Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 04-30-2007, 04:49 PM   #91
silver & black
Team President

Member Number: 1836
Default Re: Randy Moss To The Patriots?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livinginthe past View Post
FWIW I think the Raiders made the only decision they could - Moss clearly only wanted to sign for the Patriots even though GB may have offered better draft pick compensation.

I heard that New England offered a 6th initially and then reached a compromise of a 4th.

If the Oakland D performs aswell this year I think you can add 4 games to the win total - but then alot depends on Kiffin - he looked awfully young and nervous during the draft press conferences.

I think this move is a winner for both teams - simply because Moss will not be productive on that Raiders team.
The Raiders did the only thing they could. If every fan of another team would put themselves in our shoes, what would you do?

Randy Moss made it clear that he did not want to play in Oakland. Therefore, he would have been just as unproductive this year as he was last year. He would also have continued to be a cancer in the locker room. A new coach doesn't need that kind of distraction.

He also was getting 9+ million this year.... would any of you pay him that kind of money to disrupt your team while sitting on the bench?

I, and all of Raider Nation realize that a 4th round pick was/is ridiculous for a talent like Moss. Somtimes, you just have to cut your losses and continue on. This was one of those times. If this situation was going on on any of your teams, you would see it differently, I'm sure.

What did the Raiders gain? They gained $8 million in cap room. They can now pay Derrik Burgess and Nnamdi Asomuagh what they are worth. They can start fresh with a great draft, a new coach and coaching staff, without the distraction of the cancer which was Randy Moss. I think the Raiders gained a hell of a lot for a 4th round pick!

I'm sorry it was the Patriots that got him, but, beggars can't be choosers. Moss HAD TO GO! We would have been just as happy to give him to the Steelers, or anyone else... Good riddance!

If everyone is so worried about Moss being in New England and just handing the Lombardi to them... Go out and kick their ass! They aren't unbeatable, no matter what the "experts" say!
silver & black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 05:04 PM   #92
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver & black View Post
The Raiders did the only thing they could. If every fan of another team would put themselves in our shoes, what would you do?

Randy Moss made it clear that he did not want to play in Oakland. Therefore, he would have been just as unproductive this year as he was last year. He would also have continued to be a cancer in the locker room. A new coach doesn't need that kind of distraction.

He also was getting 9+ million this year.... would any of you pay him that kind of money to disrupt your team while sitting on the bench?

I, and all of Raider Nation realize that a 4th round pick was/is ridiculous for a talent like Moss. Somtimes, you just have to cut your losses and continue on. This was one of those times. If this situation was going on on any of your teams, you would see it differently, I'm sure.

What did the Raiders gain? They gained $8 million in cap room. They can now pay Derrik Burgess and Nnamdi Asomuagh what they are worth. They can start fresh with a great draft, a new coach and coaching staff, without the distraction of the cancer which was Randy Moss. I think the Raiders gained a hell of a lot for a 4th round pick!

I'm sorry it was the Patriots that got him, but, beggars can't be choosers. Moss HAD TO GO! We would have been just as happy to give him to the Steelers, or anyone else... Good riddance!

If everyone is so worried about Moss being in New England and just handing the Lombardi to them... Go out and kick their ass! They aren't unbeatable, no matter what the "experts" say!
Im not 100% sure if you know I was agreeing with what the Raiders did?

I certainly wouldn't have kept him if I were in charge of that particular decision.
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 05:09 PM   #93
Preacher
Living Legend

Member Number: 16327

HEY... S&B...

Guess what... Your team may start making some headway...

Now they just have to keep thier owner away from making any personnel decisions for a few years... and you all may be back on track...

And it seems your coach sure pulled a nice draft out of his hat... and a 4th for Moss... hey.. that is like taking some bad tasting medicene to get rid of a cold... it tastes bad for the moment... but tomorrow... you will sure be glad you took it!!!

and who better to give that cold to then the Patriots!!!
Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 05:18 PM   #94
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

This is definitely a win/win for both teams imho. I can't stomach Mandy Ross but with Brady throwing the pigskin to him, he is almost certain to return to being the kick-arse wideout he was a few years back with the Vikes, as long as he keeps his yap shut and realizes that the team isn't all about HIM, which I'm sure Belichick will expect......no......demand of him.

The way I look at it, s&b - he's someone else's headache now.

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 05:37 PM   #95
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984

Quote:

Randy Moss made it clear that he did not want to play in Oakland. Therefore, he would have been just as unproductive this year as he was last year. He would also have continued to be a cancer in the locker room.
S&B, you guys did the only thing you COULD do. We had to deal with much the same situation with a poor man's version of Moss 2 offseasons ago, and again, we did the only thing we could do in that situation - cut him loose.
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 05:37 PM   #96
silver & black
Team President

Quote:
Im not 100% sure if you know I was agreeing with what the Raiders did?

I certainly wouldn't have kept him if I were in charge of that particular decision.
I know you were agreeing LITP. I just got some stuff off my chest in that post.
Old 04-30-2007, 05:39 PM   #97
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984

Quote:
Originally Posted by HometownGal View Post
This is definitely a win/win for both teams imho. I can't stomach Mandy Ross but with Brady throwing the pigskin to him, he is almost certain to return to being the kick-arse wideout he was a few years back with the Vikes, as long as he keeps his yap shut and realizes that the team isn't all about HIM, which I'm sure Belichick will expect......no......demand of him.

The way I look at it, s&b - he's someone else's headache now.
Yep, this will be a test for Moss - if he's serious about wanting a ring, that is. No more half-assing it on plays where you're not the primary WR, Randy (among other things).
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 05:49 PM   #98
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Quote:
I know you were agreeing LITP. I just got some stuff off my chest in that post.
Heh heh cool
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Old 04-30-2007, 05:52 PM   #99
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by fansince'76
Yep, this will be a test for Moss - if he's serious about wanting a ring, that is. No more half-assing it on plays where you're not the primary WR, Randy (among other things).
Moss simply wont last unless he plays to his potential, cuts out all those bad habits like the ones you mention.

The Patriots gave up a 5th rounder for Gabriel, which seemed like a good decision at the time - but the moment he stepped out of line (who knows what he actually did) he was cut with out mercy.

Gone - just like that - and thats when we struggling badly for WR talent.

Moss has two options.

1. Play to his potential.
2. Play for someone else.

There isn't any middle ground the way I see it.
Old 04-30-2007, 06:42 PM   #100
silver & black
Team President

Quote:
Moss simply wont last unless he plays to his potential, cuts out all those bad habits like the ones you mention.

The Patriots gave up a 5th rounder for Gabriel, which seemed like a good decision at the time - but the moment he stepped out of line (who knows what he actually did) he was cut with out mercy.

Gone - just like that - and thats when we struggling badly for WR talent.

Moss has two options.

1. Play to his potential.
2. Play for someone else.

There isn't any middle ground the way I see it.
Gabriel is in for a surprise if he thinks he is going to pull that crap with Kiffin. The days of players running things are at an end. Like the Patriots, it will no longer be tollerated with the Raiders. Moss was the first example.