Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 10-14-2006, 04:22 AM   #1
SteelersFever
Founder

Member Number: 1
Default Nobody Boos 007

Title: Nobody Boos 007
Source: Steelers Fever
Author: John Smathers

Link: http://www.steelersfever.com/editorials/0665.html
SteelersFever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 07:43 AM   #2
stillers4me
Living Legend

Member Number: 2656
Default Re: Nobody Boos 007

Anybody that boos Ben right now is nothing but a fairweather fan.

I may utter an "aww Ben!" but he's the man.......Big Ben GodSend is in there somewhere and it's just a matter of time before he reemerges like the Incredible Hulk. He needs better support from the O line........and with the way the football gods are messing with both our O and our D this year, (frostbite????)it's going to be a looooonng season.

I will die with a terrible towel in my hand..........Here We Go, Steelers!!
"We're not going to turn our backs on him," Ward said. "We're going to treat him like our brother. We're going to accept him back and be very supportive of him and help him get through this. In this locker room, he's still our quarterback."
stillers4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 08:38 AM   #3
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 8,499 Times in 3,736 Posts

If the Steelers lose tomorrow and Ben throws 2 or more INTs IMHO you are going to hear a lot of people boo Ben.

A QB coming off a Super Bowl win has a lot of goodwill to be drawn down, but Ben zeroed out all the goodwill he had in the bank when he was in the wreck so many regarded as inevitable given his pig headed refual to ride an overpowered motorcycle without a helmet.

If I were at the game I would not boo Ben but at this point in the season I will not throw rocks at anyone who elects to do so.
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 09:19 AM   #4
floodcitygirl
Team Owner

Member Number: 1784

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillers4me View Post

I may utter an "aww Ben!" but he's the man.......Big Ben GodSend is in there somewhere and it's just a matter of time before he reemerges like the Incredible Hulk. He needs better support from the O line........and with the way the football gods are messing with both our O and our D this year, (frostbite????)it's going to be a looooonng season.

What she said!

Thanks to MeanJoe for surprising me with my new sig.
floodcitygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 10:24 AM   #5
19ward86
Head Coach

Member Number: 2717

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillers4me View Post

you hit it right in the face, even on this website ive heard some calling for charlie batch. but i have to say that big ben is our franchise QB and he will be the starter for the next 12 yrs at minimum, and the most important thing about that is that i trust him to be our starter, he gave us a taste of a superbowl that has been out of our mouths for 25 yrs(excluding 1995 since we lost). even if we dont make it this year i will be a true fan and keep my head up because the NFL is trying to keep us down but we will come back.
Old 10-14-2006, 11:10 AM   #6
siss
Team Captain

Member Number: 1611

I support our Qb 700000%. Ben version AFCC 2005 will show up soon.

Hell I'll i'll even take Ben version 2005. I heard he was pretty good!

He's ready, Steelers fans. His ordeal over, his return will be complete come Saturday in Arizona, when football again becomes the focus and a career briefly interrupted resumes.
~SI aticle 2006~

Last edited by SteelCityMan786; 10-14-2006 at 11:28 AM.
siss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 12:00 PM   #7
Btrice
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 3145

Ben needs some more confidence, he's gaining it, but too slowly. If I was Cowher I would call open season on him in practice, with some ferocity limits. Let him get hit a hundred times and realize that he WILL live through it. That will help fix his fear of getting hit and force him to scramble more if he doesn't want to get hit. Then after he catches his breath from all that; regardless of what HE feels he needs to do, he needs to be tied down in the film room like Alex de Large in A Clockwork Orange and absorb as much game film as he can. Sorry but despite the fact I was never a huge fan of Ben (well no more than I am a fan of any Steeler, which is already pretty high) I always thought him to be a pretty tough guy. He needs the tough beaten back into him and then we WILL see him return to his past ability.
Old 10-14-2006, 12:04 PM   #8
Mikee
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 767

I will never loose faith in #7. He is our QB and he has proved that. Right now its nothing he can't fix, even though I don't put it all on him. Its a team effort.

HERE WE GO STEELERS TAKE THE CHIEFS!!!!!!!!!!!
Mikee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 12:13 PM   #9
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 8,499 Times in 3,736 Posts

Ben needs to remember it is legal for a QB to run past the line of scrimmage.

In an effort to remember better days for this team I watched the 2005 champs DVD again.

Notable highlights: Ben scoring on a QB draw against the Chargers; Ben scrambling for a 1st and goal that led to a Bettis TD in that same Chargers game; Ben rolling out and scoring the TD that iced the Denver game; Ben scoring in the Super Bowl; and Ben scrambling for a 1st down on a busted play to seal the Super Bowl win.

Running for positive yardage is a big part of Ben's game - he has run twice for -1 total yards this season. Cowher specifically called him out in public before the Chargers game last week to run and yet Ben never did so.

I understand why Ben appears afraid (not reluctant - afraid) to get hit but after 3 ful games I no longer sympathize with it - the NFL is not flag football and getting hit is part of the QBs job description. If Ben no longer is willing to take a hit Cowher needs to figure out how to change that mindset immediately.

I would call some planned QB runs (Ben is not Michael Vick but the main point would not be to gain yardage) to force Ben to return to running it on ocassion.
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 12:33 PM   #10
klick81
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 1396

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan View Post
I understand why Ben appears afraid (not reluctant - afraid) to get hit but after 3 ful games I no longer sympathize with it - the NFL is not flag football and getting hit is part of the QBs job description. If Ben no longer is willing to take a hit Cowher needs to figure out how to change that mindset immediately.
I agree. Not too many people are willing to admit that he is AFRAID.
klick81 is offline   Reply With Quote