Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 10-18-2006, 08:55 PM   #1
steelcurtain09
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 2880
Default I Know It Is Not True But...

...this is really scary to think of it happening

http://msn.foxsports.com/other/story/6075034

WASHINGTON (AP) - An Internet message claiming that seven NFL stadiums will be hit with dirty bombs this weekend was met with "strong skepticism" Wednesday by government security officials.

With nothing to indicate an imminent attack, local authorities and stadium owners were alerted "out of an abundance of caution."

Dated Oct. 12, the posting was part of an ongoing conversation titled "New Attack on America Be Afraid." It appeared on a Web site called "The Friend Society," which links to various online forums and off-color cartoons. The message said trucks would deliver radiological bombs to stadiums in New York, Miami, Atlanta, Seattle, Houston, Oakland and Cleveland ? and that Osama bin Laden would later claim responsibility....
Old 10-19-2006, 12:13 AM   #2
SteelCzar76
Banned

Member Number: 2498
Default Re: I Know It Is Not True But...

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelcurtain09 View Post
...this is really scary to think of it happening

http://msn.foxsports.com/other/story/6075034

WASHINGTON (AP) - An Internet message claiming that seven NFL stadiums will be hit with dirty bombs this weekend was met with "strong skepticism" Wednesday by government security officials.

With nothing to indicate an imminent attack, local authorities and stadium owners were alerted "out of an abundance of caution."

Dated Oct. 12, the posting was part of an ongoing conversation titled "New Attack on America Be Afraid." It appeared on a Web site called "The Friend Society," which links to various online forums and off-color cartoons. The message said trucks would deliver radiological bombs to stadiums in New York, Miami, Atlanta, Seattle, Houston, Oakland and Cleveland — and that Osama bin Laden would later claim responsibility....

Should we not be above fear and maintain our resolve as a Nation ? We can only be divided and henceforth destroyed if we allow it to be so. If we stand together any whom choose to make themselves enemies WILL FAIL.
No we're not perfect in regards to all of our foreign policies. We have done our share of dirt. But even in light of our terrible flaws,..... we're still the greatest Nation this world has ever known. The average american has great deal of compassion, sense of justice and strength of character.
Are we driven, c#cky and sometimes reckless ? Yes,...but at heart we believe in heroism, justice, liberty and LIFE. But heavy is the head that bears the crown, and we can't please everyone. We even fight amongst ourselves over bullshit rehtoric and archaic belief systems of men whom didn't believe in them themselves. (They were only serving their own personal interest's.) But we should now defend, serve and accept the ideal of what we're supposed to be,....what we claim and aspire to be,......WORTHY.
We should not allow ourselves to become divided by breed or allusion's such as political parties.
Have courage in the face in the inadequate leadership. But have even more courage in the face of small men with religious delusions of what's "right and or wrong" and "Holy Wars" against those whom don't kneel before their ideaology. Men that would slaughter women and children for the sake of their own personal gain. Men whom actually covet that which they claim to rage against.
Men like many of those responsible for the failings that we have yet to overcome to this very day.

"Hail Caesar,......HAIL THE RED WHITE AND BLUE" (In the face of any odds)
SteelCzar76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 03:07 AM   #3
SteelersWoman
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 3077

If I already had plans to go, I wouldn't let this stop me. If these idiots really wanted to cause harm, they wouldn't have advertised it.

They'll probably find and jail the person (people) responsible before Sunday anyway.
Old 10-19-2006, 03:55 AM   #4
Preacher
Living Legend

Member Number: 16327

They bomb our WTC... and we see it as a crime

They get the Cole, Kobar towers, and two embassies... and we start to pay attention

They bomb the WTC again and the Pentagon... and its an act of war.

They screw with our football... ITS ALL OVER!
Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 05:23 AM   #5
stillers4me
Living Legend

Member Number: 2656

Amen, Preacher!!!
"We're not going to turn our backs on him," Ward said. "We're going to treat him like our brother. We're going to accept him back and be very supportive of him and help him get through this. In this locker room, he's still our quarterback."
stillers4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 06:14 AM   #6
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

These facist nutjobs want us to live in constant fear and disrupt our every day lives and I refuse to allow them to interfere with one second of my life (or my football!). When it's time to meet my Maker, that is HIS decision, not the decision of a group of whack-jobs.

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 06:38 AM   #7
ARKIESTEEL
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 2268

Quote:
Originally Posted by HometownGal View Post
These facist nutjobs want us to live in constant fear and disrupt our every day lives and I refuse to allow them to interfere with one second of my life (or my football!). When it's time to meet my Maker, that is HIS decision, not the decision of a group of whack-jobs.

If me and MR. 300 winchester magnum get with in say 250 yards of said whack-jobs I will be the one that disrupts their every day life and I will choose when they meet their maker

That dont fly in the south

BIG FAT ARKIESTEEL
ARKIESTEEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 07:01 AM   #8
Steel_Bus_24
Team Owner

Member Number: 2886
Thanked 1,143 Times in 560 Posts

Terrorists are truly the scum of the earth. Littles cowards who resort to trying to kill civillians......pathetic.

They can't stand to see a free world where anyone has a chance to live their dreams.

Also Known as SteelerSpartan
Steel_Bus_24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 07:09 AM   #9
STEELCRTN4EVER
Draft Prospect
Supporter

Member Number: 2828

Well we all know these NUT CASES are out there and anything can happen. However they WILL NOT stop the way I live or make me live in fear of them. I will live a normal life without being terrified. Can you imagine the American uprising if this were to happen?
STEELCRTN4EVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 07:38 AM   #10
Buzz05
Team Captain

Member Number: 2482

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEELCRTN4EVER View Post
Well we all know these NUT CASES are out there and anything can happen. However they WILL NOT stop the way I live or make me live in fear of them. I will live a normal life without being terrified. Can you imagine the American uprising if this were to happen?
Yeah...there wouldnt be a middle east left if they pissed with not only America again...but Football...that would like throwing Gas on a fire right there
Buzz05 is offline   Reply With Quote