Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 10-09-2006, 10:05 AM   #11
Hines86Ward
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 2256
Default Re: We got exactly what we Deserved,.....

I think Cowher needs to start getting in people's faces like he used to. He just stands there on the sidelines with an angry look on his face. The playcalling is weak. Roethlisberger needs to move around like he used to instead of just standing there waiting for the hit. Marvel Smith is terrible, he got blown up all game last night. Ryan Clark just kinda runs around with no discipline, it's like a 4 year old in a soccer game. Najeh Davenport should get more PT, he looked alright last night. I like Parker's patience, he's been doing alright this year waiting for the hole to open. The WR's need to hold onto the ball. All in all, this might be a rough year for the Steelers. It all depends on the leadership of Roethlisberger. He's forcing the ball all over the place & isn't really looking downfield. There's still time left to get it together, but not much if the Ravens win tonight. But I'll still be here in my Hines Ward jersey, my terrible towel, & the rest of my gear.....

To all the bandwagon fans, quit hating. Go find another team......
Old 10-09-2006, 10:46 AM   #12
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,205 Times in 2,670 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoSlash27 View Post
Steel Czar,
I disagree 100%.
Rothlisberger is more than adequate. Our WRs are more than adequate. #3....okay, I agree with you on 3, but there are more options than just calling for a bigger back. If Fast Willie needs more help getting out of the backfield, get him more help. Build in some lead blocking, 'cuz I'm not seeing any.
Our secondary is more than adequate. You run a soft zone blitz that often you have to expect to get burned. This isn't a player problem, it's a play-calling problem. These guys you're denigrating as incompetent in the second half are the same exact ones forcing turnovers and sacks in the first half. They're still the same guys, they're just playing too soft.

IMO There is nothing wrong with this team that some offensive line adjustments can't fix.
gotta agree. offensive and defensive playcalling was piss poor in the second half. the flea flicker sucked as did the fake punt. it seems as if lebeau felt he got enough pressure on rivers in the first half to rattle him and render him ineffective for the rest of the game. he called off the dogs.

oh, and deshea did play perfect defense on the td he gave up.
tony hipchest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 11:48 AM   #13
wadester47
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 2745

I agree with hines86ward, great point- don't let the door hit you on the clevland onthe way out!
wadester47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 06:24 PM   #14
SteelCzar76
Banned

Member Number: 2498

Quote:
Originally Posted by HometownGal View Post
Saints be praised - another optimistic Steelers fan - I was starting to feel a little lonely around here.

It sickens me to death to hear some of these so-called fans ready to give up on a team 4 games into the season - there's a whole helluva lot of football yet to be played and anything can happen. I'm going to continue to proudly wave my Terrible Towel and have faith in my Steelers that they will turn it around and return to the level of play we all know they are very capable of.

Steelers fans have, for the most part, been spoiled for decades (not too many other teams out there who can boast that they've given to their fans what the Steelers have for such a long period of time) and I believe winning games, playoff games and championships has become more of an expectation to some of these fans. All teams have ebbs and tides and the Steelers are in an ebb right now. The issues presently surrounding this team are very fixable, but the team has to come together as one and turn itself around - no one can do it for them. We as fans have to be patient and support them as we would a member of our own family - after all, isn't the Steelers Nation an extended family?

C'mon Ma,.....i've repped this team since childhood and always will. But in my position i can't act like everything is all good when it's not. When we had our down times throughout the 80's,....i was there. When we lost to the Cowgirls in the big game,...i was there. (Hung my head in my terrible Towel).
When we wasted Bussy's prime and the hopes of an entire roster on Kordell for years,...i was there. I will ALWAYS be here and Bleed BLACK AND GOLD. The GREATNESS of this ORGANIZATION is what matters to me.
Ultimatley,....players, and coaches come and go,.... and will continue to do so long after all of us are gone. I stand for the STEELERS,....not particular players like MOST of the TRUE "bandwagon" fans we now have because of Ben,... and us winning another World Title.
Your right,.... our problems can and will be corrected. But it's likely too late now to make the neccessary changes we have to in regards to personel. I die harder than any i've ever known,....but i cannot disregard failure. I don't lose well.
I respect and enjoy your sheer optimism,...i consider you special. But as far as anyone else with any "read in between the lines" slick talk in this thread, they can.....well....let them use their imaginations. LOL

"Hail Caesar,........HAIL THE BLACK AND GOLD"
SteelCzar76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 06:31 PM   #15
stillers4me
Living Legend

Member Number: 2656

Quote:
Originally Posted by wadester47 View Post

I agree with hines86ward, great point- don't let the door hit you on the clevland onthe way out!
"We're not going to turn our backs on him," Ward said. "We're going to treat him like our brother. We're going to accept him back and be very supportive of him and help him get through this. In this locker room, he's still our quarterback."
stillers4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 06:37 PM   #16
Black@Gold Forever32
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 2290

Dude I'm with you SteelCzar. Just because a fan is critical of the Steelers doesn't make that fan any less of a fan or a bandwagon fan. My family is from Pittsburgh plus my grandfather played for the Steelers in the early 1950's. Yea I would like one of you blind homers tell me I'm not a true fan. I think SteelCzar makes a great point. Players and coaches come and go. But the Pittsburgh Steelers remain. So thats why I don't try to have to much an emotional attachment to one player or coach. I love Bill Cowher but its time for him to go. I don't want him fired. I think Cowher has earned the right to walk away on his own terms. I wish now that he would have announced his retirement when Jerome did. Its clear Bill doesn't have the same passion for the game and the team can pick up on that.

About Big Ben. I have been a fan of Ben since his days at Miami of Ohio. I wanted the Steelers to draft him bigtime. Still glad the Steelers did. But I thought Ben got way to much credit the last two years. So its only fair he recieves much of the blame when the team loses. Its the nature of the position. But for all of Ben's talk about how he wants to be one of the greats and a team leader. Well talk is cheap and actions speak louder then words.
Black@Gold Forever32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 06:39 PM   #17
Dook
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 906

But didn't we win the super bowl with these personnel last year?
Old 10-09-2006, 06:53 PM   #18
hardwork
Banned

Member Number: 342

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black and Gold Forever 32 View Post
tell me I'm not a true fan.
You ain't a true fan.
hardwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 06:59 PM   #19
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 5,802 Times in 2,682 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dook View Post
But didn't we win the super bowl with these personnel last year?
No - some personnel have left and others are wearing the same uniform numbers but are not playing at the same talent level as last year.

Leaving aside those who have left (Bettis/ARE/Hope), among those who currently are not playing at close to their playoff levels are Ward, Ben, Troy, Hartings, Porter, Whiz, and Cowher.

Larry Foote remains along with Casey Hampton & Clark Haggans a solid presence, but it otherwise is hard to point out anyone who currently appears to be playing at a high level or higher than they did last January.
Atlanta Dan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 07:05 PM   #20
Black@Gold Forever32
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 2290

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardwork View Post
You ain't a true fan.
And you are a punk ass bitch so piss off.
Black@Gold Forever32 is offline   Reply With Quote