Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 10-16-2006, 02:17 PM   #1
BringthePressure20
Water Boy

Member Number: 3290
Default Holmes in, Wilson out

As you can see Holmes came out and ignited the team with his big gain and had 180 all purpose yards. He needs to move up on the depth chart by now. I still think Wilson gets no separation and every time he makes a catch(if he does) he is always by defenders. I don't like Wilson at all and hes a 4th receiver at best. Holmes shows me potential of bein a great playmaker and should be given more chances, and have plays designed around him.
BringthePressure20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 02:23 PM   #2
Eztarget
Starter

Member Number: 162
Default Re: Holmes in, Wilson out

He's still a rookie, so I say keep Wilson starting for this year. But there's no reason Holmes can't be used more to keep defenses honest.

I still would like to see the Steelers go after Jerry Porter (Randy Moss's $$$ is way too high).
Eztarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 02:26 PM   #3
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 8,245 Times in 3,621 Posts

Porter is a team cancer - if we signed Porter who do we then put on the inactive roster (Wilson/Nate/Reid)?

Santonio is shalky on the kick returns and I would like to see Reid get another shot when he gets healthy.
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 02:28 PM   #4
Eztarget
Starter

Member Number: 162

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan View Post
Porter is a team cancer - if we signed Porter who do we then put on the inactive roster (Wilson/Nate/Reid)?

Santonio is shalky on the kick returns and I would like to see Reid get another shot when he gets healthy.
I'm not so sure Porter is anymore of a team mouthpiece then our current Porter. Jerry Porter got screwed by Al Davis and that team and he's trapped in the middle of it. He asked for a trade and the Raider's won't give him one. I'd be pissed too if I was losing playing years in my prime.
Eztarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 02:45 PM   #5
LarryNJ
Starter

Member Number: 2857

I agree i'd like to see Holmes start. Not many rookie recievers make an impact but he's the better option over Wilson.

IMO I don't think there's a chance in hell we try to get Porter or Moss. Ward, Holmes & Ried is where the Steelers plans are.
LarryNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 02:54 PM   #6
Mosca
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 1751

We don't need different guys. When our guys play to their potential we win by 40 points. We need our guys to play to their potential every game.

Tom
Mosca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 03:08 PM   #7
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 8,245 Times in 3,621 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eztarget View Post
I'm not so sure Porter is anymore of a team mouthpiece then our current Porter. Jerry Porter got screwed by Al Davis and that team and he's trapped in the middle of it. He asked for a trade and the Raider's won't give him one. I'd be pissed too if I was losing playing years in my prime.
I cannot imagione the Steelers' Porter would be laughing if Ben got sacked and then claim he was not laughing at the sack because he was not watching the game.

That was Oakland Porter's explanation when the cameras caught him laughing when Aaron Brooks got sacked during the Chargers game.

This guy may be moving, but not to the Steelers.
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 03:40 PM   #8
BigDuke6
Banned

Member Number: 2238

I'm with Mosca on this one. Steeler Nation often falls in love with our guys and we stick by them no matter what. Even when it isnt warranted by their individual play. But in this case, we're right. Our reciever crew is as good as it gets (especially when you put Heath in the mix). No need for changes there. We have a plan, lets stick to it.
BigDuke6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 05:59 PM   #9
Haiku_Dirtt
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 1645

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
Nah, I've got to agree with him. I used to write about sports for a smallish to mid-sized newspaper in the Bay Area, and I got to cover about a week and a half of Raiders training camp last year. And Porter is indeed a loudmouth jerk. And he comes off as one of those guys who thinks he's so good he'll win just by showing up.

I distinctly remember one interview he was giving to a crowd of about 10 or 15 reporters, and they asked him about the preseason game coming up that weekend against the 49ers. He said, "Who even cares? It's just the sorry-ass Niners!" (the Raiders lost that game).

And anyway, Holmes is starting to look GOOD. And Washington's been incredible for a guy that started out, what, sixth or seventh on the depth chart? Both of them are looking like they could take over for Wilson soon. And if we keep them both, what do we even need to go sign another receiver for?
Hey Dude. Welcome to the high-profile world known as Steelers Fever Forum. Buckle that chin strap.

I take your word for it because I believe too that 'what you see is what you get' with Porter.

Thanks to a 6.7 earthquake and subsequent rolling power outages I saw the last four minutes of the game so I'll have to wait for NFL Network replay. What I did see from Holmes last week and the clips this week lead me to believe he is looking good - rather than a stumbling toddler. Yes. Expectations are high.

Nate had a horrible game against Cincy. It's not too much to ask to catch the ones that hit your hands in stride. Almost like Holmes he is a young young NFL player. All I want from Washington is consistency.

Our receivers don't need to play the position like Steve Smith to win games. History showed that. Just help the offense move the sticks and the rest will fall into place.

Time for an AC power generator.
Haiku_Dirtt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 06:17 PM   #10
Dook
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 906

I agree. Cedrick Wilson has always had low production numbers. Rumor has it that he is soft. The Steelers pulled him out last week against San Diego and then he was gone again after the first quarter against the Chiefs.

I think Holmes has moved up the depth chart and it's a good thing.