Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Bucs

Old 10-09-2006, 07:35 PM   #21
SteelCzar76
Banned

Member Number: 2498
Default Re: We got exactly what we Deserved,.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black and Gold Forever 32 View Post
Dude I'm with you SteelCzar. Just because a fan is critical of the Steelers doesn't make that fan any less of a fan or a bandwagon fan. My family is from Pittsburgh plus my grandfather played for the Steelers in the early 1950's. Yea I would like one of you blind homers tell me I'm not a true fan. I think SteelCzar makes a great point. Players and coaches come and go. But the Pittsburgh Steelers remain. So thats why I don't try to have to much an emotional attachment to one player or coach. I love Bill Cowher but its time for him to go. I don't want him fired. I think Cowher has earned the right to walk away on his own terms. I wish now that he would have announced his retirement when Jerome did. Its clear Bill doesn't have the same passion for the game and the team can pick up on that.

About Big Ben. I have been a fan of Ben since his days at Miami of Ohio. I wanted the Steelers to draft him bigtime. Still glad the Steelers did. But I thought Ben got way to much credit the last two years. So its only fair he recieves much of the blame when the team loses. Its the nature of the position. But for all of Ben's talk about how he wants to be one of the greats and a team leader. Well talk is cheap and actions speak louder then words.

Don't trip BlackandGold,.......do you and disregard anyone whom would question your resolve and or allegiance. You (and hopefully anyone with any first hand knowledge of you) know's the deal. Most of the "Syrup on Sh#t,...makes pancakes" people (Wade, Stiller's 4me, 86 .....yeah i call names) are more than likely just Big Ben FANS that are sick because of the way he's playing.
And as far as Hardjerk,........he's always playing himself. With that said,....brush your shoulders off homey and let them address ME personaly and i'll finish it,......"Quicker than anything in your local Pharmacy"

"HAIL CAESAR,.......HAIL THE BLACK AND GOLD"
SteelCzar76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 10:00 PM   #22
Hines86Ward
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 2256

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCzar76 View Post
Most of the "Syrup on Sh#t,...makes pancakes" people (Wade, Stiller's 4me, 86 .....yeah i call names) are more than likely just Big Ben FANS that are sick because of the way he's playing.
I've been a fan since 91, when I started watching football.....You know, and all of the other true fans know that there has been a LARGE group of bandwagon fans since the 2004 season, and it got bigger when we won Super Bowl XL. Don't get me mixed in with them because I lived through O'Donnell, Kordell, TD Tommy & the rest of that era while half the bandwagon fans don't even know who those 3 guys are....
Old 10-09-2006, 10:30 PM   #23
stillers4me
Living Legend

Member Number: 2656

Yea...speak for yourself. I grew up in western Pa. in a very sports oriented community........I watched 5 Steeler SuperBowl wins and one loss. In my 47 years, I've seen the good, bad and ugly when it comes to my football team. I may have been busy for a few years raising a son on my own, and had a few priorities bigger than football games, but don't EVER call me a bandwagon fan. EVER. I may have the unfortunate fate of living in Sissynasti, but I'll die a Steeler fan. Not too bad for an old broad.

You've got a lot of nerve questioning other peoples "fan status". And it's ok if this new generation of Steelers brings on a whole new flock of fans. The wagons big enough for everybody.....even if they they aren't a walking encyclopedia on Steeler legends and lore. That doesn't make one person a better fan than another. If you only want to watch if they are winning....then I say go get direct tv 'coz you'll be rooting for a different team every year. Win or lose......they are MY Steelers.
"We're not going to turn our backs on him," Ward said. "We're going to treat him like our brother. We're going to accept him back and be very supportive of him and help him get through this. In this locker room, he's still our quarterback."
stillers4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 10:56 PM   #24
Hines86Ward
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 2256

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillers4me View Post
Yea...speak for yourself. I grew up in western Pa. in a very sports oriented community........I watched 5 Steeler SuperBowl wins and one loss. In my 47 years, I've seen the good, bad and ugly when it comes to my football team. I may have been busy for a few years raising a son on my own, and had a few priorities bigger than football games, but don't EVER call me a bandwagon fan. EVER. I may have the unfortunate fate of living in Sissynasti, but I'll die a Steeler fan. Not too bad for an old broad.

