Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 10-10-2006, 05:43 AM   #31
Steel Pit
Banned

Member Number: 2140
Default Re: We got exactly what we Deserved,.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black and Gold Forever 32 View Post
And you are a punk ass bitch so piss off.
Here, Here, HERE NOW! LMFAO
Steel Pit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 05:56 AM   #32
Steel Pit
Banned

Member Number: 2140

Come on Steelers fans, lets not fight amongst ourselves. Let's not be envious of the QB in San Diego, or the WR's in Cincinnati. Those guys don't have any hardware and I wouldn't trade Ben or any of our WR's for those bums.

We all get frustrated with the team when they play like they're currently playing. Heck I cuss them up and down while watching the game but they're still my team and I love them. We just went through the MOST difficult portion of our schedule and I believe that WE'RE GOING TO BE ALRIGHT.

Pull out your schedules and look at our remaining games. There's absolutely no reason not to believe that we won't be the favorites in AT LEAST 10 of our remaining 12 games. These are very winnable games. As you all saw last night the Baltimore Ravens are HIGHLY OVERRATED. The Cincinnati Bengals have problems far beyond ours and their problems are not fixable. At least not this season. The Steelers are going to be alright. Let's just support them for the next 8-10 weeks and see where we stand after that.
Steel Pit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 09:26 PM   #33
Stlrs4Life
Tailgate Coordinator
Supporter

Member Number: 419

Philip Rivers was not the class pick of that draft. He folded like a tent when we kept the pressure on him. I don't care what QB was in there the 2nd half. You give any QB that much time, you are going to get burned.

It's not just Steeler Football, it's a way of Life! "I'm a Champion"
Stlrs4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 11:24 PM   #34
SteelCzar76
Banned

Member Number: 2498

Quote:
Originally Posted by HometownGal View Post
Hines, Stillers - I don't believe that Czar is calling either of you bandwagon fans - in fact, I think he means quite the opposite by his reference above. (Correct me if I'm wrong here, Czar) What I think he is saying is that we who are keeping the faith that the Steelers will turn themselves around (and Czar - you may as well put me at the head of that list) even with their less than stellar start to the season tend to "sugarcoat" what he and others view as the "reality of the situation". You two are both great fans - standing by this team through thick and thin - don't you ever lose that awesome positive attitude and your diehard support of our Steelers through its good times and its not so good. You both are a breath of fresh air around here, especially under the circumstances of this very young and thus far, difficult season. Like you, I feel privileged to call myself a fan of the classiest and one of the most successful franchises in NFL history, and whether they are 16-0 or 0-16, I'll be standing there right beside them cheering them on....and BELIEVING.

As I've stated in numerous posts today, I am an optimist, as well as a true believer in moving forward and leaving the past behind. While I don't believe any of us are blinded by "homerism" and can plainly see that the beginning of our season has been troubling, it is my opinion that continuing to belabor the negatives doesn't change the outcome of the game or event and is a waste of breath. Instead, I choose to believe that there is always room for improvement and reaching for a higher level of play. Sitting on your behind crying, moaning and gnashing your teeth over something that can't be taken back or changed is pointless and creates a negative and sometimes hostile atmosphere when instead, we should all be joining together as a Steelers nation and supporting the team that we all love. Just my three cents.

It seem's that you're one of the few that have taken my words in the proper context. In regards to those that i "called out" so to speak,......this was done because of what i perceived as you trying to "Check the Oil" of anyone whom does not agree with your opinions regarding personel. (This must be the case,...because there is no way you could have taken anything i said as giving up on this Organization,...Win, lose or Draw)
I'll state it one last time,
I (and many others) hold this "ORGANIZATION" and it's HONOR in the highest regard,.....not particular player's or coaches. The bottom line being,... if as a player or coach,.....you are not part of the solution, then you're a liabilty. And those (liabilties) are NEVER good for buisness. I for one do not believe in crippling WARRIORS by coddling them,.. (making excuse's for failure). If you want respect and or glory,.....you earn it,....then you will deserve it. "NUFF SAID"

"Hail Caesar,.......HAIL THE BLACK AND GOLD"
SteelCzar76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 11:29 PM   #35
stunta86
Banned

Member Number: 3034

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCzar76 View Post
1: As i have stated since he was at N.C. State and before the 2004 draft,....Philip Rivers is the TRUTH and was the BEST OF HIS CLASS.
2:We gave our,.... average passer with some "Backyard moves" "Quarterback" a roster filled with guest/Bum Wr's that can't get of jams, or get open. And even when they do, their hands and ability to run after the catch are less than average.
3:We no longer can run the ball effectively from a physical, wear down a defense standpoint. Bussy's productivity in this aspect used to protect us and Ben himself,....from himself. (Ben)
4: Our secondary WILL and does fold against any of the better passing teams in the League. How can anyone honestly dispute this ? (Little Kid voices) "Ike is GREAT,.... and Dshea isn't an undersized overachiever" Would you finally,....KNOCK IT OFF.

Bottom line,.....it's a matter of marginal personel. But this fall's upon the front office for lacking the forsight and resolve to correct these problems before they became such. (problems) However,....i REFUSE and simply cannot throw in the Towel,... and long for the day when this team is FINALLY upgraded in the Secondary, backfield and Receiving Corps. This is dishonorable and disgusting.

"Hail Caesar,......HAIL THE BLACK AND GOLD"
we never had a chance at rivers so what's the point of bringing him up?? yeah our secondary is highly overrated and will get owned by the better passers in the league
stunta86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 05:45 PM   #36
SteelersWoman
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 3077

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbalke View Post
i thought dashea's coverage on that touchdown was perfect. he could not have done anything more to prevent that pass.
Not to mention a 7 inch height differential...some things you just can't change--longer arm reach is one of them. Short of DeShea tacklin the guy and gettin flagged for it, there was not ONE thing more he coulda done--he executed well.