Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 10-05-2006, 11:30 AM   #1
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 9,654 Times in 4,010 Posts
Default Gay, right wing, child molesting, alcoholic congressman

(r.)mark foley. so whats up with this guy?

http://www.cnn.com/2006/POLITICS/10/...ley/index.html

ok. he didnt actually molest anyone, but you ever see the many episodes of Dateline's "to catch a predator"? it was only a matter of time. dude was practically an invite and a doorstep away from michael jacksondom.

what gets me is the lack of outrage from the g.o.p. that would be there if this were a democratic liberal pulling this stuff. i understand the outrage of the president getting a bj (from a consenting adult who was a member of the opposite sex) and lying about it., but isnt a man wanting to suck the dick of a little boy considerably worse?

sure the democrats will be outraged, and the leftist media is making this a main topic in the news recently, but i have yet to see the witch hunt that would exist if he were a lefty. from what ive seen, this is a big, moral, quality of leadership (regardless of party) and societal issue. yet the focus is trying to be shifted to the democrats who are being accused of making this a political issue.

of course the right cant act too concerned. after all their people dont do this type of stuff. elections are coming up and the g.o.p. leaders have ignored this mans actions and swept the issue of him acting inappropriately towards these pages for quite some time. however i feel the outrage and disgust should be the same regardless of party affiliation.

i mean after all, wasnt everybody sickenned the same by that john mark carr character who fantasized about molesting jon benet ramsey, regardless of how they voted? isnt everybody equally turned off on the programs where they bust the predators showing up to minors houses, regardless of party lines?
tony hipchest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 02:18 PM   #2
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413
Default Re: Gay, right wing, child molesting, alcoholic congressman

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
i feel the outrage and disgust should be the same regardless of party affiliation.
I agree with your statement above, Tony, but I disagree with the theory that the GOP is trying to sweep this situation under the rug. On the contrary, I believe the GOP wants to get all of the facts surrounding this incident straight and all investigations completed before making any type of definitive statement or decision regarding Foley, Hastert and/or anyone else rumored to be involved in this debacle. There are more rumors flying around right now than Ted Kennedy has chins. The matter will be addressed before the House Judiciary Committee and the FBI has been called in to investigate. I, too, want to wait until all of the facts are out before condemning anyone here other than the perpetrator, Mark Foley. As it stands, we have a "he said/he said" controversy between Hastert and Kirk Fordham as to when Hastert was made aware of the situation. I am hoping for a swift and thorough investigation so that this disgusting and vile matter can be resolved. I am not looking at this situation from a party standpoint - I'm looking at it as a human being who is totally outraged and disgusted over former Rep. Foley's vile and perverted behaviors and actions involving minor pages. Whether the perpetrator of such a deviant crime is a hobo who lives under a bridge or the creme de la creme holding a government office - he should be thrown in a jail cell and the key thrown away. Personally, I would also favor a castration, but that's not overly "politically correct" of me. If it turns out that Dennis Hastert or anyone else in his office and/or any other governmental agency knew well in advance of Foley's deviant behaviors, they should also be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 02:58 PM   #3
tony hipchest

Quote:
but I disagree with the theory that the GOP is trying to sweep this situation under the rug. On the contrary,
great points HTG. whether the GOP was warned this was going on or not, i think we all know they would be the last ones to "out" one of their own party, even if they were the 1st ones to know. you gotta think being gay is considered associated more with being liberal and kind of contradicts many conservative Christians views.
Old 10-05-2006, 02:59 PM   #4
augustashark
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 900

Quote:
Originally Posted by HometownGal View Post
I agree with your statement above, Tony, but I disagree with the theory that the GOP is trying to sweep this situation under the rug. On the contrary, I believe the GOP wants to get all of the facts surrounding this incident straight and all investigations completed before making any type of definitive statement or decision regarding Foley, Hastert and/or anyone else rumored to be involved in this debacle. There are more rumors flying around right now than Ted Kennedy has chins. The matter will be addressed before the House Judiciary Committee and the FBI has been called in to investigate. I, too, want to wait until all of the facts are out before condemning anyone here other than the perpetrator, Mark Foley. As it stands, we have a "he said/he said" controversy between Hastert and Kirk Fordham as to when Hastert was made aware of the situation. I am hoping for a swift and thorough investigation so that this disgusting and vile matter can be resolved. I am not looking at this situation from a party standpoint - I'm looking at it as a human being who is totally outraged and disgusted over former Rep. Foley's vile and perverted behaviors and actions involving minor pages. Whether the perpetrator of such a deviant crime is a hobo who lives under a bridge or the creme de la creme holding a government office - he should be thrown in a jail cell and the key thrown away. Personally, I would also favor a castration, but that's not overly "politically correct" of me. If it turns out that Dennis Hastert or anyone else in his office and/or any other governmental agency knew well in advance of Foley's deviant behaviors, they should also be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

Good post. See HTG we have alot in common.

I will wait awhile before I jump in on this.
Old 10-05-2006, 03:21 PM   #5
augustashark
Assistant Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
great points HTG. whether the GOP was warned this was going on or not, i think we all know they would be the last ones to "out" one of their own party, even if they were the 1st ones to know. you gotta think being gay is considered associated more with being liberal and kind of contradicts many conservative Christians views.
"We all know"! Just look at HTG'S post and that shows that we all don't agree. Some people will think the same as you and there are some of us who believe as HTG does.

Your last sentence?????? It does not add up.
Old 10-05-2006, 03:29 PM   #6
augustashark
Assistant Coach

Also Tony, shame on you for putting "Right Wing" in the title......If anything this guy was a moderate. Seems like you are pulling this into a Democrat Republican thing.
Old 10-05-2006, 03:31 PM   #7
Jeremy
Banned

Member Number: 2579

Quote:
Originally Posted by augustashark View Post
Also Tony, shame on you for putting "Right Wing" in the title......If anything this guy was a moderate. Seems like you are pulling this into a Democrat Republican thing.
Dennis Hastert is doing that already. Just today he accussed Bill Clinton of planting spies to gather dirt of Foley to sabotage the midterm elections.
Jeremy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 03:34 PM   #8
Mosca
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 1751

I'm as Democratic as they come, and I think there is more than enough blame to go around once or twice to both parties. ANYONE who knew about this guy and let it continue is culpable. My guess is that there was some CYA going on; "You don't tell about me, I won't tell about you." Is there anyone here who DOESN'T think there aren't a few dozen more guys like him, both gay AND straight, preying on both male AND female pages?

The part I really like is watching the far right wing reactionary conservative media like Limbaugh and Hannity try to spin this away from the issue (pedophilia and abuse of power) to the timing of the revelation. Oh, come on. Like the Reps wouldn't have made it an issue if the guy'd been a Dem.... HELLO! REPUBLICAN PARTY! IF YOU DON'T WANT IT TO BE AN ELECTION ISSUE, REVEAL IT YOURSELVES SOMETIME IN THE SPRING!

Seriously, this is a very out of character strategic and tactical misstep for a party that has been really spot on in manipulating public opinion. The Reps just don't know which bricks to prop up next, they're all crumbling, all over.

Tom
Mosca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 03:35 PM   #9
tony hipchest

Quote:
Originally Posted by augustashark View Post

Your last sentence?????? It does not add up.
ok we'll try it using your math then. is being gay typically concerned as a "liberal" or "conservative" lifestyle?
Old 10-05-2006, 03:38 PM   #10
augustashark
Assistant Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post
Dennis Hastert is doing that already. Just today he accussed Bill Clinton of planting spies to gather dirt of Foley to sabotage the midterm elections.
Yea, Hastert is the only one doing it.