Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 10-17-2006, 10:03 AM   #1
sumo
Team Captain

Member Number: 3047
Default From the lone Cardinals fan on the fever forums

You may have seen some previous posts by me about the Cards -predicting Leinart would be the next Big Ben etc - I'm a huge Steelers fan - but I'm also a big Cards follower -- I have lived most of my life in Az and I was so pumped when the Cards moved there - every year there has been hope in the off season -- new coaches -high draft picks, free agent pick ups -- with the exception of 1998, they have found new ways to let their fans down every year - I will remain a loyal fan, but I have to say that last night was the biggest loss I have seen -- I felt about as low as I did when the Steelers lost to the Cowpunks in the Superbowl -- I went from feeling like the Cards have finally turned the corner and Leinart was going to take the Cards on a winning streak to WOW -- same old Cards!! -- MAN that really sucked!!!
sumo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 10:12 AM   #2
PisnNapalm
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 1225
Default Re: From the lone Cardinals fan on the fever forums

That was a brutal loss. I went to bed and the Cards were up 23 to 3. When I woke up and saw the score I was a little surprised. I just thought the Bears offense started clicking. I was stunned to see that the Bears offense was completely shut down and that all the points came from the defense and special teams.

amazing.
Old 10-17-2006, 11:37 AM   #3
SteelerFanInCA
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 875

The Bears had no business winning last night. How in the hell do you turn the ball over 6 times and still win the game? I felt bad for the Cards. Leinart looked pretty sharp.
SteelerFanInCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 11:45 AM   #4
steelcurtain09
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 2880

i also like the Cardinals

they have 3 University of Pittsburgh grads
Larry Fitzgerald (ive officially liked the Cardinals since they drafted him), Gerald Hayes, and Greg Lee (supposedly)
they also have Warner, Edge, Boldin, Leinart all people who I really like

dont dismiss everybody as not being a Cardinal follower

on the topic, tht was a real bad loss.
Old 10-17-2006, 11:45 AM   #5
herewegosteelers
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 3250

I also am a DIEHARD STEELERS fan!! But I also live in AZ. I was very disappointed in last nights game. I felt the same way. Leinart is a great quarterback, I would love to see the Crads. do something.
herewegosteelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 11:48 AM   #6
Hines86Ward
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 2256

I'm feel your pain man, that Cardinals are my NFC team. I thought they had it locked up last night so I went to bed. I woke up this morning to see that they lost, and I was shocked. After watching the replays of that Leinart fumble, I think that Oliver Ross needs to find himself a spot on the bench for good & they should start Chris Liwienski. I also think that they should cut Neil Rackers. He had a great year last year, but now he looks like he did when he was on the Bengals. It's not hard to replace a kicker, there's plenty of guys out on the market. You can't miss 2 game-winning FG's in consecutive weeks
Old 10-17-2006, 11:56 AM   #7
sumo
Team Captain

Member Number: 3047

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelcurtain09 View Post
i also like the Cardinals

they have 3 University of Pittsburgh grads
Larry Fitzgerald (ive officially liked the Cardinals since they drafted him), Gerald Hayes, and Greg Lee (supposedly)
they also have Warner, Edge, Boldin, Leinart all people who I really like

dont dismiss everybody as not being a Cardinal follower

on the topic, tht was a real bad loss.
Sorry -- nobody really responded to the other threads I started about the Cards - so I thought I was quite possibly the only one the fever forums -- but it's good to know there are others...

Last edited by sumo; 10-17-2006 at 12:01 PM.
sumo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 11:59 AM   #8
LarryNJ
Starter

Member Number: 2857

I watched the whole game. It was great to see the Cards and their fans pumped up and taking it to the Bears. Although I like the Bears I was rooting for the cards lastnight because of Larry F. The cards are close to taking the step to the next level. I think they will be a true contender in the next 2-4 years.
LarryNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 12:47 PM   #9
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines86Ward View Post
I'm feel your pain man, that Cardinals are my NFC team. I thought they had it locked up last night so I went to bed. I woke up this morning to see that they lost, and I was shocked. After watching the replays of that Leinart fumble, I think that Oliver Ross needs to find himself a spot on the bench for good & they should start Chris Liwienski. I also think that they should cut Neil Rackers. He had a great year last year, but now he looks like he did when he was on the Bengals. It's not hard to replace a kicker, there's plenty of guys out on the market. You can't miss 2 game-winning FG's in consecutive weeks
Cut Neil Rackers?

That is the craziest thing I have seen on this forum in a while.

The Cards remain a team with a 'loser identity' - its not that easy to explain why but these teams find new and amusing/heartbreaking ways of losing games each week.

The Bears were lucky for sure, I have no idea what happened to Grossman - he totally sunk my FF team this week.

Leinart is a pleasant surprise, hopefully the cards will persevere with him and hopefuly buy him some decent protection (it appears that they should have invested in an O-Line instead of picking up Edge who has been ineffectual).

Best of luck to the cards and their fans for the rest of the season - alot of neutrals pull for them.

NM
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 01:32 PM   #10
Hines86Ward
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 2256

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livinginthe past View Post
Cut Neil Rackers?

That is the craziest thing I have seen on this forum in a while.
He's only had one good year in his career, which was last year when he made 40 of 42 FG's. This year, he's already missed 5 and he has a 64% FG percentage right now. IMHO, I think last year was a fluke for him. He's shown in the past that he can't come through in the clutch.