Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Blast Furnace

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 07-14-2005, 07:01 PM   #1
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478
Default Utter Desperation

That is all I can see when I survey the mindless wasteland that is the Steelers forum.

I see posts referring to fabricated claims that NE sees themselves as the Americas Team - a ridiculous assertion and a blatant cry for attention from a desperate Steelers fan.

Lets stick to the facts shall we?

The Pats are thr reigning champions and are therefore ther best team in the league.

The Steelers are worthy challengers and should concentrate on the virtues of their own side before whining about percieved injustices about how rivals are viewed.

Regards

NM
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 07:18 PM   #2
clevestinks
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 302
Default Re: Utter Desperation

The Pats are thr reigning champions and are therefore ther best team in the league.

The Steelers are worthy challengers and should concentrate on the virtues of their own side before whining about percieved injustices about how rivals are viewed.

Regards

NM[/QUOTE]
I think this is what most of us our saying, I know I have. You do have to beat the man, to be the man. I don`t have a problem with that. I would like to know what you think we should talk about on a STEELER site. Do you think we should praise NE every chance we get? LOL Lets not forget that this is our site.
Old 07-14-2005, 08:54 PM   #3
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Hey no way.

Steelers fans should not be in any way forced into giving up too much respect for the Pats.

However it reeks of desperation when I see posts on here about two things

1. It dont matter what them dang Pats do for the next 10 years - the 70;s Steeler were the best Dynasty ever.

2. The Pats are a lucky side who have only achieved what they have as a result of biased officiating and the 9/11 disaster.

I expect the Steelers to big themselves up - jeez - I bet even the Brownies have got their rose coloured specs on in the pre-season

regards

NM
Old 07-14-2005, 09:38 PM   #4
LambertIsGod58
Team President

Member Number: 410

Well, it's true. NO MATTER what NE does for the next 10yrs, the 70's Steelers will always be the greatest football dynasty of all time. 8 Hall of Famers in 5 years of drafts. How many legitimate HOF canidates does NE have? Tom Brady is about it. And Belichick. The Steelers formed that team through the draft. NE has not.

"Life is a journey and you never arrive" Chuck Noll 1969-91
LambertIsGod58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 10:00 PM   #5
Dirtywater
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 434

Quote:
Originally Posted by LambertIsGod58
Well, it's true. NO MATTER what NE does for the next 10yrs, the 70's Steelers will always be the greatest football dynasty of all time. 8 Hall of Famers in 5 years of drafts. How many legitimate HOF canidates does NE have? Tom Brady is about it. And Belichick. The Steelers formed that team through the draft. NE has not.

Classic. I'm not here to debate whether you're prized possesion Dynasty is the best, but I love how you oh so conviently leave out the fact that you didn't have a cap, so you could keep those guys. Didn't build it through the draft? What are you talking about. We drafted virtually everyone, but in today's salary cap age, you can't build solely through the draft.

At least be fair with your spin. :D
Old 07-14-2005, 10:01 PM   #6
bigbensgirl7
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 292

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livinginthe past
Hey no way.

Steelers fans should not be in any way forced into giving up too much respect for the Pats.

However it reeks of desperation when I see posts on here about two things

1. It dont matter what them dang Pats do for the next 10 years - the 70;s Steeler were the best Dynasty ever.

2. The Pats are a lucky side who have only achieved what they have as a result of biased officiating and the 9/11 disaster.

I expect the Steelers to big themselves up - jeez - I bet even the Brownies have got their rose coloured specs on in the pre-season

regards

NM
1st off...esp. in this board...the fans give the Pats credit they deserve...they are the reigning champs, but are we as Steeler fans not allowed to optimistic about our chances to possibly take that title away from you next year???
Most of us don't have the attitiude that u seem to think we do. We, for obvious reasons, might not like the Pats, but we respect them and what they have acomplished. Of course, you are going to get your smack talkers...but your in the Blast Furnace for crying out loud (that's what it's here for)...if you don't like it go to the General NFL chat. And to tell you the truth...there are just as many trolls on this board posting meaningless crap from your fan base that have been rubbing it in this entire offseason.
Old 07-15-2005, 05:34 AM   #7
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

My point has already been proved on this thread alone.
Lambertisgod58 telling us that even if the Pats were to win the next 10 SB's then we wouldn't qualify as a better Dynasty than the mighty 70's Steelers with all their HOF's.

NE hasnt formed their team from a draft?

Cmon thats just plain daft - of course not all of our players have been drafted - its impossible to keep a succesful unit completely intact in the era of the salary cap.

As you so rightly point out - this is the blast furnace - so id say I was in EXACTLY the right place to air these views.

Dont worry im not crying into my beer at the thought of all the nasty Steelers fans not giving the Pats their props.

Regards

NM
Old 07-15-2005, 07:06 AM   #8
clevestinks
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 302

The point here is this. The Steelers of the 70`s are still the Dynasty that every team looks up to. Probably the best defense ever. Can we be knocked off, yes I believe so. It is a different era, and there will always be debate over who was best. Chuck Noll and company argueably had some of the best drafts ever. Can you win without free agency today, no. But it is a feather in Nolls cap that he did what he did in that day and age. Everyone has thier own biased opinion.

Oh yeah. Steelers our the greatest team ever.
Old 07-15-2005, 11:30 AM   #9
ironcitychef
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 109

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livinginthe past

NM
Just for the record...
It will matter what the Pats do cause they could easily become the best franchise. But since two teams have five SB trophies, and we have four, and the pats only have three, don't go counting things you don't have yet. And yes 4 in 6 is still the standard not by us, but by numerous football knowledgeble players, coaches, and media.
I don't believe in the 9/11 stuff towards the pats, but I will say the pats get the "Jordan" treatment by refs. I would like to ref: a post made by Peter King on Si.com when he pondered why if holding is one of those calls that could be flagged every play why the Steelers were flagged six times and the Pats none? Not crying cause you gotta play it the way the refs call it, but statiscally, it does seem to show a special treatment.