Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...
Bills
GAMEDAY
September 11, 2014, 8:25pm ET
CBS

Old 07-18-2005, 11:07 AM   #41
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478
Default Re: Raiders are going to Show up game 1!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironcitychef
just some notes...

11/24/02 MIN @ NE 24-17 NE win Moss 8 catch/92 yds this game and the previous game Moss was over 10.0 yds a catch. Take it as you will but my background will tell you not to put Poteat or Scott on him.
Without a doubt you are correct Ironcity. Moss will be a job for one of the big boys - you have to accept that a talent such as Moss will make catches against you - all the Pats will try and do is make sure that the damage these catches make is minimal.

For example, we had 1st year undrafted rookie Randall Gay covering Terrell Owens in the SB - and sure T.O had a statistically impressive day (even more so when you factor in his injury) but the fact is that NE managed to contain his threat by ensuring he didn't make ANY game changing plays.

regards

NM
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 11:56 AM   #42
Dirtywater
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 434

Couple of points:

- Oakland is much improved on offense. Moss and Jordan are dynamic and Oaland will reap the benefits

- The Patriots have faced stud WRs before. Moss will have his catches and TDs

- One player does not a team make

- Oakland did not improve their bad defense from last season

- NE improved their offense

- Miami won last season fair and square. I take nothing away from their win. But when you talk about this, don't forget to add that we went on to win the Super Bowl

- Bengals fans talking smack (and I root for them. an underdog thing) is funny. Especially on a Steelers forum. Not bad or wrong, just funny

- Tha Rock is a passionate fan who loves to talk smack. We are in a bunch of forums. I'd like to see a little more analysis from him instead of one-liners. Just a suggestion.

- Oakland could easily win on opening night. I for one do not take my opponents lightly.

- Randy Moss, even with Culpepper throwing him the ball, did not score on every play. He is also known to 'take plays plays off'.

- If all the football historians are going to bring up the Tuck, then rightfully bring up Ben Dreith's 'roughing the passer call' frlom '76. Karmas a bitch.
Old 07-19-2005, 02:05 AM   #43
Tha rock
Starter

Member Number: 406

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livinginthe past
Without a doubt you are correct Ironcity. Moss will be a job for one of the big boys - you have to accept that a talent such as Moss will make catches against you - all the Pats will try and do is make sure that the damage these catches make is minimal.

For example, we had 1st year undrafted rookie Randall Gay covering Terrell Owens in the SB - and sure T.O had a statistically impressive day (even more so when you factor in his injury) but the fact is that NE managed to contain his threat by ensuring he didn't make ANY game changing plays.

regards

NM

Moss will tear it up right along with curry and porter, with lamont running all over you! If karma is what your looking for thenits our time to when we were robbed no doubt of that, we also did improve our Defense with ruunning more 4-3 and adding buress, Morrison, washington and jay formen all players who should contribute this season!

Last edited by Tha rock; 07-19-2005 at 02:08 AM.
Tha rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 03:55 AM   #44
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha rock
Moss will tear it up right along with curry and porter, with lamont running all over you! If karma is what your looking for thenits our time to when we were robbed no doubt of that, we also did improve our Defense with ruunning more 4-3 and adding buress, Morrison, washington and jay formen all players who should contribute this season!
Maybe you can explain how Lamont Jordan was a BACK-UP in New York to Curtis Martin and even HE didnt manage to RUN ALL OVER US.
You make alot of ridiculous comments on here Tha Rock - based on absolutely nothing.
You start by naming an individual on the Oakland Chaingang - then you tell us how he is going smash/run over the World Champions.

You live in cloud cuckoo land - still no different to most Raider fans.

I can tell this is your favourite part of the season - its about the only time you can count yourself UNDEFEATED.

regards

NM
Old 07-19-2005, 11:42 AM   #45
Tha rock
Starter

Quote:
Maybe you can explain how Lamont Jordan was a BACK-UP in New York to Curtis Martin and even HE didnt manage to RUN ALL OVER US.
You make alot of ridiculous comments on here Tha Rock - based on absolutely nothing.
You start by naming an individual on the Oakland Chaingang - then you tell us how he is going smash/run over the World Champions.

You live in cloud cuckoo land - still no different to most Raider fans.

I can tell this is your favourite part of the season - its about the only time you can count yourself UNDEFEATED.

regards

NM

First of all curtis was only the leading rusher and they wanted to keep him, they tried to resign him and he said no! Curtis martin is also a HOFer in the making! I live in no clouds but I can see that thats where your head is just becuse your a fan of the cumps. My favorite part of the season is agame time pasty!!
Old 07-19-2005, 12:14 PM   #46
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Quote:
First of all curtis was only the leading rusher and they wanted to keep him, they tried to resign him and he said no! Curtis martin is also a HOFer in the making! I live in no clouds but I can see that thats where your head is just becuse your a fan of the cumps. My favorite part of the season is agame time pasty!!
Im not disputing how good Curtis Martin is - and he may well be a HOF'er - doesn't change the fact that he couldnt run against us, let alone his BACK-UP!
I think the only team to really succesfully run on us last year was the Steelers in the regular season game.

Not long now til we see who is right about the season opener!

Regards

NM
Old 07-19-2005, 01:45 PM   #47
Tha rock
Starter

Quote:
Im not disputing how good Curtis Martin is - and he may well be a HOF'er - doesn't change the fact that he couldnt run against us, let alone his BACK-UP!
I think the only team to really succesfully run on us last year was the Steelers in the regular season game.

Not long now til we see who is right about the season opener!

Regards

NM

Well good luck game 1, youll need it!
Old 07-19-2005, 06:36 PM   #48
Dirtywater
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 434

Quote:
OK, that is impressive, but your defensive improvments are going to need a lot more than that to make up for this:

YPG Allowed: 371 NFL Rank: 30th

Points Allowed: 442 NFL Rank: 31st (Allowed 30+ points in 9 of their last 13 games)

Rushing YPG Allowed: 125.8 NFL Rank: 22nd

Offensive TD Allowed: 51 NFL Rank: Last
Old 07-19-2005, 06:54 PM   #49
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Using my freaky psychic powers I have an exclusive preview of Tha Rocks reply:

yo, you aint gonna now whats hittiong you da forst game - Moss is gonna be so bad to you and your second rate defence. If you score 1 td then we will score 2- who is gonna win then?

Its a little longer than his normal post I know but he felt very strong about this subject.

Regards

NM

Last edited by Livinginthe past; 07-19-2005 at 06:57 PM.