Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 10-10-2006, 07:42 AM   #11
stlrtruck
THE PRINCESS' Daddy
Supporter

Member Number: 2398
Default Re: So...uh...did you guys want to talk about the Chiefs?

The tragedy was that his team didn't win and like his losing QB, he wants a re-do. Unfortunately, this isn't the sandlot and re-do's aren't granted so he's going to whine about it.

As for this week's game, it's all about doing what we do! Playing smash mouth football for 60 minutes. Something we haven't done in the last 3 games!! But it's time for redemption and Damon Huard might be wishing he was back with the Dolphins by the time the D is finished with him! It will also rely on Big Ben to get back to basics and stop throwing the long ball and trying to Manning-ish and having that one quick strike!!

Take what the D gives him, use the 8 yard crossing routes to Miller or Holmes, have the O-line do a heck of a lot better job than what they've done.

60 Minutes, 53 Men, 6 Trophies,1 NATION. . .STEELERS NATION!!!
Sig courtesy of STEELAX04
stlrtruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 10:49 AM   #12
ExtonSteelFan
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 1867

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantStop85 View Post
This should be a close one. If the Steelers can't manage to pull this one out, they're in deep trouble.
This game is exactly what the Steelers need this week. My gut tells me that the Steelers turn everything around on Sunday. If that's the case then I think the Steelers are going to beat KC pretty badly. For one, Larry Johnson took quite a facemask this past Sunday and I don't think he's going to be 100% come gameday. He hasn't exactly been the force everyone expected him to be this year either so far. I'm sure alot of that could be due to the retirement of Willie Roaf but either way, I like our chances VERY much this week.
ExtonSteelFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 12:09 PM   #13
steelfan 92
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 2630

keys to the game.
-put 8 in the box to stop the run
-make mr huard beat us, which he can't
-pound da rock, willie needs at least 20 carries
-mix in the play pass
steelfan 92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 01:24 PM   #14
SteelerFanInCA
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 875

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBensBikeHelmet View Post
Is he going to play? Even if he was still concussed he would probably play better than lil' Ben...
Nice to see seahag fans are still bitter.
SteelerFanInCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 01:31 PM   #15
sumo
Team Captain

Member Number: 3047

We will win this one ...Whisenhut needs to go back to his play calling sheet from when Ben started his first game ....
sumo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 03:49 PM   #16
Black@Gold Forever32
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 2290

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantStop85 View Post
This should be a close one. If the Steelers can't manage to pull this one out, they're in deep trouble.
Oh hell yes if the Steelers drop this game against the Chiefs. The Steelers might as well start thinking about next year. Really when you think about the Steelers can not afford to lose anymore of their AFC games period. Back to the topic at head the Chiefs game. Well I'm not blind and I'm not going to pretend everything is well with the Steelers. I don't want to hear about last year and how the Steelers turned their season around. That was last year before all the crap that has happened since the Super Bowl win.

But the Steelers might have chance in this game since Trent Green is out and Larry Johnson might not play. But Damon Huard has done a solid job overall since taking over for Green. If Larry Johnson does play then it will be a much closer game. But the Steelers defense can not quit like they did in the 2nd half of the Chargers. Actually the whole team quit in my book. That 2nd half was a disgrace and the whole team should return their paychecks this week for their sorry quiting performance against the Chargers.

The Steelers offense might have their hands full against the Chiefs defense since the only thing consistent about the Steelers offense right now is the running game oh I should say Willie Parker since he is the only back touching the ball. Not that I'm complaining about that but Cowher is going to get Willie killed by the end of the year. But Ben aka Mr. INT Roethlisberger will keep this game close and probally the Steelers drop another game against the Chiefs. I can almost see it now. But I don't care whatever even if the Steelers finish at 1-15 they still are my team.
Black@Gold Forever32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 04:12 PM   #17
MACH1
Quest For Seven
Supporter

Member Number: 3236
Thanked 4,458 Times in 1,672 Posts

They should do well in this game as long as they don't find a way to give it away.
MACH1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 04:32 PM   #18
stgo
Water Boy

Member Number: 3231

we had a good chance to win this one.

If we blow this off, this season is over.
stgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 04:51 PM   #19
Steel_Bus_24
Team President

Member Number: 2886

I love my team to death and I was born with a terrible towel, but I'm not going to try and surgarcoat the Steelers perfromance either.

If the same zombies that played in the seconed half of the chargers game shows up to play the chiefs or anyone for that matter, they will recieve a spanking.

Your month off is over now Steelers!!!

A 110 percent effort will be needed from here on out to have a chance at the playoffs.

Its gut check time guys, will you rise or crumble???

I will never count the Steelers out until they are eliminated but, they have to show us signs against KC that they ae still playing for the post season and a championship. Becasue right now it looks like they just want to relish in their past victories.

I still have faith in them, but I want to see some signs here that they give a crap about this season.
Steel_Bus_24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 04:57 PM   #20
Black@Gold Forever32
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 2290

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel_Bus_24 View Post
I love my team to death and I was born with a terrible towel, but I'm not going to try and surgarcoat the Steelers perfromance either.

If the same zombies that played in the seconed half of the chargers game shows up to play the chiefs or anyone for that matter, they will recieve a spanking.

Your month off is over now Steelers!!!

A 110 percent effort will be needed from here on out to have a chance at the playoffs.

Its gut check time guys, will you rise or crumble???

I will never count the Steelers out until they are eliminated but, they have to show us signs against KC that they ae still playing for the post season and a championship. Becasue right now it looks like they just want to relish in their past victories.

I still have faith in them, but I want to see some signs here that they give a crap about this season.
I totally agree with you and good post. But by you saying this you will be called a bandwagon fan or not a true fan.
Black@Gold Forever32 is offline   Reply With Quote