Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 10-10-2006, 05:11 PM   #21
Steel_Bus_24
Team Owner

Member Number: 2886
Default Re: So...uh...did you guys want to talk about the Chiefs?

Its not like I'm going to quit being a fan of the Steelers if they have a bad season this year, I'll always be a Steeler fan, I couldn't even imagine me not being one.

But its not like I have to like it when they lose and are underperforming. As I said I don't think they're done yet though.

Also Known as SteelerSpartan
Steel_Bus_24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 06:14 PM   #22
Lyn
Banned

Member Number: 304

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel_Bus_24 View Post
Its not like I'm going to quit being a fan of the Steelers if they have a bad season this year, I'll always be a Steeler fan, I couldn't even imagine me not being one.

But its not like I have to like it when they lose and are underperforming. As I said I don't think they're done yet though.
If everyone would begin their posts this way, all would be good. It would simply be a fan who is unhappy with the current performance of their team, kinda like a parent who is disappointed with their child for the time being, but that does not mean they do not still love their child.

I think that because there are so many bandwagoners if you are a true, born & bred steeler fan you need to say so. True Steeler fans are all a lil upset right now with the poor play, but they will be a Steeler fan until the day they die. I also think they are more concerned with the health and well being of their young quarterback, not how well he can play, his health comes first.

just an observation,
Lyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 06:33 PM   #23
MattsMe
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 2044

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel_Bus_24 View Post

I agree, we don't have to like it when our team underperforms. Maybe if we were Browns fans, we'd be used to it. I've been a fan for over 20 years, and a 1-3 start, or even a 1-15 season, isn't going to change that. We're not out of the playoff picture yet though.
MattsMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 03:19 AM   #24
GoChiefs
Banned

Member Number: 3224

Larry Johnson IS playing, just to clear that up.

You guys will be, IMO, the toughest defense we have faced. I'm pretty doubtful about our offense's chances to even score as little as 14 points in this one. Our offensive line couldn't run block for shit the last two weeks. Pass protection has been much better, though.

I'm very, very doubtful about LJ's chances to get 100 yards this week, but most of all he just needs to stop fumbling. We can't afford any turnovers this week.

Defensively I'm much more optimistic. We've been feasting on bad offenses this year, and I think you guys might be the worst (LOL sorry). I think Ben is good for at least 2 INTs this week against our great corners. How are your OTs? Our defensive ends, Jared Allen and Tamba Hali, have been terrific. Hali has been a great draft pick so far.

This game might end in a 0-0 tie if no one turns the ball over, barring a special teams return. I'm only slightly exaggerating. How are your special teams? Ours are pretty much fantastic. Our punter is killing the ball, and our kicker is really coming into his own. Dante Hall looks great. Kickoff coverage is a slight weakness, but punt coverage is cake due to our STUD punter. He was well worth the third-rounder we spent on him.

Injuries? Chiefs will be without Green, LJ will play as I said. LT Kyle Turley might be back this week but HB Michael Bennett is still out. Our 4th CB is on the injured list, too. Other than that we are good.
GoChiefs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 11:09 AM   #25
redfriday
Water Boy

Member Number: 3242

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoChiefs View Post

You guys will be, IMO, the toughest defense we have faced. I'm pretty doubtful about our offense's chances to even score as little as 14 points in this one. Our offensive line couldn't run block for shit the last two weeks. Pass protection has been much better, though.

I'm very, very doubtful about LJ's chances to get 100 yards this week, but most of all he just needs to stop fumbling. We can't afford any turnovers this week.

Defensively I'm much more optimistic. We've been feasting on bad offenses this year, and I think you guys might be the worst (LOL sorry). I think Ben is good for at least 2 INTs this week against our great corners. How are your OTs? Our defensive ends, Jared Allen and Tamba Hali, have been terrific. Hali has been a great draft pick so far.

