Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Blast Furnace

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 07-15-2005, 11:59 AM   #11
Blitzburgh55
Starter

Member Number: 481
Default Re: Patriots are lucky!!!

there not that lucky even i would like to think that any macth we play with new england will be close

Cant Touch This
A New Year. A New Ring. A New Hand.
Blitzburgh55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2005, 01:02 PM   #12
Dirtywater
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 434

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironcitychef
Alright then as a Pats fan, what is your take on asking Troy to do double duty, then leave him hanging come contract time? Who deserves the money more than Troy on your team?

Yeah, he was so hurt that he turned down more money to come back to the Pats. At least do 1 minute worth of fact checking before you make a weak arguement.
Old 07-15-2005, 01:04 PM   #13
Dirtywater
Draft Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironcitychef
We only asked Plax to play offense and he was only 2nd tier at that. You asked Troy to do everything and he over preformed. Don't think they are really the same thing. In fact I bet Randle El and Ward if and when they get extended will be glad we didn't waste money on Plax.

Ahh my favorite. Revisionist history.

BeforePlax Left:

He is great! He is a number one receiver! He is so underrated!

After Plax Left:

He was only 2nd tier! He wasn't a number 1 recevier! He wasn't worth the money!

Keep 'em coming. I love how easily you guys change your tunes and back off supporting guys once they leave. :D
Old 07-15-2005, 01:26 PM   #14
clevestinks
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 302

Not so fast! I can`t remember anyone saying that Plax was anything but a number 2 receiver. And Like every team , you root for your team know matter who is on the field. Plax was never a fan favorite here. He was lazy, didn`t have great speed, and his hands are just a luittle better than average. With that said, if it were Hines Ward who had left for NY, you wouldn`t here any of us saying he was terrible or overrated. Kendrell Bell also. We thought he was great here, but injury prone. we, at least I didn`t want him to leave, he is something special when healthy. I don`t think anyone here would rag on him. Burress was a bad example on your part. If troy Brown was a lazy jerk, who always complained, you wouldn`t be sorry when he got cut. It s players like Burress that make you appreciate the Wards and Browns of the league even more.
Old 07-15-2005, 01:33 PM   #15
Dirtywater
Draft Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevestinks
Not so fast! I can`t remember anyone saying that Plax was anything but a number 2 receiver. And Like every team , you root for your team know matter who is on the field. Plax was never a fan favorite here. He was lazy, didn`t have great speed, and his hands are just a luittle better than average. With that said, if it were Hines Ward who had left for NY, you wouldn`t here any of us saying he was terrible or overrated. Kendrell Bell also. We thought he was great here, but injury prone. we, at least I didn`t want him to leave, he is something special when healthy. I don`t think anyone here would rag on him. Burress was a bad example on your part. If troy Brown was a lazy jerk, who always complained, you wouldn`t be sorry when he got cut. It s players like Burress that make you appreciate the Wards and Browns of the league even more.

Well, I used to frequent other Steelers forums before here, and they sure let me know how 'awesome' and 'great' Plax was. Hey, even I think he is a damn good receiver. Maybe this is the black hole of Steelers forums, but that was my impression. Point taken though.

I do have to say, this is the best Steelers forums online. You guys at least are willing to discuss an issue.
Old 07-15-2005, 05:36 PM   #16
clevestinks
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 302

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtywater
Well, I used to frequent other Steelers forums before here, and they sure let me know how 'awesome' and 'great' Plax was. Hey, even I think he is a damn good receiver. Maybe this is the black hole of Steelers forums, but that was my impression. Point taken though.

I do have to say, this is the best Steelers forums online. You guys at least are willing to discuss an issue.
I wil agree that Mike does have a nice forum here, the best.
Old 07-15-2005, 06:27 PM   #17
Dirtywater
Draft Prospect

Here are some comments from Mean Joe Greene about the Pats:

Quote:
"This last team (2004 Patriots) reminded me of our 1979 club," Greene said. "I?m talking about veterans who knew how to win regardless of what they encountered. That was like our last two championships."
The 1979 Steelers beat the Rams, 31-19, in Super Bowl XIV.
"We came to play every game," Greene said, "but you never knew how well you were going to have to play to win. Whatever ?good enough? was, that?s what we were. Some weeks ?good enough? had to be better than the week before.
"Watching the Patriots in the playoffs against Pittsburgh and Philadelphia, I saw a veteran team that knew how to win. They have good generalship. The guys know how to play. This is a team with guys on the football field knowing what to do. They are guys who can take charge and they have the coaching, too. They were ready to capitalize on opportunities when the ball bounced their way and that?s what good teams do. When I played, my coaches told me ?You never know when you?re going to have to step up? and you?ve got to be ready to do that.
"Sometimes, you have four, five, or six people who always show up, but most of the time, that hat falls on somebody else rather than one of those guys. And that?s when you have a solid football team ?- when somebody else makes the big play."
Old 07-15-2005, 08:08 PM   #18
BengalBrian
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 428

Yep.. Time for 90% of NE fans to stop being fans since its downhill from here for a few years at least

**** the Steelers!
BengalBrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2005, 08:26 PM   #19
ericnie18
Water Boy

Member Number: 469

Mean Joe Greene Obviously Knows A Great Team When He Sees One.what A Class Act Just Like The Pats.
ericnie18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2005, 11:05 PM   #20
Dirtywater
Draft Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalBrian
Yep.. Time for 90% of NE fans to stop being fans since its downhill from here for a few years at least

Yet another classic. Where did you learn that line, from your big brothers here at the Steelers Forums?

Should I point out how empty your stadium was during your bad years? No, that would only cheapen my argument. See, I realize that every team has die-hard and bandwagon fans. You know when I realized that? When I was maybe 9 years old. It's called common sense genius.

In addition, I've been hearing the same old 'downhill' line going on 3 years now. What's happened in that amount of time? Look at my sig if you need a visual reference. The only constant is your team has been .500 or worse. Good try though commander.

Sit down son, this is a man's game.