Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 10-16-2006, 12:04 PM   #11
Black@Gold Forever32
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 2290
Default Re: Don't get to excited yet.

Well I would that Vick isn't the same player he was. But he still is a huge threat to run the ball and make big plays with his legs. I don't see Dunn having a good game against the Steelers run defense. The Steelers have shut down LT, Rudi Johnson, Ronnie Brown and Larry Johnson. So I think Dunn will be shut down as well.

If Ben plays like he did yesterday and just makes plays. Plus avoid the INT's. Then the Steelers will win this game by double digits.
Black@Gold Forever32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 12:31 PM   #12
sumo
Team Captain

Member Number: 3047

Quote:
Originally Posted by Btrice View Post
I think, at least in my circle of friends, more people are excited about the life we saw in Ben yesterday than the win itself.
No kidding -- it was good to see Ward's smile again too -- these guys are fun to watch win or lose when they play loose and have a good time...
sumo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 02:33 PM   #13
19ward86
Head Coach

Member Number: 2717

i truly think that we will beat the falcons by a large margin. maybe not by 38 points but at least 14. they have ran for 250 yds a game, but pitt only allows around 50. lets see how that works out. even yesterday when they ran for 230 they still only scored 14 pts. they need to stick to the run, warrick dunn only ran 14 times. if he would of ran 20-25 times maybe they would of had the ball longer and maybe they could of scored.
Old 10-16-2006, 02:40 PM   #14
LarryNJ
Starter

Member Number: 2857

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan View Post
Hard to believe a NFL QB would regress in his ability to respond to defenses from his second to his sixth year bit that is the case with Vick.
Kordell did!

There were many things to be excited about after yesterdays game, more important to me than Ben or Hines was the O-line. When they roll the whole offense rolls. Enjoy it, be excited we deserve it after the last month.
LarryNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 03:15 PM   #15
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 7,333 Times in 3,278 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryNJ View Post
Kordell did!
Good point.

I have been telling my friends that are Falcons fans for several years that Vick is Kordell Version 2.0 (gifted athlete who is unable or unwilling to read defenses or fix his screwed up passing mechanics) - they are beginning to agree.

Falcons are going to get blistered by the ATL media this week. Given my low opinion of Mora this Falcons team may be getting eaten up with internal doubts.
Atlanta Dan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 03:16 PM   #16
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumo View Post
No kidding -- it was good to see Ward's smile again too -- these guys are fun to watch win or lose when they play loose and have a good time...
Yes, most definitely! I don't think Ben and Hines are the only ones who had some life injected into them yesterday - the entire team played as a TEAM and returned to playing smashmouthed, hard-nosed, grind 'em out Steelers football. I saw a confidence in those guys - all of them - that I hadn't seen since the Super Bowl last season. As B&GF32 so correctly states above - consistency is the key here. Sure we're riding high on that win yesterday and I'm sure the team is, too, but they have got to keep the style of play on both sides of the ball that they exhibited yesterday going. We don't want to be viewed as one-week wonders like the....ummmmm.....Bungles.

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 03:20 PM   #17
FOOTEupyourarse
Draft Prospect
Supporter

Member Number: 3310

It just feels really good at work today. Our STEELERS won, the Bungles lost, the ravens lost, and the eagles lost(i'm stuck in eagle country). Anyway, anyone know what the deal is with Kreider's ankle?
Old 10-16-2006, 03:58 PM   #18
BigDuke6
Banned

Member Number: 2238

I'm mostly excited about the easy $50 I made off my KC Chiefs fan buddy of mine.
Wooo-Hooo
BigDuke6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 04:21 PM   #19
Preacher
Living Legend

Member Number: 16327

I put in another thread comments that probably better fit into this thread.

Do I now have confidence in the Steelers this year? Nope.. not yet. However, I now have hope.

And I am OVERJOYED at the fact that I can legitamately have hope now.
Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 06:05 PM   #20
stillers4me
Living Legend

Member Number: 2656

Not only did we have a much needed BIG win, Ben returned to the land of the living, Hines was smiling, and Troy was......well, everywhere!! All we need now is some Joey smack talk and all well be well with the world. Enjoy it.....we deserve it!!

And the Bungles LOST!!!!!!!! All the kitty fans at work were awfully quiet today....no smack talk.......it took all the fun out of it!!!
"We're not going to turn our backs on him," Ward said. "We're going to treat him like our brother. We're going to accept him back and be very supportive of him and help him get through this. In this locker room, he's still our quarterback."
stillers4me is offline   Reply With Quote