Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 07-14-2005, 06:11 PM   #1
AllAmericanSteelerGirl#7
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 340
Default Dwayne Wade Beats Big Ben for ESPY

Dwayne Wade won over Ben Roethlisberger! Ben Roethlisberger was nominated for the "Best Breakthrough Performance" at the 2005 ESPY Awards. In his category were Dwayne Wade (Basketball-Miami Heat), Maria Sharapova (Tennis Champion-Won Wimbledon in 2004), Danica Patrick (IRL Driver-First Woman to become a pro IRL Driver), and Ben Roethlisberger (Pittsburgh Steeler QB-15 games undefeated as a Rookie). Dwayne Wade won this category. I don't agree with that, don't get me wrong, D. Wade is a great player, but I think Ben should have run away with this category and heres why....Maria Sharapova is a great tennis player who has accomplished so much at just the age of 18. She won the Wimbledon in 2004. Yea, she made it to Wimbledon, but Ben made it to the playoffs and so did D. Wade. Danica Patrick is very talented at what she does, (as are all of the nominees) but Danica hasn't won a professional race yet. She just drives professionally. Dwayne Wade is a talented basketball player, his team made it to the playoffs, as did the Steelers. He did great things in 2004, was a unanimous 2004 First- team selection. He was named the 2004 USA Basketball Team in the Olympic Games in Athens. But Ben had so many more accomplishments. Ben Roethlisberger was a rookie in his 2004 NFL Season. He was the Best Rookie QB the NFL has EVER had. He was one game away from the SuperBowl. Broke every record made by a rookie. He went 15 games UNDEFEATED as a rookie (which is a record). Had the nest passer rating for a rookie (98.1) and he was unanimously named the NFL Offensive Rookie of The Year. He also has a burger named after him (The Roethlisburger). He was selling the most memorabelia of any NFL Player. The only other rookie on the nominee list is Danica Patrick. I think Ben should have won this award without a doubt because no one was pulling for him to "breakthrough", they all had their minds set on Eli Manning, and Ben proved them all wrong. I think Ben deserved it more than D. Wade. Let me know what you think...:)

~AllAmer~

Last edited by AllAmericanSteelerGirl#7; 07-14-2005 at 06:46 PM.
AllAmericanSteelerGirl#7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 06:26 PM   #2
clevestinks
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 302
Default Re: ESPY Awards...Big Bens Nomination..

I think this is already posted somewhere?