Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Old 10-19-2006, 07:04 PM   #1
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 8,397 Times in 3,686 Posts
Default Vick Whining & Other Falcons Discontent

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution is running a series of stories that indicate the Falcons are sending out the vibes of a team that is on the verge of coming apart.

First, AJC columnist Mark Bradley speculates that Falcons O-coordinator Greg Knapp may soon be following the Ravens and Cardinals O-coordinators out the door.

The receivers can?t catch. The quarterback, who was a good enough passer under the previous regime, can?t throw. And surely the Falcons? high-profile owner is beginning to wonder why all this high-falutin? talent ? Pro Bowl quarterback, Pro Bowl running back, Pro Bowl tight end, three wide receivers who were No. 1 picks ? is availing his franchise so little

http://www.ajc.com/blogs/content/sha..._knapps_d.html

This jab is joined by AJC columnist Terence Moore contending the Falcons need to dump their unethical cut block schemes:

Except for all of this cut blocking making opponents wish to smash every one of Michael Vick?s corpuscles, and the inability to keep defenders from charging into the backfield within a nanosecond on pass plays, and a puny guy when it comes to the NFL trenches seeking to become a mammoth guy through steroids, the Falcons? smallish offensive line is doing just fine, thank you.

For those who did not read it, a Falcons starter at guard was suspended this week after testing poitive for steroids.

http://www.ajc.com/blogs/content/sha...ns_should.html

Finally, Michael Vick now is pining away for the good old days when Dan Reeves coached the Falcons (until Vick's complaints helped get Reeves fired) and wishes he played QB for the Colts.

Vick told HBO's Cris Carter, on a segment of Inside the NFL, which aired Wednesday and will be replayed during the week that, "It's the worst I ever felt," after the Giants game. Vick was sacked a career-high seven times.

In the interview with the former NFL wide receiver, Vick also chimed in on several other subjects. Here are some excerpts:

? "You've got to throw the ball sometimes," Vick said. "You can't just line up and run the ball every time on first and second down. Teams key in on that and they have coaches, too. We're going to have to throw it more ... Coach [Jim Mora] is going have to trust in me to get it done and I'm up to the challenge to get it done."

? Carter: "It seems as if when Coach [Dan] Reeves, who drafted you, when he was here, you threw the ball as effective or even better, and definitely more than you throw the ball now."

Vick: "When Reeves was here, I was 50 yards shy of 3,000 yards passing, and I was among top 15 in passing in NFL. Coach Reeves, he believed in me and gave me a chance to throw the football."

? Carter: "Do you ever sit back and say, 'Man, you know, I wish I had Chad Johnson. I wish I had a Randy Moss ...'"

Vick: "Or a Marvin Harrison. ... I always think about that, Cris. I always think, if I played in Indianapolis, what type of effect would I have on that team? Or what would I be able to do different? It's something I wish I could do for just one week."

This confirms my impression Vick is a self-centered and emotionally immature QB.

http://www.ajc.com/sports/content/sp...020falnot.html

The Steelers need to come out firing on Sunday - this Falcons team may be looking for an excuse to repeat last season's collapse if it gets down early.
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 07:11 PM   #2
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
Supporter

Member Number: 658
Thanked 10,370 Times in 4,306 Posts
Default Re: Vick Whining & Other Falcons Discontent

when m. vick gave interviews to the N.Y. media before the giants game he invoked the name dan reeves. no one on sirius radio couldnt believe this story went unnoticed. there was thought that if these comment were made to the atlanta media it wouldve created a firestorm. many callers were curious why this story had been ignored. it looks like it is rearing its ugly head as vick continues to be the squeaky wheel. he seems to complain no matter if hes running around and "playing his game" or if he's passing to much. what need to be done to keep him happy?

hopefully a beatdown by the steelers can fan the flames. id love to see him and r. moss on the same team (assuming the patriots dont snag him 1st)
tony hipchest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 07:13 PM   #3
steelcurtain09
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 2880

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan View Post
Finally, Michael Vick now is pining away for the good old days when Dan Reeves coached the Falcons (until Vick's complaints helped get Reeves fired) and wishes he played QB for the Colts.

Vick told HBO's Cris Carter, on a segment of Inside the NFL, which aired Wednesday and will be replayed during the week that, "It's the worst I ever felt," after the Giants game. Vick was sacked a career-high seven times.

In the interview with the former NFL wide receiver, Vick also chimed in on several other subjects. Here are some excerpts:

? "You've got to throw the ball sometimes," Vick said. "You can't just line up and run the ball every time on first and second down. Teams key in on that and they have coaches, too. We're going to have to throw it more ... Coach [Jim Mora] is going have to trust in me to get it done and I'm up to the challenge to get it done."

