Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Blast Furnace

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 07-16-2005, 02:00 PM   #31
Tha rock
Starter

Member Number: 406
Default Re: Patriots are lucky!!!

Theyre not to lucky going up aginst us game 1!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-16-2005, 02:01 PM   #32
clevestinks
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 302

What was the difference in the contracts that Brown did accept and the one he turned down? Just curious because he didn`t have as many teams knocking on his door as he probably thought. And like I said NewO for more money would not be a step up anyway. I am curious if he would have taken the same money from say Philly, or Indy, Pitts, or a team like Atl, where I think he would fit in nicely.
Old 07-17-2005, 01:27 AM   #33
ironcitychef
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 109

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livinginthe past
I dont believe that the internet was that popular a tool back then.
You mean they didn't have the internet five years ago? Don't tell me you thought you guys were the laughing stock only twenty years ago.

Oh, and Dirtywater, I can easily remember checking out Steelers boards on a sad, time consuming Prodigy connection well before '99. Born in '68 huh? Well I guess NE didn't have a reason to talk to other fans outside of Boston before the turn of the century. I'm also surprised that you think after a mere 49 posts you know the "real" me? Please you will be off this site sooner than me. Thats the other thing. We say you all are lucky to keep Troy, ask about how you think he got treated and you all go nuts. Tell us to mind our own business and that its the same with Plax(even though he signed with a different team?) Next time you want to cause trouble, you might want to start out in your own neighborhood. Yes, I thank you for admitting that livinginthepast, hardwork,tombrady, etc are feeble minded pats fans with this quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtywater
I know you're used to dealing with pushovers when it comes to Pats fans, but you've picked on the wrong guy.
But we started this board, and understand we will have to deal with fans living the moment with no appreciation of football overall. As for me, I can easily admit when I'm wrong, but I know I'm right when I smell PATS fans only hanging out in the BF looking for trouble. So bring your bettter than thou attitude, cause you only know what is possible for a NFL franchise cause we have already been there.
Old 07-17-2005, 01:40 AM   #34
Tha rock
Starter

Member Number: 406

All pasty fans are push overs!!
Old 07-17-2005, 04:40 AM   #35
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironcitychef
You mean they didn't have the internet five years ago? Don't tell me you thought you guys were the laughing stock only twenty years ago.

Oh, and Dirtywater, I can easily remember checking out Steelers boards on a sad, time consuming Prodigy connection well before '99. Born in '68 huh? Well I guess NE didn't have a reason to talk to other fans outside of Boston before the turn of the century. I'm also surprised that you think after a mere 49 posts you know the "real" me? Please you will be off this site sooner than me. Thats the other thing. We say you all are lucky to keep Troy, ask about how you think he got treated and you all go nuts. Tell us to mind our own business and that its the same with Plax(even though he signed with a different team?) Next time you want to cause trouble, you might want to start out in your own neighborhood. Yes, I thank you for admitting that livinginthepast, hardwork,tombrady, etc are feeble minded pats fans with this quote:

But we started this board, and understand we will have to deal with fans living the moment with no appreciation of football overall. As for me, I can easily admit when I'm wrong, but I know I'm right when I smell PATS fans only hanging out in the BF looking for trouble. So bring your bettter than thou attitude, cause you only know what is possible for a NFL franchise cause we have already been there.

Oh IronCity - your posts should have a health warning on them - im in stitches after your latest attempt.

Ok for the record - you keep wittering on about how its your board and you will post what you want - hey fine! I can recognise this - its says Steelers right there in the URL bar.

But what you must also realise my dear, dear Ironcity is that there is a section of it called the Blast Furnace - I believe rival fans have been known to post here.

You also say that we were lucky to keep Troy. I like Troy and was glad we could do a deal - but lets be honest the main thrust of the Steelers opinions on this issue were mainly trying to make out that the Pats were a miserly organisation - they were NOT genuinely concerned about a WR that could be making game changing plays against you next year - to insinuate any different is laughable.

I will sum you up briefly Ironcity, and believe me I dont think I need as many as 49 posts to form an opinion of your incredibly deep personality.

You take everything on here too personally - you can call me feeble-minded all you like I really couldnt care less because its a forum on a computer screen.

You talk about me like I came on here and stated over and over again that the 'Steelers suck - so there' - well I haven't......not once.

All I did was offer an opinion from a rivals point of view, but it seems all you want to hear is how the Steelers are best team to ever play football.

You keep chanting like a lucky mantra ' lets talk football' - but when we do - you cant handle it.

You should just be honest with everyone and say 'lets talk Steelers Dynasty'

For the record, you wont get many more open minded rival posters on here than Dirtywater and I, the problem is you have gotten too used to Browns and Bengal fans telling you they HATE YOU - with absolutely no rational thought or football talk.

