Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 10-21-2006, 07:55 AM   #1
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Member Number: 2363
Default Brown played for 3 SB champion coaches

By Mike Prisuta
TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Saturday, October 21, 2006

Linebacker Chad Brown has played for three head coaches who have won Super Bowls over the course of his 14-year career -- Steelers coach Bill Cowher, Mike Holmgren in Seattle and Bill Belichick in New England. "When I start coaching high school ball, I will have a lot to draw from," Brown said. "To come back here and see Bill 10 years later and see how he has evolved has been interesting. A lot of things are very similar. But, at the same time, the defense has evolved, and I think he, as a coach, has evolved with the way he deals with some things and how he deals with the players. When I got here (initially in 1993), it was his second year as a head coach. I think maturity does great things for all of us. Not to say he wasn't mature, but time and experience does great things for all of us. Time and experience has worked its number on him, as well."
? Kendall Simmons expects to line up in his familiar starting right guard spot when the Steelers visit the Falcons on Sunday. "As far as I know, I will be," Simmons said Friday. Simmons missed last Sunday's 45-7 win over Kansas City after damaging the skin on his right foot while treating an injury with a cold-pack device, causing what Simmons likened to frostbite. He was replaced against the Chiefs by Chris Kemoeatu. Simmons was upgraded from questionable to probable Thursday on the Steelers' injury report.

? The Steelers added cornerback Ike Taylor (quad) to their injury report yesterday, listing him as probable. The rest of the Steelers' injury report for Sunday's game in Atlanta is as follows: Linebacker James Harrison (ankle) is out. Linebacker Joey Porter (hamstring) and wide receiver/punt returner Willie Reid (foot) are doubtful. Center Jeff Hartings (knee), fullback Dan Kreider (ankle) and cornerback Deshea Townsend (hamstring) are probable. Harrison, Porter, Reid and Taylor missed a portion of yesterday's practice.

? For the Falcons, guard Matt Lehr (suspension) is out. Defensive end John Abraham (groin), defensive tackle Roderick Coleman (toe) and offensive tackle Quinn Ojinnaka (ankle) are questionable. Defensive tackle Grady Jackson (knee), defensive end Patrick Kerney (hamstring) and quarterback Michael Vick (shoulder) are probable. Abraham, Coleman and Ojinnaka missed a portion of yesterday's practice.

? The NFL announced that all games for Sunday and Monday sold out in advance of the local TV blackout deadline for the seventh consecutive weekend. Every game this season has been sold out at least 72 hours in advance and has been televised in its local market. The previous high for sellout weekends in a season was four in 2004 and '05. All blackouts have been lifted just 20 times since the policy took effect in 1973.

Digits

2 - Road losses for the Steelers in 2005.

2 - Road losses for the Steelers in 2006.

3 - Red-zone touchdowns the Falcons have scored out of 17 trips -- a success rate of 17.6 percent, which ranks last in the NFL.

8 - Red-zone touchdowns the Steelers have scored out of 15 trips -- a success rate of 53.3 percent, which ties for 16th in the NFL.

19 - Consecutive games the Steelers have won when rushing for 200 or more yards.

90 - Regular-season games the Steelers have won since 1970 when rushing for 200 more more yards against six defeats.
lamberts-lost-tooth is offline   Reply With Quote