Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Pittsburgh Sports > Pittsburgh Penguins

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Closed Thread

Old 01-13-2010, 11:00 PM   #9931
steelpride12
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 5713
Default Re: Pens Tidbits

Pens win and what can you say 19-2 when the Pens have a PP goal I like that and proves how key it is.
Old 01-14-2010, 07:37 AM   #9932
X-Terminator
Mr. Wrong
Supporter

Member Number: 2550

It was a nice game and a nice win - Fleury was outstanding. But man...given their record when they score a PPG, imagine how many more wins they'd have if they had even a middle-of-the-pack PP. There have been a number of games they lost that would have been wins had they been able to score a goal or two on the PP. The Isles game on Black Friday, the Leafs game after Christmas, the 2nd Buffalo game and both Minnesota games immediately come to mind. That's 5 wins right there, which would have made them 34-13-1 for 69 points and the top team in the NHL right now.
Old 01-14-2010, 08:18 AM   #9933
SteelMember
Team Owner

Member Number: 8745

Dan keeps trying to shake up the PP, and hopefully it will start to pay off. Glad to see we got one tonight.

Your right X-T, we have way too much talent for our PP for it not to be winning us more games. We need to be closer to a 20% success rate instead of the 14.5 we have now.

I don't think 1 out of 5 should be asking too much.

LETS GO PENS!

"Before you can win a game, you have to not lose it." -- Chuck Noll
Old 01-14-2010, 08:24 AM   #9934
4xSBChamps
Head Coach

Member Number: 1911

I'm liking Malkin on the Right-wing boards, Gonch & Letang at the top, with Crosby in-front, because his hands are sooooo-good, and he is quickly becoming deft at whacking pucks outta the air, knocking-in rebounds, etc., and they still need more-shots, to take advantage of Crosby's skill at these facets of the game:
it may sound crazy, but would Kennedy be a fit along the Left-boards, because he drives straight at the net, and likes to shoot, creating havoc for defenders?

Old 01-14-2010, 09:30 AM   #9935
X-Terminator
Mr. Wrong
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4xSBChamps View Post
I'm liking Malkin on the Right-wing boards, Gonch & Letang at the top, with Crosby in-front, because his hands are sooooo-good, and he is quickly becoming deft at whacking pucks outta the air, knocking-in rebounds, etc., and they still need more-shots, to take advantage of Crosby's skill at these facets of the game:
it may sound crazy, but would Kennedy be a fit along the Left-boards, because he drives straight at the net, and likes to shoot, creating havoc for defenders?

No, I still like Guerin there - better shot, better hands and a better passer. I LOVE having Sid in front of the net, though, with Geno on the right-wing boards. It sets him up for one-timers as well as opening up a little space for Gonchar to fire pucks, since the opposing PK will rotate toward him. And Sid's hands are golden, so he'll be able to deflect some pucks in and quickly find and bury any rebounds around the net.
Old 01-14-2010, 06:25 PM   #9936
X-Terminator
Mr. Wrong
Supporter

Pens in Edmonton tonight to take on the Oilers, who have just been terrible over the past month. They've won just once in their past 14 games. They've been absolutely decimated with injuries - Mike Comrie, Ales Hemsky, Lubomir Visnovsky and Nikolai Khabibulin are all out of the lineup (Hemsky and Khabibulin are done for the rest of the season). They are tied with the Leafs for the 2nd worst record in the NHL. All of which means the Oilers will probably win tonight, something like 4-1. It's a classic trap game for the Pens, playing a terrible team on the road after playing a tough game last night, and I think they're going to fall into the trap.
Old 01-14-2010, 08:36 PM   #9937
4xSBChamps
Head Coach

Member Number: 1911

Toronto is beating the Phlyers 4-0 with less than 90 seconds to play
Old 01-14-2010, 10:14 PM   #9938
Shea
Head Coach

Member Number: 5066

Down 2-0 at the end of the second period and I'm trying to find something positive to say about the team.

I got nothin.
Old 01-14-2010, 10:17 PM   #9939
X-Terminator
Mr. Wrong
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shea View Post
Down 2-0 at the end of the second period and I'm trying to find something positive to say about the team.

I got nothin.
I've got something to say....

I'm a psychic. This is EXACTLY the kind of game I was expecting tonight out of the Pens. So far, they have fallen right into the trap. Now they still have a period of hockey left to play, but I think last night's game took a lot out of them. Still though, it sucks being outplayed by the (now) 2nd worst team in the NHL.
Old 01-14-2010, 10:24 PM   #9940
steelpride12
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 5713

I wish we could find a way to at least win two games in a row, but I guess that is too much to ask for from them anymore in this slump. Well I guess a 1 in 13 team is just desperate.

A Malkin goal would be nice.
Closed Thread