Oh, and what exactly is the 'Football Overall' you quote in your post?

Is it, by any chance, a get out clause that you keep using to get out of difficult football debates? ie, The Pats may be great now, but we have won more SB's overall.

Because I will will tell you something now - you aint gonna win diddly this year based on 'Football Overall'

NM

Last edited by Livinginthe past; 07-17-2005 at 05:24 AM.
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2005, 10:24 AM   #36
ironcitychef
Assistant Coach
Supporter

oh my gosh, pickone dude. Was it lucky to keep Troy, was it poor organizational skills, quit moving. I just kept asking despite what the organization did, if as a fan you backed the decision after having a player go all out. That simple.
And its not my board, but it is a Steeler board so you gotta understand that you are on a uphill battle. You come in and post other facts about internet and definitions but never answer the questions until three pages later. Thats the biggest thing I hate about the Pat fans here. Quick to remind we won 3 out of 4 but it will be a day or so until I answer if Brown got jobbed after being a mvp type for the team. In the past or not, at least I don't beat around the bush where I stand. I've always said you get the title of last champ. Never said you posted Steelers suck, just that your currrent 3 are somehow better than our four or Dallas/SF five. For your overall, I just don't see how you can get upset because I don't pat you on the back like a fellow NE fan. Maybe if you really were concerned you would answer CS question about the difference in contracts. Would love to talk about that...
Old 07-17-2005, 12:09 PM   #37
Dirtywater
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 434

Quote:

Wow, my head is spinning. Way to stay on topic.

Look, I see you want to fight simply because I am a Pats fan. Cool, knock yourself out. I had a bizarre time talking with you, and you are the only Steelers fan here who starts crap with me. You epitomize the typical Steelers fan from other boards so we'll agree to disagree.

I wish you well but will refrain from being baited into useless arguements. If you ever want to talk football, all good good. Until then, find another Pats fan to fight in the sandbox with.

Cheers.

DW
Old 07-17-2005, 12:50 PM   #38
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478

Quote:
oh my gosh, pickone dude. Was it lucky to keep Troy, was it poor organizational skills, quit moving. I just kept asking despite what the organization did, if as a fan you backed the decision after having a player go all out. That simple.
And its not my board, but it is a Steeler board so you gotta understand that you are on a uphill battle. You come in and post other facts about internet and definitions but never answer the questions until three pages later. Thats the biggest thing I hate about the Pat fans here. Quick to remind we won 3 out of 4 but it will be a day or so until I answer if Brown got jobbed after being a mvp type for the team. In the past or not, at least I don't beat around the bush where I stand. I've always said you get the title of last champ. Never said you posted Steelers suck, just that your currrent 3 are somehow better than our four or Dallas/SF five. For your overall, I just don't see how you can get upset because I don't pat you on the back like a fellow NE fan. Maybe if you really were concerned you would answer CS question about the difference in contracts. Would love to talk about that...
As Dirtywater says it seems you are just intent on picking a fight without actually debating anything.
I am hoping that the latest Troy Brown - comment was a misguided attempt to wind us up?
Poor orgainisational skills? We have the best personnel decision makers in the league - closely followed by the Ravens.
The biggest things you HATE about pats fans here? This is where we see your true colours - I dont hate ANYONE on this forum - sure I may argue with them - but this last comment proves my earlier point - you take it all way too seriously.

regards

NM

Last edited by Livinginthe past; 07-17-2005 at 08:30 PM.
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2005, 02:02 PM   #39
clevestinks
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 302

I`m starting to believe that you guys are just on the wrong page. ICC is one of the smarter and well respected members here. I think the reason this has not ended is because you don`t understand each other. At least this is the Blast Furnace.

It is nice to see some old fashion debate , amongst knowledgable posters.
Old 07-18-2005, 10:47 AM   #40
ironcitychef
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Again, let me say that I didn't think that my original post would fire you two up like that, but you kept posting back in my direction. So I'll fire back. Despite how you read it, my original take on Brown is the same. He did all you guys asked plus more, was a horrible cap casuality(still believe if he was worth resigning you could have made something work in time), and deserved a better deal thus backing up the original post of the Pats are lucky to still have him. Sad that your turning it into internet message board history 101 and a psychatrist office that defined the "real" me lead to your confusion of my original post which only wondered if Troy would be as willing to pull double duty again this year. I am sorry I'm such a horrible Steelers/football fan to question the almight Patriots front office brain trust. Just in case you don't believe me...

I just don't see Trot laying it on both sides this year after getting left out in the off season the way he did. I think some NE players might think about it too with Seymour barking the way he is.

spelling error and all.