Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 10-16-2006, 10:28 AM   #1
Stlrs4Life
Tailgate Coordinator
Supporter

Member Number: 419
Default Don't get to excited yet.

Everybody seems to be on the Steelers jock all of a sudden. If there is no better time than to pull out one of Bill Cowhers sayings, it is now. "Let's put things in perspective." We beat a team that we should have beaten. Let's carry on to the next. Atlanta.

It's not just Steeler Football, it's a way of Life! "I'm a Champion"
Stlrs4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 10:34 AM   #2
klick81
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 1396
Default Re: Don't get to excited yet.

I have no problem with being excited. After the past three weeks, there's no way I CAN'T be excited. By the way, we DEMOLISHED a team we should have beaten. We made a statement!
klick81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 10:34 AM   #3
ARKIESTEEL
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 2268

Come on Dom you cant pour water on the fire till Tuesday I read that was a law somewhere. Your right but we need to be on a up note for awhile

BIG FAT ARKIESTEEL
ARKIESTEEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 10:36 AM   #4
Stlrs4Life
Tailgate Coordinator
Supporter

Member Number: 419

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARKIESTEEL View Post
Come on Dom you cant pour water on the fire till Tuesday I read that was a law somewhere. Your right but we need to be on a up note for awhile
OK, Arkie. I understand! I think it's the 24 hr. rule.

It's not just Steeler Football, it's a way of Life! "I'm a Champion"
Stlrs4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 10:37 AM   #5
Btrice
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 3145

I think, at least in my circle of friends, more people are excited about the life we saw in Ben yesterday than the win itself.
Old 10-16-2006, 10:42 AM   #6
SteelerFanInCA
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 875

Quote:
Originally Posted by Btrice View Post
I think, at least in my circle of friends, more people are excited about the life we saw in Ben yesterday than the win itself.
Agreed, glad to see Ben coming back from the dead. Either way it was a great win for us yesterday.
SteelerFanInCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 11:24 AM   #7
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 5,084 Times in 2,377 Posts

Agreed it was a great win but this blowout (unlike such blowouts as New England and Philly midway through the 2004 season) is not yet part of a winning streak.

Yesterday will not help much without a follow-up next week in Atlanta. For what it is worth the line opened with the Steelers favored by 1&1/2, which may reflect both the Steelers first half and Falcons second half play yesterday.

FYI the Atlanta paper and sports talk stations are bashing the Falcons like the Steelers were getting hammered after the San Diego game - look for the Falcons (who are now chasing Carolina and the Saints) to be playing with some desperation on Sunday.

Hopefully the typically front running Atlanta fans will sell their tickets to Steelers fans and the Black & Gold fans will be well represented at the Georgia Dome this week.
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 11:38 AM   #8
Black@Gold Forever32
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 2290

I'm very happy and excited about the win. But the Steelers need to do it consistently now from week to week. So its not like I'm proclaiming this team to be a playoff or Super Bowl lock. But the Falcons can't pass the ball. So the Steelers defense will shut down the Falcons running game. I know the Falcons rushing attack is the best in the NFL or one of the best. But the Steelers run defense is one of the best and will shut down the Falcons running game.

The Steelers must keep a spy on Vick. You can't let him run crazy and convert long third downs like the last time the Steelers played the Falcons at Heinz Field in 2002. The game ended in a tie after the Steelers blew a double digit lead in that game.

I see this game coming down to turn overs. If the Steelers protect the ball then they will win this game. Yesterday Ben looked like Big Ben. So thats a big plus heading into this game.
Black@Gold Forever32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 11:55 AM   #9
MACH1
Quest For Seven
Supporter

Member Number: 3236
Thanked 3,224 Times in 1,273 Posts

Should be a good game, hopefully they can get back to .500. With the bungholes playing Carolina next, might end up tied with them. I agree need to keep Vick corraled up and not let him run all over the place.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
MACH1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 11:59 AM   #10
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 5,084 Times in 2,377 Posts

Vick is not the player he was in 2002 when he was the world's greatest sandlot player and ran wild at Heinz.

Hard to believe a NFL QB would regress in his ability to respond to defenses from his second to his sixth year bit that is the case with Vick.

The Falcons demented combination of the West Coast offense and an option running attack that looks like something Oklahoma or Nebraska would run in the 1980s has totally screwed up Vick's passing mechanics. Since Vick is closer to the owner than the coaches are, he may jhave had enoughg, say screw it, and play his own game this week.

If the Steelers get up 10 points on the Falcons the Georgia Dome crowd will turn against the Falcons and that team's fragile psyche will break. It always is helpful, but a quick start is particularly crucial on the road next Sunday.
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote