Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Community > Announcements

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 06-29-2006, 11:35 PM   #1
Prosdo
Banned

Member Number: 86
Exclamation Regarding User Reputation

I think it?s about time this topic is addressed. The reputation system is for fun. It is tool that we use to show someone we agree or disagree with a post. Just because you have a lot of rep points or a little bit of rep points doesn?t really change anything. As of late it seems the reputation system is causing some problems and a bit of controversy. I hope it calms down a little, because if it doesn?t then it will probably be removed for a while or even permanently. So, guys just remember it?s for fun and don?t take it too seriously.
Prosdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 11:46 PM   #2
HburgXL06
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 1504
Default Re: Regarding User Reputation

Says the girl wit 1333 rep points....lol. Just playin, I'll admit it good to see when someone gives you plus rep for a post. But in the end it's not like it has a great impact on life and the system shouldn't be used as a weapon against others (multiple neg reppin everyone of a single person's posts). This is all in fun so let's keep it that way!

BuFu

"Who said they was all tough? They ain't so tough! Smashmouth football baby! Pittsburgh style!" -Jerome Bettis #36 the BUS in 21-9 victory over Chicago Bears in 2005
HburgXL06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 11:56 PM   #3
Koopa
Living Legend

Member Number: 508

it only caused problems with one person but i ain't seen that person around lately lol
Koopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 12:04 AM   #4
Prosdo
Banned

Member Number: 86

It has actually been with a few so hopefully this post mellows it a little.
Prosdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 12:38 AM   #5
Lyn
Banned

Member Number: 304

A person would think anyone using brains would have it all figured out, that karma is for fun. More immature ppl would use it as a "popularity tool" which it definitely is not.

Message board bullys are a dime a dozen and of both genders.They try to control what everyone posts. They attempt to take people who are new to the board "under their wing", but only people they can control, and pay them all kinds of compliments via private messaging and a scattering of public atta boy posts and a salting of karma points. They do this so the person will do what they want they use then as "henchmen" for lack of a better word. They tell ppl they are thinking of the board, when in reality what they are doing dilutes the effectiveness of the board and we all know actions speak louder than words.
Karma Yes? Karma No? It really doesn't matter message board bullys will always be around just like the playground bullys. Noone unless it is a site OWNER or a site MOD will ever tell me what I can or cannot post.
Lyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 07:54 AM   #6
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Member Number: 2363

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyn
A person would think anyone using brains would have it all figured out, that karma is for fun. More immature ppl would use it as a "popularity tool" which it definitely is not.

Message board bullys are a dime a dozen and of both genders.They try to control what everyone posts. They attempt to take people who are new to the board "under their wing", but only people they can control, and pay them all kinds of compliments via private messaging and a scattering of public atta boy posts and a salting of karma points. They do this so the person will do what they want they use then as "henchmen" for lack of a better word. They tell ppl they are thinking of the board, when in reality what they are doing dilutes the effectiveness of the board and we all know actions speak louder than words.
Karma Yes? Karma No? It really doesn't matter message board bullys will always be around just like the playground bullys. Noone unless it is a site OWNER or a site MOD will ever tell me what I can or cannot post.

Exactly..Thats why I respect you and think your the Best on the board. I gave you rep points for your post and have private messaged you about all the people that I hate and the ones that I hope you and I can chase away.
Owning this Board is an intregal part of my plan for total world domination... and I know that you will agree that people are either with us or against us.
Anyone not noticing the sarcasm and light-heartedness meant in this post..MUST BE ASSIMILATED! Resistance,by the way, IS futile.
lamberts-lost-tooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 11:20 AM   #7
Black@Gold Forever32
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 2290

I love the rep system. But I never give negative rep points unless I feel that someone is acting like a complete fool and not posting anything usefull. But I won't even do that now. If I see a troll I'm just going to ignore them.
Black@Gold Forever32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 03:38 PM   #8
BlitzburghRockCity
Banned

Member Number: 70

Good thread Prosdo, thanks for posting it up !

Remember, rep points dont give you anything as far as "true" merit on a message board goes. Its fun to give and receive rep, hell I do it alot..but at the same time there are just as many occasional members that have alot of knowledge about the steelers, the nfl, etc. that maybe dont post too often, or just dont generally give out rep points, but their thoughts are just as important as someone who has 1,000, 2,000 + points of rep.

The true merit of an individual on a message board is found by reading his or her posts and finding out their thoughts and seeing what knowledge and whit they bring to the board to make it better.
BlitzburghRockCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 03:51 PM   #9
SteelerDan43
Banned
Supporter

Location: From Pittsburgh, currently going to school in Rochester
Member Number: 811

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyn

Your spot on. My thoughts exactally
SteelerDan43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006, 08:52 AM   #10
MyCuz64Furness
Team Captain
Supporter

Member Number: 2533

since I'm a newbie.....how do you see who gave you rep and if its good or bad.....If this is a stupid question sorry
MyCuz64Furness is offline   Reply With Quote