You've got a lot of nerve questioning other peoples "fan status". And it's ok if this new generation of Steelers brings on a whole new flock of fans. The wagons big enough for everybody.....even if they they aren't a walking encyclopedia on Steeler legends and lore. That doesn't make one person a better fan than another. If you only want to watch if they are winning....then I say go get direct tv 'coz you'll be rooting for a different team every year. Win or lose......they are MY Steelers.

I with you man, that other guy called us out. I'll be here win or lose. No matter what happens. I had the unfortunate fate of living in Da Nati for the past 10 years. I wasn't questioning your fan status, I know a true fan when I see one.....
Old 10-09-2006, 11:04 PM   #25
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

Hines, Stillers - I don't believe that Czar is calling either of you bandwagon fans - in fact, I think he means quite the opposite by his reference above. (Correct me if I'm wrong here, Czar) What I think he is saying is that we who are keeping the faith that the Steelers will turn themselves around (and Czar - you may as well put me at the head of that list) even with their less than stellar start to the season tend to "sugarcoat" what he and others view as the "reality of the situation". You two are both great fans - standing by this team through thick and thin - don't you ever lose that awesome positive attitude and your diehard support of our Steelers through its good times and its not so good. You both are a breath of fresh air around here, especially under the circumstances of this very young and thus far, difficult season. Like you, I feel privileged to call myself a fan of the classiest and one of the most successful franchises in NFL history, and whether they are 16-0 or 0-16, I'll be standing there right beside them cheering them on....and BELIEVING.

As I've stated in numerous posts today, I am an optimist, as well as a true believer in moving forward and leaving the past behind. While I don't believe any of us are blinded by "homerism" and can plainly see that the beginning of our season has been troubling, it is my opinion that continuing to belabor the negatives doesn't change the outcome of the game or event and is a waste of breath. Instead, I choose to believe that there is always room for improvement and reaching for a higher level of play. Sitting on your behind crying, moaning and gnashing your teeth over something that can't be taken back or changed is pointless and creates a negative and sometimes hostile atmosphere when instead, we should all be joining together as a Steelers nation and supporting the team that we all love. Just my three cents.

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 11:20 PM   #26
X-Terminator
Mr. Wrong
Supporter

Member Number: 2550

Let's see if I can make this short, sweet and to-the-point:

Bandwagon fans - Live to boo and bash rather than cheer and support, give up on the team when there are still TWELVE GAMES LEFT in the season, turn on players as soon as they have a few bad games and call for them to be benched (the "what have you done for me lately" mentality).

True fans - Don't.

It's really that simple

BTW - this is not meant to call anyone out. None of you fits my description of a bandwagon fan and I would never question your fan status. And I really do take great offense to being called a "blind homer" just because I choose to keep the faith rather than throw in the Terrible Towel. But hey - if standing by my team through thick and thin makes me a "blind homer," then so be it. At least when I wake up in the morning, I'll feel good knowing I was there to the bitter end.

Last edited by X-Terminator; 10-09-2006 at 11:41 PM.
X-Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 12:48 AM   #27
Preacher
Living Legend

Member Number: 16327

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Terminator View Post
Let's see if I can make this short, sweet and to-the-point:

Bandwagon fans - Live to boo and bash rather than cheer and support, give up on the team when there are still TWELVE GAMES LEFT in the season, turn on players as soon as they have a few bad games and call for them to be benched (the "what have you done for me lately" mentality).

True fans - Don't.

It's really that simple
Nice description. I absolutely agree. it is killing me that people are calling for Ben's head after 3 bad games... actually, bad SPOTS in 3 games.

Do I think there is still something wrong with him? yeah, he just doesn't look like he did. Am I positive for the Steeler's chances this year? No, I am neutral.

