Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Pittsburgh Sports > Pittsburgh Penguins

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS
Closed Thread

Old 12-29-2009, 07:25 AM   #9811
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413
Default Re: Pens Tidbits

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Terminator View Post
Don't know why, but this loss really pissed me off. I know it's their first game after the break and all..maybe it's giving up the GWG so soon after tying it up, or that they could have taken over the division/conference lead. I don't know, but I'm REALLY upset right now. First time all season.

They need to start defending their home turf a little bit better too - it's their 7th regulation home loss and 8th overall, and they've let those teams come in and dictate play more often than not. You have to hold serve at home so that when you have a month like January when you play 2/3 of your games on the road, it doesn't hurt as much if you don't do well.
Whew - I'm sure glad we sold our tickets for that game. Saved me from punching you in the head.

I wasn't happy with the loss especially with the road trip coming up against the Sabes and Debils but as you well know, I never rule the Pens out of a game no matter who our opponent is or where they're playing. Keep the faith!

The Anti-Wahoo
Old 12-29-2009, 09:58 AM   #9812
X-Terminator
Mr. Wrong
Supporter

Member Number: 2550

Quote:
Originally Posted by HometownGal View Post
Whew - I'm sure glad we sold our tickets for that game. Saved me from punching you in the head.

I wasn't happy with the loss especially with the road trip coming up against the Sabes and Debils but as you well know, I never rule the Pens out of a game no matter who our opponent is or where they're playing. Keep the faith!
It's not that I don't have faith - they just won the Cup and are one of the top teams in the league. And keep in mind, I predicted that they'd beat the Devils tomorrow night, and I haven't wavered on that. They seem to play better against them up there than here. It's just that here was another team that the Pens should beat at home, and they lost. Phoenix, Carolina, Minnesota, who was really struggling at the time, and now Toronto. I don't mind losing to teams like the Devils and Blackhawks - they're 2 of the best teams in the league. But they should beat the teams they're supposed to beat at home. Anyway, as with every game after a loss, I suspect they'll come out with a very strong effort tonight, win or lose.
Old 12-29-2009, 10:55 AM   #9813
4xSBChamps
Head Coach

Member Number: 1911

We are going to this Saturday's afternoon game in Tampa Bay, and it was announced during last evening's telecast of the Broons @ Bolts game (a 2-1 Tampa win) that the normal 30 minute pre-game show would be done outside the St. Pete Times Forum, where the Lightning often have live music, face-painting, and give-aways before matinee games:
I'm gonna try to get my ugly mug shown, or at-least lead the many Penguins fans in cheers of 'LET'S GO PENS, LET'S GO PENS' while they are doing the show
Old 12-29-2009, 07:01 PM   #9814
HometownGal
Living Legend

Pens up on the Sabes 3-0 early in the 2nd. Miller just pulled out of the net.

Goals by Guerin, Staal and Kunitz.

The Anti-Wahoo
Old 12-29-2009, 07:21 PM   #9815
HometownGal
Living Legend

Sabes just scored on a penalty shot awarded due to Jay McKee covering up puck in Pens net.

Pens 3-1.

The Anti-Wahoo
Old 12-29-2009, 07:47 PM   #9816
X-Terminator
Mr. Wrong
Supporter

I did not like what I saw after Stafford's PS (which shouldn't have been awarded anyway - McKee did not use his hand to cover up the puck in the crease). Now is NOT the time for them to start coasting - they have to keep the pressure on.
Old 12-29-2009, 08:25 PM   #9817
X-Terminator
Mr. Wrong
Supporter

Pens have blown a 3-goal lead and the Sabres are ahead with less than 5 minutes left. Friggin unbelievable. That's all I'm going to say right now - I don't want to come across as a FWF.
Old 12-29-2009, 08:32 PM   #9818
SteelCityMom

Member Number:

Quote:
Pens have blown a 3-goal lead and the Sabres are ahead with less than 5 minutes left. Friggin unbelievable. That's all I'm going to say right now - I don't want to come across as a FWF.
I'm ticked too. As far as angry about a loss goes, this one takes the cake for me...simply because they lost in the same sort of fashion that they were losing games last year before Bylsma started coaching.

I knew we were in trouble when Lalime went in goal though. I wish they had waited until the Pens scored a 4th goal to pull Miller.

Old 12-29-2009, 08:42 PM   #9819
X-Terminator
Mr. Wrong
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityMom View Post
I'm ticked too. As far as angry about a loss goes, this one takes the cake for me...simply because they lost in the same sort of fashion that they were losing games last year before Bylsma started coaching.

I knew we were in trouble when Lalime went in goal though. I wish they had waited until the Pens scored a 4th goal to pull Miller.
What ticks me off is that they had a chance to at least get 3 points out of the last 2 games and they came up empty. Tonight's game just infuriates me more than Sunday's game, because they had it right in their hands and gave it away. I give Lalime credit for playing well, but really...the Pens had no business losing this game tonight.
Old 12-29-2009, 09:12 PM   #9820
SteelCityMom

Member Number:

Quote:
What ticks me off is that they had a chance to at least get 3 points out of the last 2 games and they came up empty. Tonight's game just infuriates me more than Sunday's game, because they had it right in their hands and gave it away. I give Lalime credit for playing well, but really...the Pens had no business losing this game tonight.
Agreed, although I'm not gonna get too worked up over it. Seasons still young and I know they're not going to win every game.

I do think something was wrong with Fleury after (I can't remember who it was) fell on him pretty hard. I was thinking they should have put Johnson in after that, he was looking a little shaky.

Just gotta hope they play better against the Devils is all.

Closed Thread