Like I said, my attitude and outlook has reached the pissy point.
Old 11-18-2009, 11:28 PM   #9443
Shea
Head Coach

Member Number: 5066

Sid made his way back home today to take part in the olympic torch ceremonies....

With the games being in Vancouver, and with Canada's first love being hockey, I hope Sid and team Canada take gold in hockey.

From day one Sid was expected to not only resurrect a team, but after a lock-out, expected to resurrect the sport itself. He's excelled in spite of it all, and I'd love to see him smiling with gold around his neck on the podium. He deserves it for the way he's handled himself, and for the man he's shown to be throughout it all.

Being an American I realize that I shouldn't root against my country, but I'm so impressed with Sidney and the way he conducts himself, that I can't help myself.

Does this mean I'm gonna rot in hell?

Does this put me in the same category as flag burners?

Someone tell me that it's understandable and that I'm gonna be ok!

Last edited by Shea; 11-19-2009 at 01:03 AM.
Old 11-19-2009, 06:25 AM   #9444
X-Terminator
Mr. Wrong
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shea View Post
I give up on trying to wrap my mind around the injury situation, and I'm beginning to just expect the worse.

In fact, I've gotten a crappy attitude about it all. I expect when we finally do get everyone back then the flu will find it's way into the locker room and wipe everyone out for another week or two.

Like I said, my attitude and outlook has reached the pissy point.
Well, there is some good news to be had on the injury front - not only is Max expected to play tonight, but one of Gonchar or Orpik will also be returning to the lineup, and from what I've read, it's likely going to be Gonchar. I thought he was still about 10 days away, but I guess he's ready now. Talk about getting a boost - they've only scored 4 PPG since he got hurt on October 20, so that should give them a boost. Plus, he will have missed one day less than a month, so he healed pretty quickly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shea View Post
Sid made his way back home today to take part in the olympic torch ceremonies....

With the games being in Vancouver, and with Canada's first love being hockey, I hope Sid and team Canada take gold in hockey.

From day one Sid was expected to not only resurrect a team, but after a lock-out, expected to resurrect the sport itself. He's excelled in spite of it all, and I'd love to see him smiling with gold around his neck on the podium. He deserves it for the way he's handled himself, and for the man he's shown to be throughout it all.

Being an American I realize that I shouldn't root against my country, but I'm so impressed with Sidney and the way he conducts himself, that I can't help myself.

Does this mean I'm gonna rot in hell?

Does this put me in the same category as flag burners?

Someone tell me that it's understandable and that I'm gonna be ok!
Nah, sorry. It's USA all the way in the Olympics! Can't root for Sid when he's playing for his country - same for Geno. I'd love nothing more than to return the favor to Canada for the Salt Lake City games and win Gold on their turf!
Old 11-19-2009, 10:55 AM   #9445
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Terminator View Post
Well, there is some good news to be had on the injury front - not only is Max expected to play tonight, but one of Gonchar or Orpik will also be returning to the lineup, and from what I've read, it's likely going to be Gonchar. I thought he was still about 10 days away, but I guess he's ready now. Talk about getting a boost - they've only scored 4 PPG since he got hurt on October 20, so that should give them a boost. Plus, he will have missed one day less than a month, so he healed pretty quickly.
No one will be happier than me to have Serg back!

Quote:
Nah, sorry. It's USA all the way in the Olympics! Can't root for Sid when he's playing for his country - same for Geno. I'd love nothing more than to return the favor to Canada for the Salt Lake City games and win Gold on their turf!
I'm with you there. Though I'm an Ameri-nuck, having been born in Canada, I'm rooting for the good ole U.S. of A. in the Olympics.

The Anti-Wahoo
Old 11-19-2009, 01:55 PM   #9446
4xSBChamps
Head Coach

Member Number: 1911

tPB
Old 11-19-2009, 02:13 PM   #9447
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4xSBChamps View Post

tPB

Excellent!!!!

The Anti-Wahoo
Old 11-19-2009, 02:38 PM   #9448
4xSBChamps
Head Coach

Member Number: 1911

I don't know if this has been posted here, but a good story about the Penguins, and one of their fans

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vau...1862/index.htm

The guy who does the 'YinzLuvDaGuins' & 'YinzLuvDaStillers' videos, Jim Shearer, well..... this is his 'Aunt Pat', whom he mentioned a few times last season in his videos:

recent, she was paid a visit at her home

http://link.brightcove.com/services/...id=50667853001
Old 11-19-2009, 04:18 PM   #9449
X-Terminator
Mr. Wrong
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4xSBChamps View Post

tPB
Great pictures!

Anyway, it is official - Gonchar and Talbot will be in the lineup tonight. Of course, we can't get some good injury news without some bad - Mark Eaton has back spasms and his status is unknown for tonight. So the Pens recalled Chris Lee from WBS in case he can't go.

All info here: http://penguins.nhl.com/club/news.ht...id=DL|PIT|home
Old 11-19-2009, 05:57 PM   #9450
Fire Haley
Banned

Member Number: 763
Thanked 1,098 Times in 768 Posts

I was wrong = you win, I thought Talbot would be back long before Gonchar.
Closed Thread