Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Blast Furnace

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...
Bills
GAMEDAY
September 11, 2014, 8:25pm ET
CBS

Old 10-22-2006, 03:51 PM   #1
bozz723
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 1132
Default season over

I'm not one to be negative but...

This loss has officially ended the steeler season. Whenever you hand a team 21 points for free, and then stop playing defense after those scores, you have no will to win. This loss has officially ended this season, and to lose to the falcons makes me sick, That team is absolute garbage, and so is our defense.
bozz723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 03:52 PM   #2
BigJen
Banned

Member Number: 3186
Default Re: season over

Do you know anything about football????
BigJen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 03:54 PM   #3
SteelersNationsfl
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 1658

3 Turnovers for 21 points didn't help either, before you start blaming the defense.
SteelersNationsfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 03:58 PM   #4
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478

Wow the sky is falling, the sky is falling.

Sure, you lost a shootout today and played some awful defense and special teams but the passing offense was something special considering the way Willie was shut down.

Ben was awesome and threw some great passes right on the money.

Alot of mistakes for sure, but lets not forget how different these threads would look if Pittsburgh had won the OT toss (the worst rule in the NFL possibly).

10-6 is still very much in reach.

NM
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 03:59 PM   #5
clarient
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 1742

You know what I hear?

WAAAAAAHHH WAAHHHHH WAAHHHHHH.

You sound like a Seahawk fan! Stop feeling sorry for yourself and your team! The season is NOT over and even if it is unlikely that we can come back and win it all, we can still come back and show them that the Steelers know how to play some damned football!

I don't care about the Division Championship or the Superbowl... I care about keeping my head HIGH and showing the rest of the nation that losses or no losses, we are still champions!
Old 10-22-2006, 04:04 PM   #6
BIGBENFASTWILLIE
Living Legend

Member Number: 618

I dont know i think our offense played a better game today then i have seen in a long time.
Our defense just got tired, but with all the turnovers.........they played much more then they are suppose to....
We need to play fundamental football and hold onto the damn thing...........I dont think you can look at this game and point out anything bad besides the turnovers.
Old 10-22-2006, 04:05 PM   #7
MACH1
Quest For Seven
Supporter

Member Number: 3236
Thanked 4,928 Times in 1,836 Posts

How many teams were 12-4 , 11-5 last year and did not make the playoffs? Its not looking to promising at this point.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
MACH1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 04:07 PM   #8
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarient View Post
You know what I hear?

WAAAAAAHHH WAAHHHHH WAAHHHHHH.

You sound like a Seahawk fan! Stop feeling sorry for yourself and your team! The season is NOT over and even if it is unlikely that we can come back and win it all, we can still come back and show them that the Steelers know how to play some damned football!

I don't care about the Division Championship or the Superbowl... I care about keeping my head HIGH and showing the rest of the nation that losses or no losses, we are still champions!
Nice post.

Too many posters sound like spoilt cry-babies who think they are owed Steelers victories.

NM
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 04:09 PM   #9
bozz723
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 1132

Yea youre right, im jsut extraordinarily pissed off right now. I'm positive the broncos cant beat us, but honestly, if i tell you we score 38 points and lose, no one on earth would believe me.

We basically just said to the falcons, "here, go ahead, take 21 free points. We don't want to win this game." We played careless again, and when you give a team 21 points, and momentum on the road, its nigh impossible to win. Then Nate Washington ends the game on a false start, when we could have possibly won the game. It honestly took a miracle to beat us today, and the falcons got it.

This loss IMO, is too much to overcome for this season. We have to win out.
bozz723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 04:09 PM   #10
fansince88
Water Boy

Member Number: 3441

All I can say is how quickly we forget. Two words to remember: Sixth Seed!