? Carter: "It seems as if when Coach [Dan] Reeves, who drafted you, when he was here, you threw the ball as effective or even better, and definitely more than you throw the ball now."

Vick: "When Reeves was here, I was 50 yards shy of 3,000 yards passing, and I was among top 15 in passing in NFL. Coach Reeves, he believed in me and gave me a chance to throw the football."

? Carter: "Do you ever sit back and say, 'Man, you know, I wish I had Chad Johnson. I wish I had a Randy Moss ...'"

Vick: "Or a Marvin Harrison. ... I always think about that, Cris. I always think, if I played in Indianapolis, what type of effect would I have on that team? Or what would I be able to do different? It's something I wish I could do for just one week."

This confirms my impression Vick is a self-centered and emotionally immature QB.
I do not think that is completely fair of you to say that. Under his previous coach, Vick did well and actually had a good team to play with. Now, under Jim Mora, he has not won very much. Mora will not give Vick an offensive line to give him time to pass. With this Vick is very much like Roethlisberger. When he is pressured he will try to force the ball and be intercepted.
Old 10-19-2006, 07:49 PM   #4
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
Supporter

Member Number: 658
Thanked 10,370 Times in 4,306 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelcurtain09 View Post
I do not think that is completely fair of you to say that. Under his previous coach, Vick did well and actually had a good team to play with. Now, under Jim Mora, he has not won very much. Mora will not give Vick an offensive line to give him time to pass. With this Vick is very much like Roethlisberger. When he is pressured he will try to force the ball and be intercepted.
vick is a very expensive qb (possibly the highest paid qb in the game- im not sure) in regards of their o-line "you cant make chicken salad out of chicken shit" if all the $$$$ is tied up in 1 player. if hes not a pocket passer, he doesnt really need a pocket, does he?
tony hipchest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 08:09 PM   #5
ATL
Water Boy

Member Number: 3339

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
vick is a very expensive qb (possibly the highest paid qb in the game- im not sure) in regards of their o-line "you cant make chicken salad out of chicken shit" if all the $$$$ is tied up in 1 player. if hes not a pocket passer, he doesnt really need a pocket, does he?
He got a lot of his money with signing bonus so he really doesn't hurt as bad towards the salary cap as people think. As far as his o-line being bad its because of the zone blocking scheme. Denver's o-line sucks for pass blocking also. This is really just the media trying to make something out of nothing.

Vick is the least of the Falcons worries.
ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 09:22 PM   #6
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 8,397 Times in 3,686 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelcurtain09 View Post
Having lived in Atlanta during the Reeves-Vick chapter of the Falcons dysfunctional history, what is galling to me about Vick claiming he flourished under Reeves is that Reeves thought Vick unreasonably delayed returning from his broken leg in 2003 and Vick not only publicly took exception to that but also went around Reeves to b**ch about the head coach to Arthur Blank, who embarassed himself and the franchise by personally pushing Vick around in his wheelchair when Vick was injured. If Vick now misses Reeves he should have requested Blank not to can Reeves in 2003.

The idea that someone with Vick's slovenly work ethic has the audacity to blame all his probems on his coaches and teammates while wishing he played for the Colts is laughable.

Last edited by Atlanta Dan; 10-19-2006 at 09:45 PM.
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 09:23 PM   #7
stillers4me
Living Legend

Member Number: 2656

I can't imagine Ben whining like that.......
"We're not going to turn our backs on him," Ward said. "We're going to treat him like our brother. We're going to accept him back and be very supportive of him and help him get through this. In this locker room, he's still our quarterback."
stillers4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 09:32 PM   #8
SteelBreeze
Water Boy

Member Number: 2858

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATL View Post
He got a lot of his money with signing bonus so he really doesn't hurt as bad towards the salary cap as people think. As far as his o-line being bad its because of the zone blocking scheme. Denver's o-line sucks for pass blocking also. This is really just the media trying to make something out of nothing.

Vick is the least of the Falcons worries.
I hope your right about Vick being the least of your worries. But he really needs to think before he starts shooting his mouth off on a program like "Inside The NFL". I was shocked by his interview.He basicly said his receivers suck, the offensive coordinater can't call the game, and his head coach is no Dan Reeves. He also went on to say he wishes he could play for a different team. This is something you would expect to hear from TO or Randy Moss, and you know that whole story (cancers). And yea, the media is gonna eat that up. As you know, negativity spread by the media can seriously affect the locker room.
SteelBreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 11:08 PM   #9
MattsMe
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 2044

Quote:

Indy already has a QB who publicly calls out his teammates, why would they need another one?
MattsMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 01:25 AM   #10
ATL
Water Boy

Member Number: 3339

Can you guys blame him after watching this play.... (and this kind of stuff happens a lot)

ATL is offline   Reply With Quote