Will I be watching the game next Sunday with my Steeler colors? ABSOLUTELY!

BTW... After the last losing season... we were one loss away from two superbowl appearances. Thus, at the worst...Should we REALLY be that worried? NOPE...

As for this season, After all.. we are only 1-3. It IS still possible to make the playoffs this year.
Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 01:17 AM   #28
steeler dude
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 3223

lol nope ben will be ok ! O LINE has issues AND OTHERS TEAMS KNOW THAT WE HAVE NO POWER back I LIKE #39 parker but lets face it we need a rb with power aswell maybe davenport has it ? he did ok in miami and greenbay but parker has did well considering he only had like 380 yards in college , but i sure wouldnt have paid him what the steelers did
Old 10-10-2006, 04:57 AM   #29
Haiku_Dirtt
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 1645

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black and Gold Forever 32 View Post
Dude I'm with you SteelCzar. Just because a fan is critical of the Steelers doesn't make that fan any less of a fan or a bandwagon fan. My family is from Pittsburgh plus my grandfather played for the Steelers in the early 1950's. Yea I would like one of you blind homers tell me I'm not a true fan. I think SteelCzar makes a great point. Players and coaches come and go. But the Pittsburgh Steelers remain. So thats why I don't try to have to much an emotional attachment to one player or coach. I love Bill Cowher but its time for him to go. I don't want him fired. I think Cowher has earned the right to walk away on his own terms. I wish now that he would have announced his retirement when Jerome did. Its clear Bill doesn't have the same passion for the game and the team can pick up on that.

About Big Ben. I have been a fan of Ben since his days at Miami of Ohio. I wanted the Steelers to draft him bigtime. Still glad the Steelers did. But I thought Ben got way to much credit the last two years. So its only fair he recieves much of the blame when the team loses. Its the nature of the position. But for all of Ben's talk about how he wants to be one of the greats and a team leader. Well talk is cheap and actions speak louder then words.
Czar was harsh on Deshea. Given the height disadvantage he almost saved the night. Townsend is one of the brighter lights - it's not his fault he is short.

"Its clear Bill doesn't have the same passion for the game"

YES. IT'S NOT CLEAR. I don't doubt that he has the passion. But does he want to coach the Steelers for the next few years. Thanks to TO and all the other crap on Sportscenter they haven't found time for this lurking drama. But it's coming if it doesn't get resolved. And somehow I think you could see it in Cowher's face on Sunday night.

BnG...who has the credibility to coach this team out of this hole? Are we really going to start from scratch?

I was so f-ing wrong to think that Ken Whiz could do that. Right now. Unless we surrender to a rebuild.

If Cowher respects the Rooneys - which he does- then he can't wait until the offseason to decide. The MESSAGE needs to be sent loud and clear. Or else we will be in a good draft position.

It would be nice to know though.
Haiku_Dirtt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 05:11 AM   #30
Haiku_Dirtt
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 1645

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCzar76 View Post
Don't trip BlackandGold,.......do you and disregard anyone whom would question your resolve and or allegiance. You (and hopefully anyone with any first hand knowledge of you) know's the deal. Most of the "Syrup on Sh#t,...makes pancakes" people (Wade, Stiller's 4me, 86 .....yeah i call names) are more than likely just Big Ben FANS that are sick because of the way he's playing.
And as far as Hardjerk,........he's always playing himself. With that said,....brush your shoulders off homey and let them address ME personaly and i'll finish it,......"Quicker than anything in your local Pharmacy"

"HAIL CAESAR,.......HAIL THE BLACK AND GOLD"
Really. To question BnG as a Steeler man is just plain ole freaking stoopid. Pathetic.

How jazzed was it seeing Anthony Smith out there. Wrist tackle!!! Sheee**t. I know you lobby hard for him to start. With each game I see little reason to disagree anymore. At least fewer reasons.

Even though we lost Carter played his ass off. Benching Logan was the right call.

And Willie Reid... Dude we all pulled for you. Heal fast.
Haiku_Dirtt is offline   Reply With Quote