This game might end in a 0-0 tie if no one turns the ball over, barring a special teams return. I'm only slightly exaggerating. How are your special teams? Ours are pretty much fantastic. Our punter is killing the ball, and our kicker is really coming into his own. Dante Hall looks great. Kickoff coverage is a slight weakness, but punt coverage is cake due to our STUD punter. He was well worth the third-rounder we spent on him.

Injuries? Chiefs will be without Green, LJ will play as I said. LT Kyle Turley might be back this week but HB Michael Bennett is still out. Our 4th CB is on the injured list, too. Other than that we are good.
This will be a great game.
Is it Sunday yet?
redfriday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 12:13 PM   #26
SteelCityPride
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 1079

You know our guys will take it as hard on themselves as any fan could put it on them, they don't want to play as bad as they are. i was listening to some quotes from one of our lineman, I can't remember which one right now, but he was saying at this point everyone is going to need to put in the extra effort, no more lazy days in the training rooms and so forth, they will be out there with longer hours and poised to get this seaosn back on track. it seems like this may end up being another year where they feed off of the disrespect card. I am not playing this one way or the other, but you can tell the players feed off of this. I think the o-line is the group who will be hardest on themselves of the whole team. As a former lineman you pride yourself on the running game and keeping your qb's jersey clean. The o-line is gonna look good this week. I think willie is gonna have a willie type of day with mostly 1-4 yard carries and bust a run or two for 30-50 yards. I think Ben will start getting back on track witha moderate passing game, nothing substantial, but maybe one of his 16-22 pass attempt type of games, but I think his int's will be cut and he will finally get 1 or 2 in the end zone. I look for a tough game, maybe 17-10 in favor of my boys...
SteelCityPride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 12:44 PM   #27
STEELCRTN4EVER
Draft Prospect
Supporter

Member Number: 2828

Well said LYN, too many band wagoners. I am and will be a BLACK and GOLD fan until I die.

That said, I expect to see a very different game this week. I hope the offensive play calling is more STEELER football (I wasn't very happy last week with the play selection) and I hope execution is good. We definitely need the win and I still believe.

We are going to get to town on Friday night and leave Monday, hopefully we will meet some of you tailgating.

STEELERS 24 Chiefs 7
STEELCRTN4EVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 02:24 PM   #28
Cape Cod Steel Head
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 545

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoChiefs View Post

Our special teams? Well to put it mildly, they ain't so special!
Cape Cod Steel Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 02:37 PM   #29
GoChiefs
Banned

Member Number: 3224

I'm watching the Jags game right now. Gardocki looks pretty good.
GoChiefs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 02:53 PM   #30
ExtonSteelFan
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 1867

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityPride View Post
You know our guys will take it as hard on themselves as any fan could put it on them, they don't want to play as bad as they are. i was listening to some quotes from one of our lineman, I can't remember which one right now, but he was saying at this point everyone is going to need to put in the extra effort, no more lazy days in the training rooms and so forth, they will be out there with longer hours and poised to get this seaosn back on track. it seems like this may end up being another year where they feed off of the disrespect card. I am not playing this one way or the other, but you can tell the players feed off of this. I think the o-line is the group who will be hardest on themselves of the whole team. As a former lineman you pride yourself on the running game and keeping your qb's jersey clean. The o-line is gonna look good this week. I think willie is gonna have a willie type of day with mostly 1-4 yard carries and bust a run or two for 30-50 yards. I think Ben will start getting back on track witha moderate passing game, nothing substantial, but maybe one of his 16-22 pass attempt type of games, but I think his int's will be cut and he will finally get 1 or 2 in the end zone. I look for a tough game, maybe 17-10 in favor of my boys...
Good post. I agree with you on every point you made. It's time for this team to work hard and get back to the basics. Pound the rock and keep the passing game moderate. If it works well, I expect a win and I think that will be the spark this team needs to get back on track.

On a side note, I'll be at the game this Sunday cheering for the black and gold!
ExtonSteelFan is offline   Reply With Quote