Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 10-16-2006, 04:50 PM   #1
MACH1
Quest For Seven
Supporter

Member Number: 3236
Thanked 6,459 Times in 2,381 Posts
Default Anyone know if Dan Kreiders hurt?

I thought I seen him getting carted off yesterday, anyone have any idea what happend?

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
MACH1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 05:02 PM   #2
Blitzburgh
Banned

Member Number: 2863
Default Re: Anyone know if Dan Kreiders hurt?

Ankle sprain .... Said not to be "serious" ... whatever that means. I'm guessing he'll have a few days off this week and take treatments until Thursday. Start practicing on it by Thurs/Friday .... He'll be there next week.
Blitzburgh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 05:10 PM   #3
In Cowher We Trust
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 3134

just a ankle sprain..should be back
Old 10-16-2006, 05:13 PM   #4
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 8,515 Times in 3,749 Posts

From this morning's Trib-Review

Fullback Dan Krieder suffered an ankle injury in the second half that coach Bill Cowher described as "lateral" and "one that doesn't appear to be too bad."

I guess "lateral" is not the same as the dreaded "high" ankle sprain
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 05:14 PM   #5
emmysDAD
Water Boy

Member Number: 3307

Quote:
Originally Posted by In Cowher We Trust View Post
just a ankle sprain..should be back

ankle sprains can sometimes be worse than an ankle breaks. I sprained mine a few years ago, it took me like six months to be able to run again. Now I didn't have UPMC helping rehiblitate it but, a sprain is more susceptable to re-Injury, and usually has a long drawn out, and frustrating recovery time

If you all ask rally nice I will tell you how I sprained my ankle, it is a funny story...
Old 10-16-2006, 05:19 PM   #6
MACH1
Quest For Seven
Supporter

Member Number: 3236
Thanked 6,459 Times in 2,381 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmysDAD View Post
ankle sprains can sometimes be worse than an ankle breaks. I sprained mine a few years ago, it took me like six months to be able to run again. Now I didn't have UPMC helping rehiblitate it but, a sprain is more susceptable to re-Injury, and usually has a long drawn out, and frustrating recovery time

If you all ask rally nice I will tell you how I sprained my ankle, it is a funny story...
Only if its not a sex injury....lol

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
MACH1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 05:45 PM   #7
emmysDAD
Water Boy

Member Number: 3307

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrabt View Post
Only if its not a sex injury....lol

Damn I wish,

I was walking to work down the driveway to the trolley stop behind my house, towards the bottom I lost my footing( I should mention now that it was freezing rain, and bitterly cold out.) So I fly through the air, and my attempt to get my right leg underneath me. I am successful at accomplishing this task, However Ice is slippery and my belly is large and unbalenced, so my leg went back my ass went down and I and all of my 215 pound frame came crashing down ontop of my leg and sprained my ankle. I heard popping, and felt a pain that I loudly and colorfully described to the rest of my sleeping neighborhood.

So there I am on my back with my right foot in the small of my back and ice all around me. I attempt to roll off my ankle and through out t the pain I realize I can not. So I pull myself over to cars that are behind my house at the bottom of my driveway, and I attempt to pull myself up. this takes about 20 minutes. I have now been down on the ground for about 25 minutes, My leg still pinned under me, and the freezing rain still pouring down from above. it takes me another 3-4 minutes to get my Cell phone from my right pocket, and I call my father who I knew was working in the area.( this was after about 10 attmpts to get a hold of my room mate who is sleep soundly and warmly in his bed about 20 feet above me, which didn't work). ten minutes later my father arrives and attempts to help me up. SO after he slips on the ice and fall on top of me we decide we should call an ambulance, which passed my house twice.

So when they finally get there, I have been down on the ice for 50 minutes. They decide to lift me and put me on the strecher. So they get on all sides and attempt to lift me up but as the all lift on three, I stay put. It seems if you lay in the same spot of ice for 30 minutes in freezing rain you will freeze to said ice. to wrap up this novel of a story, I get into the ambulance and they give Nitrous and then I don't remember much after that...