Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 10-05-2006, 08:42 PM   #11
wadester47
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 2745
Default Re: Donnie Shell Hall of Fame

Donnie shell, owned the Cowboys . He did his job he was a nice human being, he was a steeler. He will get in.
wadester47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 09:33 PM   #12
MattsMe
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 2044

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumo View Post
Let me ask you something else -- do you think he was the forgotten one because he was the last one of that great defense to retire? -- by the time he came up for consideration, they had already handed out so many to that defense, that he gets overlooked...
That would be my guess. Also, the HOF is very biased, it's much easier for an offensive player to get in.
MattsMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 08:02 AM   #13
Indy_Steelers
Team Captain

Member Number: 1117

A friend showed me an article when the last HOF vote went around and and the article quotes some one as saying there are too many Steelers from that team already so that writer was not going to vote for any more. The context was, why was L.C. Greenwood overlooked again? If that is somone's criteria for voting they sould lose their vote and be fired! If a player is good enough to be in, PUT THEM IN!!!!!! There sould be alot of players from the Steeler's '70s team. The core of that team won 4 SUPER BOWLS!!! My perhaps bias opinion is that there is not enough. Lastly, why isn't Rod Woodson in the HOF?
Indy_Steelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 08:30 AM   #14
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

Personally, I feel the entire starting Steelers D from that era should be inducted. I don't give a rat's schmoo what the sports media thinks as far as the Cryboys or the 85 Bears having the best defense ever - none of those players could make a hair on Shell's, LC's (or any of their teammates) behinds. HOF nominations in the last 15 years or so have turned into a gigantic suckfest instead of what getting into the Hall was intended to represent.

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 11:03 AM   #15
sumo
Team Captain

Member Number: 3047

Quote:
Originally Posted by HometownGal View Post
Personally, I feel the entire starting Steelers D from that era should be inducted. I don't give a rat's schmoo what the sports media thinks as far as the Cryboys or the 85 Bears having the best defense ever - none of those players could make a hair on Shell's, LC's (or any of their teammates) behinds. HOF nominations in the last 15 years or so have turned into a gigantic suckfest instead of what getting into the Hall was intended to represent.
In '84 I was living in LA and I went to see the Steelers play the Raiders at the Coliseum Donnie Shell -- even though he was at the end of his career, he was still playing at a high level - the Raiders were favored in that game, but the Steelers needed the win to get into the playoffs -- Shell was hitting everything that moved and had a key ineterception in the end zone that sealed the win ... I remember thinking at that game that he would be the last one from the deffense to make it to the HOF -- here we are 20 years later and he's still not in.... -- makes no sense -- all the debates are over the poor little Cowboys, Art Monk, etc -- shut up and put Donnie in this year!! -- and LC the following year -I think all the Steelers that are in should do the same thing for Donnie and LC that Swann did for Stallworth
sumo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 11:20 AM   #16
Indy_Steelers
Team Captain

Member Number: 1117

It makes me wonder if they will keep The Bus out.
Indy_Steelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 11:26 AM   #17
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovejoy71 View Post
It makes me wonder if they will keep The Bus out.
No way, no how. I really do believe the rumors sometimes that a few of the Steel Curtain defense players weren't nominated or inducted because there are "too many Steelers" already there, which I think is a total crock of shart. This is a new Steelers era and I think The Bus will be inducted the first time around - he's literally a shoe in.

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 11:43 AM   #18
LambertLunatic
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 2563

Quote:
Lastly, why isn't Rod Woodson in the HOF?
I'm not sure if he's eligable yet, is he? There's no way that Woodson will be left out.

Although I agree that Shell deserves to be in the HOF, the biggest oversight so far (in my always correct opinion) is Dermonti Dawson. He's even more deserving than Shell, which is saying a lot.
LambertLunatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 12:02 PM   #19
sumo
Team Captain

Member Number: 3047

Quote:
Originally Posted by LambertLunatic View Post
I'm not sure if he's eligable yet, is he? There's no way that Woodson will be left out.

Although I agree that Shell deserves to be in the HOF, the biggest oversight so far (in my always correct opinion) is Dermonti Dawson. He's even more deserving than Shell, which is saying a lot.
Dawson is definetly up there too... I think that he and Woodson will probably get in - just because they are more recent and still fresh in the voters' minds
sumo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 02:16 PM   #20
PisnNapalm
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 1225

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovejoy71 View Post
Lastly, why isn't Rod Woodson in the HOF?
Woodson retired after the 2003 season. He won't be eligible until 2008.