Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Pittsburgh Sports > Pittsburgh Penguins

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Closed Thread

Old 12-30-2009, 07:07 PM   #9831
SteelCityMom

Member Number:
Default Re: Pens Tidbits

This game is making me sad and sleepy. I'm tired of seeing the Pens getting chances against Marty...I demand some goals! (or I will pass out lol)

Old 12-30-2009, 07:39 PM   #9832
X-Terminator
Mr. Wrong
Supporter

Member Number: 2550

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityMom View Post
Is Lecavalier injured, or just having a bad year? I really haven't followed the Lightning too much this year, but I know he's always been one of their better players.

And not only did Pronger make it over Phaneuf, he got the A along with Crosby and Iginla. I really think nearly anybody else on that team would have been more deserving of the A over Pronger...even Richards lol.
Lecavalier hasn't been injured at all - he's just really, really sucked this year for whatever reason. Tampa fans can't figure out what the problem is either. And his play has been hurting St. Louis' numbers as well.

I can think of several guys who would have been a better choice than Pronger...Phaneuf obviously, Jay Bouwmeester, even Stephane Robidas from the Stars would have been a better choice than Pronger. And he certainly didn't deserve an A - that was just a token by Steve Yzerman for his experience.

Quote:
This game is making me sad and sleepy. I'm tired of seeing the Pens getting chances against Marty...I demand some goals! (or I will pass out lol)
I'm starting to get convinced that the Pens may not score another goal against Marty this year.
Old 12-30-2009, 08:25 PM   #9833
SteelCityMom

Member Number:

What a load of crap...

Now we get to watch back to back afternoon games...yippie.

Just f-ing fjkdlsahgkjdosa;jgkdla;jdkslahfdksa;

That is all.

Old 12-30-2009, 08:26 PM   #9834
steelpride12
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 5713

Well another loss to the devils its 0 for 4 and my frustration is building. They just seem to have our number this season and id be afraid to see them in the playoffs. Grr its hard to watch this, but Broduer is just too good and uses all his tricks up his sleeves against the Pens. 3 straight losses.
Old 12-30-2009, 08:39 PM   #9835
X-Terminator
Mr. Wrong
Supporter

Quote:
What a load of crap...

Now we get to watch back to back afternoon games...yippie.

Just f-ing fjkdlsahgkjdosa;jgkdla;jdkslahfdksa;

That is all.
Really, what else can you say? Brodeur has the Pens' number this season. They played a good game tonight and Brent Johnson was terrific in goal, but once again, they can't get a puck past Brodeur. It makes the past two games hurt even more, especially last night's game.

Hopefully they'll be able to get back on the winning track in Florida, but I'm not holding my breath. The Pens do not play well in afternoon games.
Old 12-30-2009, 08:47 PM   #9836
SteelCityMom

Member Number:

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Terminator View Post
Really, what else can you say? Brodeur has the Pens' number this season. They played a good game tonight and Brent Johnson was terrific in goal, but once again, they can't get a puck past Brodeur. It makes the past two games hurt even more, especially last night's game.

Hopefully they'll be able to get back on the winning track in Florida, but I'm not holding my breath. The Pens do not play well in afternoon games.
Yeah, I'll hand it to Brent...he played out of his mind. Him and Brodeur were the only reasons that game was ever close. I'm just tired of watching them lose to the Devils pretty much. I'd have been just as let down even if they had won the past two games. I really thought something good was going to happen with that 6-4 at the end...but oh well.

I hate afternoon games for them as well...at least neither are 1pm games though, so that helps a little.

Old 12-30-2009, 09:10 PM   #9837
X-Terminator
Mr. Wrong
Supporter

Quote:
Yeah, I'll hand it to Brent...he played out of his mind. Him and Brodeur were the only reasons that game was ever close. I'm just tired of watching them lose to the Devils pretty much. I'd have been just as let down even if they had won the past two games. I really thought something good was going to happen with that 6-4 at the end...but oh well.

I hate afternoon games for them as well...at least neither are 1pm games though, so that helps a little.
Thankfully they won't have to see the Devils again until March. Maybe by that time, they'll have forgotten that Brodeur has stoned them for 2 and a half games so far, and have just 2 goals against him all season.

Damn. And I really thought that with the Pens' recent success in New Jersey, that they'd pull out a win. It doesn't get any easier for them either, because Tampa has been hot lately and I'm sure they will bring their A game on Saturday. Rick Tocchet might kick all of their asses if they don't!
Old 12-31-2009, 06:27 AM   #9838
4xSBChamps
Head Coach

Member Number: 1911

Quote:
Is Lecavalier injured, or just having a bad year? I really haven't followed the Lightning too much this year, but I know he's always been one of their better players.
the Bolts got off to a better-than-expected start, led by Stamkos & Malone, while VL4 struggled to get on-track:
when rumors surfaced that he was unhappy playing without Marty St. Louis, lines were jumbled, yet Lecavalier didn't play much better, so Tocchet dropped him to the 3rd & 4th lines, hinting that VL4 wasn't playing hard-enough (lack of hustle, turning-away from checks, etc.).

I didn't see last-night's games against the Habs (a 2-1 OT loss in Montreal) while peeping the Pens, but Lecavalier had 11 points (3G, 8A) the previous 8 games, and he is playing much-grittier for Tocchet, while St. Louis is racking-up lotsa assists:
VL4 still likes to display his skills (skate in circles, dish soft passes), and made a gorgeous no-look, between-the-legs back-handed pass for an assist against Boston, but he is generally playing rougher & tougher in the Tocchet-style

Smith has been getting many starts in-goal the last week, as Niittymaki's wife gave birth over the weekend, and I wouldn't be surprised to see him play against the Guins Saturday:
whatever-else I can glean from the central Florida papers, I'll post here before that game
Old 01-01-2010, 03:41 PM   #9839
X-Terminator
Mr. Wrong
Supporter

Well, here is the U.S. Olympic Team. Some surprises, and some very notable omissions:

Forwards:

Zach Parise, NJD
Dustin Brown, LA
Paul Stastny, COL
Ryan Malone, TB
Phil Kessel, TOR
Ryan Kesler, VAN
Patrick Kane, CHI
Ryan Callahan, NYR
Chris Drury, NYR
Jamie Langenbrunner, NJD
David Backes, STL
Joe Pavelski, SJ
Bobby Ryan, ANA

Defensemen:

Jack Johnson, LA
Erik Johnson, STL
Ryan Suter, NSH
Paul Martin, NJD
Brooks Orpik, PIT
Mike Komisarek, TOR
Brian Rafalski, DET

Goalies:

Ryan Miller, BUF
Tim Thomas, BOS
Jonathan Quick, LA

No Gomez, no Gionta, no Ryan Whitney and, sadly, no Billy G. Congratulations to Brooks Orpik, though, for making the team! So the Pens will be sending 5 players to Vancouver. I'm a little surprised that David Backes made the team - I thought his penchant for penalties might hurt him. But clearly Brian Burke is looking to try to win with physical play and grit, since they are out-gunned talent-wise by the Canadians and Russians, and are about on par with the Swedes.
Old 01-01-2010, 05:10 PM   #9840
pittsburghp8baller
Head Coach
Supporter

Location: In A Place Where There Is No Other Hockey Fans!!!!!!
Member Number: 5365

Whitney still has a chance to make it, i doubt Paul Martin will be ready to go in time. The only player i dont agree with is Mike Komisarek, but i wasnt surprised when he was picked by Burke, his GM.